CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just some fairly minor things to note:

1. 4-player splitscreen is sick, especially when paired with the listen-ins. More please.

2. Why do they care so much about the player on the inside seat placing his controller on the table? I can tell that's annoying people. The look on Contra's and Heinz's face when they turned around after that dude was tapping them on the shoulder was pretty hilarious.

3. The "pro player since" graphic is wildly inconsistent. Either needs to be based off of first top 8 placing, or first major event ever attended. There seems to be no real rhyme or reason to it. Somehow Contra has been "pro" since H2 even though he didn't place top 8 until H3, yet players like Chig and Heinz have only been "pro" since H3 even though they competed in H2. Idk. Probably not a big deal at all to anyone else but it just kinda bugs me as it needs to be consistent with whatever criteria they deem makes someone "pro".

4. If winner's, loser's, and grand finals are still only 3 out of 5, I'm gonna break something. Needs to be 4 out of 7 at the very LEAST. Preferably 5 out of 9.

Can anyone direct me to an updated bracket?  Was only able to catch the Noble Black/Vibe series before I had to go.

1. 4-player splitscreen is sick, especially when paired with the listen-ins. More please.

2. Why do they care so much about the player on the inside seat placing his controller on the table? I can tell that's annoying people. The look on Contra's and Heinz's face when they turned around after that dude was tapping them on the shoulder was pretty hilarious.

3. The "pro player since" graphic is wildly inconsistent. Either needs to be based off of first top 8 placing, or first major event ever attended. There seems to be no real rhyme or reason to it. Somehow Contra has been "pro" since H2 even though he didn't place top 8 until H3, yet players like Chig and Heinz have only been "pro" since H3 even though they competed in H2. Idk. Probably not a big deal at all to anyone else but it just kinda bugs me as it needs to be consistent with whatever criteria they deem makes someone "pro".

4. If winner's, loser's, and grand finals are still only 3 out of 5, I'm gonna break something. Needs to be 4 out of 7 at the very LEAST. Preferably 5 out of 9.

contra placed top 8 in h3? (Srs question) and I'm pretty sure Heinz was pro in H2 as well. Idk for sure though.

2. My guess is that's always the player showing the game stats for the broadcaster and they don't want the player causing any interruptions. 

Suddoth 2

Pro since halo -0.1

Best placing: -1th at the bad kids local gamestop tourney

Twitter: @HALOPRO_Sudd2

Fun Fact: Loves warheads

I'm pretty sure Heinz was pro in H2 as well. Idk for sure though.

He wasn't

Suddoth 2

Pro since halo -0.1

Best placing: -1th at the bad kids local gamestop tourney

Twitter: @HALOPRO_Sudd2

Fun Fact: Loves warheads

He wasn't

not even in FFA? lol idk why I'm under that impression, thanks though babe.

I loveeee the listen ins though, 4 player split is so fresh.

not even in FFA? lol idk why I'm under that impression, thanks though babe.

I loveeee the listen ins though, 4 player split is so fresh.

Nah

I think he placed like 12th or something in FFA once or twice

He was an online pro tho in h2, so was ola and snipedown, people knew about them but they were all so young and unproven

APG has h2 FFA placings too

contra placed top 8 in h3? (Srs question) and I'm pretty sure Heinz was pro in H2 as well. Idk for sure though.

Dallas '09. 7th place. Teamed with APG (along with Batmayne and Twilight).

• Downvote (-1) 1

My only complaint about this event thus far is that there's hasn't been a firm schedule advertised anywhere. I've seen when the broadcast starts each day, but I have no idea how many matches are being shown or what rounds are broadcasted at what times so I can't schedule my obligations this weekend around the event.

But with everything running smoothly and with a good production level, I'm pretty happy with what we've seen out of PAX so far. It's been a blast to watch and this is the type of shit we needed to see when the game came out.

I fully expect this to be a troll

I fully expect this to be a troll

Sounds like it lol. That's what it says on the "Halo Esportspedia" page or whatever but I wouldn't be surprised if it was wrong.

damn! That makes me feel better lol That little fuck used to talk hella shit to me online. Good shit to you and Moses for dropping the fact bombs on me haha I've been in and outta the scene for too long.

Ohhhh nevermind I see you're talking about Talent lol Not Lil TalenT

Thats a different Talent who was on Uti

Thats a different Talent who was on Uti

I assumed it was correct since Contra/Lil Talent has been around since H2 and I actually remember playing against him online back in the day, but I'll take your word for it. Someone needs fix all of the mistakes on that site.

I assumed it was correct since Contra/Lil Talent has been around since H2 and I actually remember playing against him online back in the day, but I'll take your word for it. Someone needs fix all of the mistakes on that site.

yeah nah I LANd with Talent at locals in VA, diff dude. And he put out some badass h2 tages.

yeah nah I LANd with Talent at locals in VA, diff dude. And he put out some badass h2 tages.

Gotcha.

So what was Contra's ACTUAL first tournament?

Gotcha.

So what was Contra's ACTUAL first tournament?

I'd guess H3 but I do remember watching this in person:

No idea how to embed on mobile or whatev