CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

it's default TS....with radar. That defeats the purpose for us competitive players.

Ranked playlists are ranked playlists. Anything to grow the population will help Halo.

And it has objective gametypes in the playlist

• Upvote (+1) 1

Che Chou seems cool as fuck

I don't even know who this is.

Very great day for Halo.

@@Arkanum is truly an amazing Halo player. Despite everything that happened, you can't be disappointed with how you and your teammates @@aPG @@Aries @@MaNiaC played. I was on the edge of my seat the whole day.

Can't wait for the storm of F/A!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am pretty disappointed there are only 2 events before the finals next season. That is not good. I hope the unannounced event is back in UGC St Louis. Would love to go again. 

Yeah I wished it were longer. gonna suck to see H2A leave so soon

I really hope Cloud 9 stays together. I think they could win if they just changed up a few things.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope Cloud 9 stays together. I think they could win if they just changed up a few things.

C9 needs to improve their Shrine game.

Denial needs to improve their Slayer game.

Noble needs to improve their Objective game.

So much potential.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ranked playlists are ranked playlists. Anything to grow the population will help Halo.

And it has objective gametypes in the playlist

We're discussing competitive halo aka HCS. How does a ranked team slayer playlist boost our community?

Simms grew on me throughout the weekend. His attention to detail (Hit markers, assist medals etc.) was unmatched.

Very disappointed GoldenBoy commentated the Championship Series. I understand your commentating comes from a great place @GoldenBoy, but you reference team drama and irrelevant team banter a strong "third" of your actual commentating and it's very distracting.

Simms was focused on delivering an intense description of each play that kept me on the edge of my seat and tuned-in to exactly what was going on every second of every game he commentated. 

Very much hope we see more Simms.

• Upvote (+1) 2

With all the complaints for Halo's payouts, why is the NA Regional for CoD only 5k to first place?

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/competitions/88#event_190_prizes

AkaDemiK, on 08 Mar 2015 - 7:50 PM, said:

We're discussing competitive halo aka HCS. How does a ranked team slayer playlist boost our community?

He was discussing ranked playlists in general. He said only one playlist was ranked, which is incorrect.

And a larger population playing helps the game, because eventually they'll creep into the competitive scene. That's how MLG took off

• Upvote (+1) 1

Isn't it mainly a qualifying event for entry into the World Championships with a prize pool of like 1 mil?

I don't know. I was genuinely asking. I just assumed it was a playoff like how MLG used to do it

I loved the tournament completely, epic matches(CLG toyed with my heart wayyy too many times with those game 5's , EG totally dominated the tournament. Simms with Walshy casting is beyond good, they made an extremely good combination.Downtime was rather minimal and the quality of the stream was good. Overall super pleased wit all(wanted CLG to win but oh well).

My fear is that there is no current roster able to consistently win against EG, changes are coming and there is nothing stopping it, with 343 putting good money for the prize, everyone will be aiming to dethrone EG.

Also, #stayNoble , Arkanum and his boys will do serious damage in S2(while the sudds will be out of the top 8).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure there will be team changes, but I actually hope a lot of these teams stick together.  It really felt to me like everyone was on the same level throughout the entire weekend.  There were very few one-sided games.  (EG being the exception, they looked incredible).  I was mildly impressed by Str8, especially given their overall lack of practice, and think they could compete if they put in the time.  Noble really impressed as well.  This tournament did a lot to renew my interest in Halo, because given all the issues beforehand, there was not a lot of interest going in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Heads up, Season 2 thread will be up sometime tomorrow.

Could be 1am, could be 5pm.

Heads up, Season 2 thread will be up sometime tomorrow.

Could be 1am, could be 5pm.

:bravo:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Viewership is going to slowly build up. Going to take some time, but it should really get up there. There's been several high quality games. Entertainment value has been pretty high. Same with production