CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

sooo now it's

ugly plain blocks vs boring grey structures..

actually for me personally it's more about

ugly vs boring.

Here is a construct inspired map called Orion if anyone wants to test it. Was made by SecretSchnitzel

http://www.forgehub.com/SecretSchnitzel/maps/Orion%20H2A

272_atrium.png

It was pretty popular in H4 but it never made the cut unfortunately because of Onyx or something. Would be great to use this to replace Lockdown koth since Orion plays koth really well.  

this looks pretty good, just the brown blocks is...eh...

and I wouldn't mind a good beaver creek remake, that map hasn't been played enough within this decade.

Lol, there is no such thing as changing the meta for halo anymore, if you are talking game play wise. The best thing to do for h2a is to create a midship map and wait for DLC if there is any and enjoy, simply, competition.

I think DLC has been ruled out.

I'm going to be honest, all of the 'creative' maps that I've played on have all sucked ass. They don't belong in competitive halo and if we want the best competition, we already know what works.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Lol, there is no such thing as changing the meta for halo anymore, if you are talking game play wise. The best thing to do for h2a is to create a midship map and wait for DLC if there is any and enjoy, simply, competition.

At first I was pissed because Halo pro's are a huge reason of why were stuck with such a simple meta game, and simple maps. Then I realized you were talking about H2A so you're kinda right. Sucks we have so many people willing to settle for the Rock Paper Scissor championship series.

I'm going to be honest, all of the 'creative' maps that I've played on have all sucked ass. They don't belong in competitive halo and if we want the best competition, we already know what works.

now I'll edit because that is a great post that summarizes the issue. What were the issues with the creative maps? Lack of linear aggressive flow? I wish the meta would revert back to something similar to CE where you had to think before you played.

They don't belong in competitive halo because they are not two base two tower maps that either have no power-ups or power weapons. If they do, then they spawn every 2 and 3 minutes. Trust them guys, sitting around, team shooting, baiting and switching is the best competitive version of halo possible, and is the best for competition in general.

You know what happens when were stuck with this shit from Halo 3, to Halo Reach, to Halo 4? We get Halo 5 guardians, because obviously anything creative sucks and we should be pushing the game into the most generic mainstream light possible. Now were stuck with a game that's forcefully being merged with other games because Halo's meta was watered down extremely across the series. 

So all in all, your right. Because of this pattern from the developers and the pro's who constantly claim they know whats best for competitive Halo (as if the series is getting better) We will never improve Halo's meta into something deep. Anyone who has simply "settled" for what we've gotten has contributed to this problem.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Have you played any forge maps you think are good for h2a?

Well, since we're being honest...

You don't know what makes an fps game a good competitive title, so I'm going to be the smart one and ignore your opinions from here on out.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Alright let's play the map we've been playing since h2 where we'll see the same shit over and over again. Then we'll wait for dlc that will never come out and play coag gun goose CTF and richochet on stone town so we can simply enjoy competition. Sounds like a plan.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

xboxdvr.com/a+Chunk/1ff3adf0-92bb-4db4-88d0-398f08ef074e

This is the type of map that we should be pushing for the comp. Settings. The map looks beautiful and plays solid. Forget about the overplayed maps like Onslaught/Midship/Pit etc.

That map looks pretty cool. It is a map that doesn't have the same colors everywhere which is something we need and doesn't look ugly or boring.

I doubt we are going to get any DLC though.

edit: looking at it again, it does look a little dull, but it is better than forgemaps we are used to with Reach and Halo 4. It does feel a bit closed of.

xboxdvr.com/a+Chunk/1ff3adf0-92bb-4db4-88d0-398f08ef074e

This is the type of map that we should be pushing for the comp. Settings. The map looks beautiful and plays solid. Forget about the overplayed maps like Onslaught/Midship/Pit etc.

This one LOOKS better than the other one posted earlier. They both might play great, however both aren't all that appealing to look at. The issue I see constantly are these "closed off" maps. Huge monotone walls. No skybox. No real terrain. The maps aren't "small" but they feel claustrophobic.

I'd rather see people make maps that use blocks/walls to create bases but have much more of an open feel to them with rocks/terrain.

I mean, look at what was shown in that MCC forge demo. Even if it was just some thrown together ideas and not a full map, it was far more visually appealing to me then anything I've seen.

Well, since we're being honest...

You don't know what makes an fps game a good competitive title, so I'm going to be the smart one and ignore your opinions from here on out.

This is funny.... lol

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wish there was a huge gaming event that was to determine who the best "gamers" were. Of course it would be a popularity contest and contain only CoD and Halo2A from a console standpoint, but could you imagine seeing current generation of pro's playing various games?

I'd love to see them play Halo CE or Shadowrun. I'm just convinced Halo players hate using their brains at this point and want to stick to using their eyes and thumbs.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Here is a construct inspired map called Orion if anyone wants to test it. Was made by SecretSchnitzel

http://www.forgehub.com/SecretSchnitzel/maps/Orion%20H2A

272_atrium.png

It was pretty popular in H4 but it never made the cut unfortunately because of Onyx or something. Would be great to use this to replace Lockdown koth since Orion plays koth really well.  

The map plays 100x times better than Lockdown for KotH. I have tested it in customs.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I guess you can put Sicker than Your Average on here.

Blaze, Elitest, Jerawockee

• Upvote (+1) 6

You don't actually believe that, right? No offence, but pros opinion shouldn't be the be-all end-all for tournament settings. It's a well known fact that pros, in general, want the same, basic maps over and over again so they never have to relearn any new strats and have the best chance at winning. You need to get out of your comfort zone (not you specifically, pros in general).

From a spectator point of view, watching the same types of maps being played again and again with the same strats is really, really BORING. Considering that without spectators, eSports wouldn't be a thing, I'd think it's important to give spectators a fresh experience over allowing pros to use the same strats from 2004.

Edit: After reading the replies above, I'm glad I'm not the only one who shares this opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

[PENDING NAME]

To2 with Kampy

Str8 Rippin: T2, Naded, Hoaxer, Kampy. Would be sick. One can dream. That would leave out Str8 Sick which sucks though.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You don't actually believe that, right? No offence, but pros opinion shouldn't be the be-all end-all for tournament settings. It's a well known fact that pros, in general, want the same, basic maps over and over again so they never have to relearn any new strats and have the best chance at winning. You need to get out of your comfort zone (not you specifically, pros in general).

From a spectator point of view, watching the same types of maps being played again and again with the same strats is really, really BORING. Considering that without spectators, eSports wouldn't be a thing, I'd think it's important to give spectators a fresh experience over allowing pros to use the same strats from 2004.

Edit: After reading the replies above, I'm glad I'm not the only one who shares this opinion.

You could not be any more(insert raging adjectives here) wrong and shit like this is one of the many reasons I don't visit these forums anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 6

You could not be any more(insert raging adjectives here) wrong and shit like this is one of the many reasons I don't visit these forums anymore.

Instead of just telling me I'm wrong, tell me why I'm wrong? 

Because it sure seems like pros want the same Midship styled maps with basic strats that have been used for 10 years now.

Pros need to be more open minded with maps and not just rubbish them straight away just because they don't find success in the first minute of playing on it. 

Last time the pros had their say in what forge maps were in the rotation, we had Station fucking 9. Need I say more?

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

In my opinion, that reaction is a bit strong. If you believe Sam here is misinformed, I would just tell him about it. How are we supposed to know what Pros think if they won't venture onto the forums to inform us of their opinions and thoughts (which are highly valuable).

I think we all appreciate you posting what you think and sharing insight, that's what forums are all about.