CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't think we ever got 200K viewers... I could be wrong, but I think that's a struggle for CoD to get consistently. 

Highest we had was that pre release h2a event recently. something like 40-50k, nothing really big compared to other games like LoL, dota 2, etc

Highest we had was that pre release h2a event recently. something like 40-50k, nothing really big compared to other games like LoL, dota 2, etc

on one of the live shows GoldenBoy hinted that the Halo 4 Global Championship had a really high number but 343 never wanted to disclose the number.

on one of the live shows GoldenBoy hinted that the Halo 4 Global Championship had a really high number but 343 never wanted to disclose the number.

would make sense I guess, the stream was on the dashboard I believe so wouldn't be surprised if it had high numbers

what is serious amount tho. I remember during the h4 launch event on friday night, the stream had like 14k concurrent and puckett literally tweeted out something like "wow the all time halo viewership record was just smashed". though that tournament ended up getting 40k on sunday

Serious amount? I'd guess around 40k tops. Can't see it being much higher than that, if that at all.

Str8 was supposed to announce their team today, but I'm guessing their placing put a serious damper on that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2015 has the potential to really grow Halo's viewership numbers with the HCS and things like Spec mode finally being implemented as long as MCC gets fixed soon and H5 delivers a game that is at least on par with H3 where alot of new blood enters the scene to offset the inevitable disgruntlement of the veteran players who would rather have H1.5 or H2.5.

Although I am not sure if Halo is a very spectator friendly game compared to games like MOBA's where you get to see the whole picture most of the time. I always enjoyed watching it when it was competitive, but I am not sure how it is to a casual Halo viewer. Halo is kind of unique in that its an Arena-style DM FPS in a time when insta-kill load-out shooters dominate the market both casually and competitively. I think emphasizing FFA,1v1, and 2v2 more like the old days would be great as those are strengths that comp Halo should have that other shooters dont. I dont think elimination modes like Breakout will work well in Halo, 343 should focus more on making 1v1/2v2 a thing again in competitive Halo. Ninja had most viewers in Reach when he was playing 1v1, viewers enjoy seeing the thought process that dual modes bring and 2v2's have long been one of the most competitive modes in Halo. It sucks that the maps will probably be too big for 1v1/2v2's with sprint though  :(

H2A needs at least one more map for HCS. King lockdown is shit... 

Serious amount? I'd guess around 40k tops. Can't see it being much higher than that, if that at all.

Str8 was supposed to announce their team today, but I'm guessing their placing put a serious damper on that.

What did they place?

Id wait until HCS esports kicks in. Viewers in any game always turn up as a season progresses. The finals of season 1 can hit huge numbers

2015 has the potential to really grow Halo's viewership numbers with the HCS and things like Spec mode finally being implemented as long as MCC gets fixed soon and H5 delivers a game that is at least on par with H3 where alot of new blood enters the scene to offset the inevitable disgruntlement of the veteran players who would rather have H1.5 or H2.5.

Although I am not sure if Halo is a very spectator friendly game compared to games like MOBA's where you get to see the whole picture most of the time. I always enjoyed watching it when it was competitive, but I am not sure how it is to a casual Halo viewer. Halo is kind of unique in that its an Arena-style DM FPS in a time when insta-kill load-out shooters dominate the market both casually and competitively. I think emphasizing FFA,1v1, and 2v2 more like the old days would be great as those are strengths that comp Halo should have that other shooters dont. I dont think elimination modes like Breakout will work well in Halo, 343 should focus more on making 1v1/2v2 a thing again in competitive Halo. Ninja had most viewers in Reach when he was playing 1v1, viewers enjoy seeing the thought process that dual modes bring and 2v2's have long been one of the most competitive modes in Halo. It sucks that the maps will probably be too big for 1v1/2v2's with sprint though  :(

