CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Well, it will definitely be interesting to see team shake-ups in Season 2. I'll be interested to see which teams consider their season to be enough of a success to stay together and which top teams disband or make major roster changes. Plus, some old pros may come back. I know SK said he was waiting for season 2 and Captain Anarchy had said on twitter at the start of this season that he was looking for a team. 

f5633bdc5c8e8d03cb6fa3c3dd988e34.png

acc3f6de500003ba014693886358332b.png

brahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Clearly a typo from twitching so much, even the Mackeo name does that

• Upvote (+1) 1

Clearly a typo from twitching so much, even the Mackeo name does that

thoughts on Walshy saying the votes for winning between C9 and Str8 would be even?

thoughts on Walshy saying the votes for winning between C9 and Str8 would be even?

Could be accurate. I thought C9 may have been bickering after their loss to EG. Had they been, Str8 may very well have won.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Um, I don't think that's too big of a deal, you gotta take everything the commentators say with grain of salt, most of the stuff they say is positive, they try to keep the feeling upbeat, I could be wrong but it's just how it is, you'll never see a commentator unless they're a player just stepping in and being like what a horrible olay or choking etc. (Maybe Gandhi) they always word stuff so it's as friendly as possible :)

Edit: clearly a skill I need to attain again

• Upvote (+1) 2

Let's stop giving these guys attention. Its pointless. We already know who they are.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I am really loving the fact that it's hard to get a chair when the games are going on. Lots of people are watching the games to the point where there are 3 rows of people around the chairs standing and watching.

Bring back the we want chairs maybe?

PAX has been amazing so far though!

So, Forge Maps for Season 2...

Here's a post from Nokyard from Forge Hub:

WARHOLIC nearly got into a fistfight defending you guys. Just kidding, of course, but it was pretty intense at one point. I will post first so you can direct your anger at me instead of WARHOLIC if need be.

I , or he, will go into details but firstly i should say that none of the maps we provided will be sent upstream at this point. Simply put, it seems to be a case of their expectations being higher than what we are able to provide due to the limitations of the the Halo H2A game engine. This is not the fault of you forgers or this community, who can only work with what you are given. Our concerns on the matter were noted and he promised to take the mater up with his team.

We were able to have them further define their requirements so we know what direction to go from here, and into the next round.

First, they want fresh content. No remakes of dev maps, remakes/iterations of prior MM forge maps, and no Midship clones. This eliminates most of the submissions right off the top. Of the remaining maps most had some of the qualities they were looking for but no single map stood out and had it all.

Second, and i know you are not going to like this, It's a given that game play must be paramount, you know this, but the map must also translate well to the viewing audience as streaming compatibility has now become a requirement we didn't have to build for in the past. Twitch viewers watching high end game play from a 5 inch screen must be able to understand what they are seeing. This is unfortunately impossible on 2 of the canvases. Skyward only from this point on.
Bases should run North - South so the lighting is more equal.

Third. Symmetrical for now, but they may be looking for asyms later.

http://www.forgehub.com/threads/hcs-season-2-official-map-thread.148259/page-5#post-1608733

So kiss goodbye to Beaver Creek or Midship ever showing up.

• Upvote (+1) 3

No remakes of dev maps, remakes/iterations of prior MM forge maps, and no Midship clones

yTG0R.gif

Whoever is in charge of picking forge maps...I salute yall

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm all for original maps that are easy for the viewer to understand but why are they ruling out remakes in the game that is a remake?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm all for original maps that are easy for the viewer to understand but why are they ruling out remakes in the game that is a remake?

Especially when they probsbly only have one more season with H2A...

Odd.

Not sure the whole squad, but I would love to see a team that had Naded and Ace. Maybe Pistola and someone else with them?

Yup, if anything having more remakes of H2C maps would be a lot easier for older Halo fans to pick up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Reading the FH the thread, a lot of those Forgers seem to be banned from our site. Crazy they can discuss topics there with no issues and be pretty civilized, but once on our forums it's an open battlefield and nonstop bashing. Shit confuses me, maybe they forged up some better attitudes recently.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The more important question is: why is your signature a gif of you missing a Railgun shot?

The more important question is: why is your signature a gif of you missing a Railgun shot?

If you look carefully, the dude he is shooting just teleports.

Station 9 still count as an original map?

I would count it as one. I am probably the only one who liked station 9. >.>

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Station 9 still count as an original map?

no-2.gif

No remakes of dev maps, remakes/iterations of prior MM forge maps

guess not

• Upvote (+1) 3

Goldenboy does a great job of repeating whatever bravo said 2 minutes prior

I hope Simms and walshy get to cast tomorrow ...

• Upvote (+1) 6