CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@BooRaD easily one of the most exciting lan peformances ive ever seen and Devon is capable of the exact same thing or better which is nuts. they will definitely upset at least one big team. Sudds have no fear. at cbus 2011 I think? correct me if im wrong but with TheOnlyToxic and Flamehead they beat Strongside, Elamite, Snakebite and Robbie B hot off a 4th place finish and Strongsides most incredible individual tournament ever.

RC top 8

Adventure Time 1st

I watched it happen. 

They threw Warheads on everybody. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

For the main post, would you guys like Top 8, 12, or 16?

I'm leaning towards Top 8 or 12.

depends on how many teams there will be. If IG plays out top 8. Then top 8= Pro.  AGL avr. between 40-60 teams and they payed out the top 6. 

Predictions:

1st: EG

2nd: OpTic (SQ always got God brackets)

3rd: CLG

4th: BTH

5th/6th: C9/Str8

7th:8th: Denial/Scorched

@@BooRaD easily one of the most exciting lan peformances ive ever seen and Devon is capable of the exact same thing or better which is nuts. they will definitely upset at least one big team. Sudds have no fear. at cbus 2011 I think? correct me if im wrong but with TheOnlyToxic and Flamehead they beat Strongside, Elamite, Snakebite and Robbie B hot off a 4th place finish and Strongsides most incredible individual tournament ever.

RC top 8

Adventure Time 1st

Yea that tournament they beat Warriors which was impressive but that best match to watch was them vs aptitude will never forget that match.

Sudds are proof that no matter how hard you try your dreams will never come true.

For how many events the Sudds have been to now and how much they honestly play and all the chances they get i dont understand how they are not pro yet lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

People need to stop knocking on the Suds for being dedicated. Knock on them for other things. But their dedication is admirable IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People need to stop knocking on the Suds for being dedicated. Knock on them for other things. But their dedication is admirable IMO.

I think people "respect them" for supporting the scene and going to events, but they just have really shitty personalities and can act like young teenagers at times, even after all these years in the scene. There hasn't been a difference from Day 1 with them.

This is from today even:

e36e75607ae07220c0b8ffefb4db8f7f.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

For the main post, would you guys like Top 8, 12, or 16?

I'm leaning towards Top 8 or 12.

Top 8 for now. Later on when things get more intense top 12 or 16.

Assuming the bracket even allows this sort of placement, here are my predictions:

Couple different tiers for teams too: CLG and EG are in Tier 1, BtH is in no-mans-land alone in tier two, Str8 / Optic / Denial round out tier 3, with Annex Halo, Dynasty, and Fatal Ambition sliding into my tier 4. Teams within tiers are interchangeable in my eyes, but a higher tier is a clear favorite against a lower tier all things considered.

TIER 1:

1. CLG - Very practiced, been together for a while now and seem to be getting more and more comfortable with each day they play. Having the most successful player of all time in Ogre 2 on your team definitely doesn't hurt either.

2. EG - EG is the Godsquad, and the expectations and hype around them is astronomical, but judging from their practice so far, they aren't going to walk over every team they play. They've gotten better this week as we inch towards IG Columbus, but I think they still have to prove that they can beat CLG in a legitimate enviornment before I can place them at #1.

TIER 2:

3. BtH - BTH is a super solid squad, but that's all I see them being: super solid. They don't have a superstar on their team, or a truly defining characteristic to them. As much as I love Legit as a player, I'm not exactly sure he was the type of 4th they needed to be the #1 team in the game. They'll play anyone hard, and I expect them to be an amazing Warlord team, but I don't think they have the pure slaying prowess to upset a team like CLG or EG.

TIER 3:

4. Str8 Rippin - I would love to place them higher, but I don't think the team has what it takes to go any higher than 4th place. They're one of the more practiced teams heading into this which bodes well for their chances, and Tsquared has put in the necessary time to be efficient for his team, but they lack the pure slaying power of the Top 3 teams. They'll be scrappy, and I think that'll be their defining trait, but I can't see them placing any higher than 4th unless either T2 / Prototype / Str8 Sick play out of their minds.

5. Denial - A bit of a funky mix of players, but a mix of players that just might strike the right balance between objective skill and slaying power. I think Cloud's performance will largely dictate how well this team does.

6. Cloud 9 - Veteran team, with Ninja to infuse them with some young talent. If the veterans play like the used to, this team could do serious damage. I just can't see them being as dangerous as some people hope they will be.

7. Optic Halo - Very similar boat to Str8 Rippin: super solid "team", and they'll probably play the objective game and communication game better than almost anyone, but I don't think they have the slaying power to make any huge upsets. I place them right at Str8s level as far as overall team skill, but I don't think they have the same amount of game breaking skill like Str8 does out of Naded and Prototype / Str8 Sick.

TIER 4:

8. Dynasty - This is the wildcard of the event. If Tizoxic is as good of a slayer as he used to be, they're going to be a dangerous team moving through the bracket. Dynasty also always has a nasty habit of being a super dangerous event team.

9. Annex Halo - Composed of some of the best online Halo players in recent memory, the addition of a known quantity in Arkanum should propel them to the next level at this event. They should be one of the most well practiced teams in the game, although their inability to secure super quality practice (that I've seen at least) against top teams will likely hurt them in the long run. Can only see them improving though as the season progresses.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wait is Cloud 9 going to tournament that is coming up?

I legit just straight up forgot about Cloud 9. Tells you how much I overlooked them. I tried being fair and including some of the lesser known teams, and ended up forgetting a known quantity.  :frank:

BTH/EG/CLG top 3 no order. I don't understand why people are overlooking BTH because they don't have a superstar slayer like Snip3down or Royal 2....

But Lethul.

• Upvote (+1) 1