CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't pay attention to the chat during the games, but it was great having the Beyond chat for entertainment inbetween games and matches. Shoutouts to @@VinFTW for making the room!

Thanks brotha mang  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is there a stream schedule up for tomorrow?

It starts at 10 AM EST if that helps.

Anyone know why Elamite is not coaching Optic here?

because he knew they would only be there for one day.

AYO!

@@Str8 Kong I believe it's EG/C9 to start the morning (jeez, early morning for me 7 AM).

• Upvote (+1) 3

Mildly.

Was more curious about who plays when.

I was searching the inter webs for you buddy an I couldn't find anything

Just the 10am thing

I wish there was like a halochampionshipseries.com that had ALL the info

@@Bravo make it happen bro

There's lots of twitter drama between APG & Ace.  :weback:

I mean who didn't want to see APG/Aries win that after the team swaps? Lol maybe I'm a little biased though I always liked APG/Maniac. 

Those snipes that series from arkanum and maniac were too much too lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

Man, no matter the issues MCC still has and the contention with H5, watching this tourney today all I could think about is  :weback:

Amazing day 1

• Upvote (+1) 3

I mean who didn't want to see APG/Aries win that after the team swaps? Lol maybe I'm a little biased though I always liked APG/Maniac.

Those snipes that series from arkanum and maniac were too much too lol

That BtH squad I wish they would change there name
  • Upvote (+1) 1

That BtH squad I wish they would change there name

We're BtH at heart. #BelieveInNoble

• Upvote (+1) 5

heard he is at a wedding or somethin

The Lannisters send their regards.  #GreenWedding

Thoughts on the day:

Surprised Noble Black lost a Sanc game to Vibe.

Surprised EG lost a KotH game to NOT-DENIAL.

Not surprised C9 beat OpTic, since Elamite wasn't there.  Big difference between the winningest player in H3 (tied with Pistola) coaching you and ToTz's brother coaching you.

Not surprised Noble Black beat OpTic -- though for a different reason.  I think Noble Black matches up better against OpTic than they do against C9, since OpTic play smarter, not stronger.  Noble Black's superior slaying ability reigned supreme.

Not surprised Str8 beat eLevate, though I was confident in my pick of eLevate to win the series.  Looks like the younguns still have a long way to go in learning how to play King of the Hill and Oddball gametypes.

Str8 are playing better than people were expecting, period.  They're still not going to win the event, though.

Gametype Predictions right:

Noble Black Slayer Warlord, Oddball Lockdown victories vs Vibe.

EG victories on Flag Warlord / Slayer Shrine.  Did not foresee them losing a KotH game on Lockdown to Noble Black.

CLG 3-0.

Denial 3-1, only loss on Slayer Shrine.

C9 lose Shrine TS to OpTic with Ninja dropping 15+ deaths. (he had 15 exactly).

"If C9 win game 1 or game 3 against OpTic, they will win the series."

eLevate win Bomb Shrine vs Str8

Surprises:

Noble Black losing Shrine gametypes.

eLevate losing by 10+ on Lockdown TS.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It seems like any team that Maniac is on, he somehow ends up in the top 3 come Finals/National Events.

I mean honestly hes probably the most underrated player in the game 99% of the time. Even in threads where people talk about who's the most underrated almost everyone, myself included, forgets about maniac but then he just destroys people at events lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure I'd credit OpTic's loss to a coaching change. They just didn't look as good today as they did at the last few events. Was Elamite really the difference? I don't think so. Did it play a role? Maybe, but I don't think you can credit him and him alone with the difference between OpTic today and OpTic two weeks ago.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So is there like a VOD or something where people who missed it can watch because I'd like to see a couple of the matches.

I caught a shirt thrown by @@LethuL

Sterilize it

I mean honestly hes probably the most underrated player in the game 99% of the time. Even in threads where people talk about who's the most underrated almost everyone, myself included, forgets about maniac but then he just destroys people at events lol

Maniac is a decent slayer, and a good flanker.  He's the guy that is always in your goddamn hut stealing your Sniper on Shrine.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

So is there like a VOD or something where people who missed it can watch because I'd like to see a couple of the matches.

Halo twitch channel, past broadcasts.

If the event ended today, who's MVP?

My money is on Arkanum. Dude was GOATing.

Arkanum, but the best teams have only played one match so it's not really fair to say.