jayWHY

Halo 1 MCC needs Lag Compensation

Yea, hitzel, you've been doing a great job with your reddit threads, this one needs to be next on your list. Right now, Halo PC with the no lead mod plays BETTER than MCC Halo CE without a doubt. The title "no lead" is misleading how ever because there is absolutely still shot lead. It basically feels like playing ON host on xbc.

I personally won't be buying an xb1 or MCC until they fix this netcode. Having xbc like connections off host I feel is simply unacceptable in this day and age on xbox live.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It absolutely needs fixing. I don't want to be playing Halo PC on console, where you may or may not actually be seeing what's really happening.

The current plan is to make the false information given by the current netcode a big deal, but I'm tied up this week and need others to help me out.

Netcode issues should definitely be front and center since that takes priority over anything else but you should have lots of time now since MCC is so ridicuously bugged and those are going too take priority over fixing H1.

Netcode issues should definitely be front and center since that takes priority over anything else but you should have lots of time now since MCC is so ridicuously bugged and those are going too take priority over fixing H1.

Yes, but now is the time to rake in the most support as well.

Really hope they are able to do something, customs off-host are terrible.

Yes, it is pretty bad. 13 years later it should be no problem making online off host feel like LAN off host.

you guys crack me up.  

you know whats better that out pistoling someone on equal footing?  out pistoling someone with a clear advantage.

btw any of you guys with the game that want to 1v1 your host GT: Wyld3 KNFr  this way you are happy, and I am happy 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Even if you manage to out pistol someone off host, it still doesn't compensate for the other 15+ issues that this game has in comparison to OG Xbox halo. Why spend $500 to play a broken version on halo PC but with a controller?

My gripe is that there is no clear way to shoot.  Sometimes leading is the way.  Sometimes chasing is the way.  Plus with my group when we play customs and I'm usually the host because somehow I'm the only one EVERYBODY can connect to, I start to feel guilty for winning all the time.  By the end of the night, I'm practically begging for somebody else to host the lobby for some humble pie.

Talking with someone who claims his friend made the Halo PC no lead mod or w/e and says that they actually changed the engine and thats why it's literally impossible to update this an include that. I'm no expert in the field, but it just seems odd. He's a bungie employee and is basically telling me theres no way they can actually improve the netcode and I find that hard to believe.

Talking with someone who claims his friend made the Halo PC no lead mod or w/e and says that they actually changed the engine and thats why it's literally impossible to update this an include that. I'm no expert in the field, but it just seems odd. He's a bungie employee and is basically telling me theres no way they can actually improve the netcode and I find that hard to believe.

why is it impossible to update? the entire game is downloadable

you guys crack me up.  

you know whats better that out pistoling someone on equal footing?  out pistoling someone with a clear advantage.

btw any of you guys with the game that want to 1v1 your host GT: Wyld3 KNFr  this way you are happy, and I am happy

If people on this forum knew your history it would be pretty dumb for them to come at you, even with host. ;)

god I wish I was still that good at halo. Im just your average old man these days.

Host adv with the pistol is pretty insane. Game is pretty crisp on host and the pistol registers very predictably. Off host there is just no way to gauge how to shoot the gun and it varies game by game. The pistol is straight up unreliable off host for the most part, bullets seem to hit over and over yet no damage is registered. Host in this game seems to be far more advantageous than even 110+ ping xbc days. 

This is true but doesn't really apply in this game. Since there's literally no way to gauge how much you have to lead, all off host pistol kills just seem random. Even if you were to out pistol someone off host you could just chalk it up to luck of the draw rather than mechanically outplaying them. Even on XBC, as laggy as some games were, the pistol still predictable and consistent in how it would register. This game doesn't have that off host right now, it seems like a crap shoot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree host is crazy. ive had consistent luck off host but only after playing on that host a while.

changing hosts kinda starts the learning process all over again.

ive won very few 1v1s off host, my buddy watching the stream was like "WHY DONT YOU EVER NADE".

bad habits lol.

host feels like cheating tbh