LethuL

Lethul Halo 5 + More QnA, you've got questions I have answers.

Bold statement from only six games. Did they mention any other gamemodes that will be playable?

Im speaking from a strictly aiming/gunskill perspective on the skill gap

i never said that about halo4, they didn't interview my team cause we said it was trash. I'll give my honest opinions based off what I've seen, which right now is still minimal.

I didn't mean to come at you with that, just some of "pillars" of community got all hyped about it.

Also do you think this a good or needed move for Halo? Do we need all this new stuff? Would you be content playing MCC esque style'd Halo games for the rest of your career?

DID YOU KNOW YOU WERE GONNA TRASH THOSE STR8 RIPPIN KIDS :lxthul::lxthul::lxthul::lxthul::lxthul:

there was 0% chance we lost the finals after we won that game 2 against stk
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Im speaking from a strictly aiming/gunskill perspective on the skill gap

I agree from the very little we saw the aiming didn't look very easy like some other Halos.

I guess at this point we just have to wait for the beta and test it out.

The 1 life per round gamemode is going to be interesting in Halo.

how do you feel OpTiC FormaL played in h5? Was he the MVP? Why can't we just be talking to him instead of you? Who cares about you?

#BtH

LMAO, formal was the MVP tbh. Our teamwork and chemistry in and out of game made it really easy to have trust in game, first event I've ever not been thinking about other people's responsibilities hoping they don't fail. He's the best current FPS player by far and he's only 19, he's got a lot more coming for him In gaming
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I didn't mean to come at you with that, just some of "pillars" of community got all hyped about it.

Also do you think this a good or needed move for Halo? Do we need all this new stuff? Would you be content playing MCC esque style'd Halo games for the rest of your career?

i would love to play classic halo forever, but we are all biased. At some point there's going to be new innovations In FPS games that we will love but it's just a matter of finding them all and perfecting them. Hopefully 343 can have some luck with that
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What did you think of Breakout, anyway? Should there be an objective (like SnD or Counter-Strike) or was slayer focus good enough? 

half the magnetism, sprint adds negative effects, descope itself is amazing and adds more skill than anything h4 could. The amount myself and most other pros at the party last night talked about ideas to 343 was insane. We will have direct communication with them throughout the beta. They really seemed like they want this to work and are wanting to be involved with us

God this is so awesome to hear. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with during beta feedback period. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do you think things like thrusters, clamber, ground and pound, smart scope, and sliding can add to the competitive merit of this game? Or do you think they are just gimmicks that will pollute the game much how Armor abilities and perks did to Halo 4.

Less auto-aim, is it annoying or is it good for competitive??

not annoying, this is what we've all been complaining about since reach "EVERYONE CAN SHOOT, ITS TOO EASY"

They want to make all weapons have a competitive purpose and balance them out, hopefully we can help with that

• Upvote (+1) 4

What do you think about the weapon balance? How good is the BR compared to for example the DMR or AR?

Do you think things like thrusters, clamber, ground and pound, smart scope, and sliding can add to the competitive merit of this game? Or do you think they are just gimmicks that will pollute the game much how Armor abilities and perks did to Halo 4.

if put in right, the thruster did seem a bit op in feel like it should have a really small boost distance with a decent cool down. Ground and pound was pretty hard to use tbh I didn't hit a single one
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Aren't you on 343's payroll and Frankie currently has a gun aimed at your head to force you to make optimistic comments about H5?

What's one change you hope for 343 to make to the core gameplay of H5?

:kappa:

Do you think things like thrusters, clamber, ground and pound, smart scope, and sliding can add to the competitive merit of this game? Or do you think they are just gimmicks that will pollute the game much how Armor abilities and perks did to Halo 4.

if put in right, the thruster did seem a bit op in feel like it should have a really small boost distance with a decent cool down. Ground and pound was pretty hard to use tbh I didn't hit a single one
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hey thanks for this Lethul.  my Q's:

• Did walking speed feel too slow at all?
  • Did walking acceleration (strafing) feel sluggish?
  • Did using thruster lag your ability to shoot after thrusting?
  • Do you feel like it would be better if you could shoot while thrusting like in Unreal Tournament or something?  Feels only a defensive tool without it.
  • How long did the delay feel between springing and being able to shoot?  On-stream it looked really good and fast.

we told them that there should be an objective, call it copying if you want but that works. Slayer based was campy in a pro setting I don't wanna see from a casual perspective. There needs to be a reason to promote map movement

Thank you for telling them that!