CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Though Arkanum is definitely already a shoe-in for most improved player in a 2-week span.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So i'll post what i always post at the end of the day for Halo tourneys...

What was the highest number of viewers for the day?

I think it peaked a little over 10k during C9-Optic, which is pretty good for a Friday considering the Halo viewcounts this season.

I think it peaked a little over 10k during C9-Optic, which is pretty good for a Friday considering the Halo viewcounts this season.

But OpTic lost two series, so no more green wall fandom to bump up the numbers.  That could be the peak for the entire weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But OpTic lost two series, so no more green wall fandom to bump up the numbers. That could be the peak for the entire weekend.

Nah the finals will peak more. And there is a cod torny going on with optic there so i doubt it was boosted much.

Arkanum has that addy face during those games. Good to see him aging extremely well though. Got really drunk with him and his coach at Columbus 2011. Such a good/funny guy

• Upvote (+1) 1

02lARAR.gif

Someone invite me to TB chat please, Macrosmatic

Might be my favourite post ever

I promise I am not trying to be disrespectful or trolling, but I noticed before the OpTic vs C9 series, when they did the team/player mini-montage introducing each player, that it stated that Contra had been "Pro since Halo 2".  Is this correct? I am aware of who Contra is, and that he use to go by the name "Lil Talent", but I don't recall ever seeing him in any of the footage from H2 tournaments, I followed and have went back and watched nearly every H3 event and don't recall seeing him there either.  I first remember hearing his name while in Ninja's stream always doing GB 1v1's, but that is it.  Well, that and when he made it to the Elite 8 of the "H4 Global Championships".  Just asking if anyone knows his H2/H3/Reach placings/teams/profile? And in my opinion, it is hard to root against the guy.  He played outstanding at G4G for OpTic and was very consistent from the matches I witnessed. Just curious if it is true that he was "pro" during the H2 era. 

Rooting for C9.  Hope they can pull the upset against EG.

Thanks fellas.

But OpTic lost two series, so no more green wall fandom to bump up the numbers.  That could be the peak for the entire weekend.

The GreenWall has been non-existent since the event in Nov. FS has 100K followers on twitter, yet can't draw more than 12K viewers? Its all fake followers and Optic doesn't even tweet the stream nor will it now for this event because their team is out at the biggest event of the year. 

Just under 12K for the peak but average around 7-8K  which was the same amount for the finals at G4G. Sucks to see that we had 48K for the Inventional but with a broken game (still) after 4 months; it is what it is. Hopefully, there will be a solid viewership for the finals considering its for 12.5K for each winner vs. 1.5K at G4G and its at Pax and 343 is solely running the event which is great by the way. I wish 343 would run more events for s2 since UGC is done with Halo so all we have left is IG and 343 for finals (for now).

There will be a lot of stuff up in the air when season 1 is done such as sponsorship for teams. Optich3cz can't be pleased by the overall performance of the "optic" brand over the course of the season and placing. I would not be surprised if he drops them come S2 including other teams. Why put their name on something that doesn't draw that much attention. I'm sure CLG, Denial and EG will all be around for S2 sense they all won events.

I promise I am not trying to be disrespectful or trolling, but I noticed before the OpTic vs C9 series, when they did the team/player mini-montage introducing each player, that it stated that Contra had been "Pro since Halo 2".  Is this correct? I am aware of who Contra is, and that he use to go by the name "Lil Talent", but I don't recall ever seeing him in 

He was considered "Pro" in the FFA's as was APG back then. Mind you, both of them were 12-14 back then which makes it quite impressive. However, this was a real stretch for them to do that. Whoever did that much have got the "Optic bump" if you know what I mean. Personally, it should have said top 8 H4GC.

I definitely feel like ESL should take over the league more and throw more events. This is the most fun I've had watching HCS since the opener and definitely the most well run and easiest to watch. Obviously ESL has something to do with that, as well as the game working way better.

Also Simms >

• Upvote (+1) 1

I loved the first day! High quality production in every way and so much awesome games that I just forgot we only have three maps. To bad we didn´t have this kind of production from the beginning. The only things missing is 50k viewers and a big audience :-)

Simms is my new favorite caster. 

I definitely feel like ESL should take over the league more and throw more events. This is the most fun I've had watching HCS since the opener and definitely the most well run and easiest to watch. Obviously ESL has something to do with that, as well as the game working way better.

Also Simms >

ESL are great but they're not the sort to give charity. If there are to be more events like this then it's going to have to come from 343's pockets (or ours potentially given crowd funding options in the future).

Overall the event has been really good, a quality production all round. Big shout out to GB for improving his shit coming into this and Simms for stepping in with confidence, best two casters of the event thus far.

i don't think so.  i havent been on all day, he must have been annoyed from the idiots, i told him to fix the game. he got butthurt and timed me out, when it was over i was just trolling and told him again.  he then proceeded to perma ban me.  there is and was far worse posting going on in the chat then me. haha.

Can you taste that?

It's you being salty.  :salt:

Ghost doesn't have anything to do with MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Good morning all, just wanted to pop by and say thank you for the support on here, in the chat and on Twitter. Any feedback or criticism you guys can throw my way is great, always looking to improve!

HCS day 2 underway in a few hours! Let's hope for some close games and some intense action! Thanks all once again!

Top knotch job on the commentary so far. Seen really positive reaction on Twitter and elsewhere so just keep doing your thing. Making us EU folk proud. 

Schedule for today ?

I think it's Str8/Noble Black up first at 10AM EST

Good morning all, just wanted to pop by and say thank you for the support on here, in the chat and on Twitter. Any feedback or criticism you guys can throw my way is great, always looking to improve!

HCS day 2 underway in a few hours! Let's hope for some close games and some intense action! Thanks all once again!

Pretty solid for the most part. Id just recommend trying not to say "from left, right, and center" so much. Being overused just a little bit.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

My favourite part was when you called Walshy Harry ;) 

Drop the left right front and center also tell Goldenboy/Bravo/Walshy to relax on the word pressure. Sometimes they use it when there literally is zero pressure.

But you Walshy combo is really good. He breaks it down, you hit with the hype. GJ bud

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snipedown tweeted EG vs C9 is up at 10 AM EST

Str8/Noble are both awaiting the losers of the WR2 matchups.

Yeah, major half asleep/half hugnover misread.