If Halo had 1v1, 2v2, and 4v4 tournaments, that would grow the scene exponentially. They're very different ways of playing the same game and I think most people would enjoy the variation. But the games themselves have to be tailored to all three of those ways. And the only Halo game that really excelled at all of them was Halo CE. If 343 can somehow make future Halo games viable for different types of tournaments, that would only mean good things.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What a frigging tease. Enable tore up at this past CoD event, so I'm doubting that he'll be dropping it to play Halo any time soon, but one can hope.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Id wait until HCS esports kicks in. Viewers in any game always turn up as a season progresses. The finals of season 1 can hit huge numbers

I doubt halo ever breaks 100k viewers, it just doesnt have the following like other top titles

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I doubt halo ever breaks 100k viewers, it just doesnt have the following like other top titles

it really doesnt matter about the following. If there are big numbers being thrown around for that prize pool you can expect ALOT of people. Look at smite its most viewers is like 12k they are at 1.6 million for their prizepool. Guarantee that gets over 75k with just seeing that number in the title. Also with the influx of all these big orgs.

it really doesnt matter about the following. If there are big numbers being thrown around for that prize pool you can expect ALOT of people. Look at smite its most viewers is like 12k they are at 1.6 million for their prizepool. Guarantee that gets over 75k with just seeing that number in the title. Also with the influx of all these big orgs.

Yeah these big orgs tweeting out the stream will probably increase the amount of viewers more than people think. Just imagine a CLG vs EG finals(which is very probable) with both of those twitters tweeting out the stream. That's 326k followers being tweeted the stream. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah these big orgs tweeting out the stream will probably increase the amount of viewers more than people think. Just imagine a CLG vs EG finals(which is very probable) with both of those twitters tweeting out the stream. That's 326k followers being tweeted the stream.

I still don't think it will break 100k

I don't know.... I feel like some of you care way too much about viewership. Personally I think it's kinda ridiculous to compare StarCraft or League of Legends to Halo. As long as the momentum keeps up, I'm sure Halo will get a good amount of viewership sooner or later.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know.... I feel like some of you care way too much about viewership. Personally I think it's kinda ridiculous to compare StarCraft or League of Legends to Halo. As long as the momentum keeps up, I'm sure Halo will get a good amount of viewership sooner or later.

Viewership matters for sponsorship, and sponsorship matters for sustainability.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think that Halo is in a substantially better place than we were before, although that's completely thanks to the HCS. I'm a little worried that we will become absolutely dependent on just one avenue of competition and sustainability, as we were with MLG back in the day. Should the HCS continue, and the game gets fixed as promised, I think we have a pretty bright future for us.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So is BtH really not gonna get picked up by any org? They are, imo, very underrated and will have a good chance of winning the first event.

Feel like Faze or Curse would do good to pick them up. Faze would be best because they're all optic fanboys and it will be hilarious if Faze beat optic in Halo too :P

So is BtH really not gonna get picked up by any org? They are, imo, very underrated and will have a good chance of winning the first event.

Feel like Faze or Curse would do good to pick them up. Faze would be best because they're all optic fanboys and it will be hilarious if Faze beat optic in Halo too :P

I think its been rumored that BtH locked in an org as of a little while ago, they just haven't announced it yet. I'd be surprised if the "team" that won the invitational didn't get some form of backing by an organisation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe because they openly talk of drug use and/or actually use drugs on a live stream that sponsors have stayed away from them. Pro-tip, if you are into drug use keep it to yourself.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe because they openly talk of drug use and/or actually use drugs on a live stream that sponsors have stayed away from them. Pro-tip, if you are into drug use keep it to yourself.

I'm pretty sure they make fun of that stuff no?

What have you heard?

I think its been rumored that BtH locked in an org as of a little while ago, they just haven't announced it yet. I'd be surprised if the "team" that won the invitational didn't get some form of backing by an organisation.

this. bth is deff getting an org, especially with the way lxthul was talking on twitter.

and i bet enable enable joins optic. too many tweets from him and FS (and even Mboze) for them to be just teasing. 

Lethul said in his stream they are apart of an org they just have to wait for the org to announce it.