CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@TiberiusAudley TCM didn't lose to Purple Rain lol, there was no conso, but yeah Lethul was almost right, they lost 2-1 to Str8 and 2-0 to VwS. It's bo5 for this event though (as far as I'm aware), so hopefully the series will be less random! 

In terms of Vibe and how they've been practising, well...

Before Battle of Europe they hadn't really been practising much at all; yes there had been 2/3 online tournaments a week but Vibe were usually only entering one, and sometimes with a sub, so they were quite overlooked at the event, even though they came in to it very confidently. Me and others were all predicting an Epsilon vs. TCM final, but Vibe surprised a lot of people by winning it.

I'm sceptical on how they'll perform in America, I honestly have no clue what the series vs. Noble will be like, but I think it will be close.

One thing I will say is that Rami was dropped from TCM due to his performance overseas. Riotz and Foxy were not confident in his ability versus the top American teams and so picked up someone who they thought would be more capable, but after Chalkie left the team they lost a lot of firepower, and I honestly believe Chalkie is a big part of Vibe's success at the event, him and Rami were playing extremely well, not to take anything from Septic or BlackJack. If Chalkie comes into the event hot and makes some big plays Vibe could go far, and I am confident that they could upset some teams if they're not careful.

Who's on the current vibe roster?

How exactly did the UGC St. Louis placings go down? Was 9-16 all the same threshold? I know they got the same prize money/points but were they all eliminated in the same round or?

It won't be close, but it'd be nice if it is.

Seriously. Vibe is getting SOO overrated. EU Halo is like 12 steps behind American Halo.

I'm not being ignorant or anything but you all will see. Vibe won't take a game from Noble.

edit: This post doesn't look good with my avi  :bravo:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hmm, I never like to simply assume higher seeds win, but for conversation's sake, if Noble Black were to beat Vibe and then lose to EG, Noble Black will be playing either Cloud9 or Optic just for top 6. I would love to see that potential matchup, especially seeing how it looks as if one of Noble Black, Cloud9 or Optic will be going home with a top 8 finish. 

P.S. Safe travels to everyone flying into Boston tomorrow.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hmm, I never like to simply assume higher seeds win, but for conversation's sake, if Noble Black were to beat Vibe and then lose to EG, Noble Black will be playing either Cloud9 or Optic just for top 6. I would love to see that potential matchup, especially seeing how it looks as if one of Noble Black, Cloud9 or Optic will be going home with a top 8 finish. 

P.S. Safe travels to everyone flying into Boston tomorrow.  :lxthul:

Won't be us.

Won't be us.

Comments like these put way too much pressure on you guys...don't guarantee anything. Just my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Comments like these put way too much pressure on you guys...don't guarantee anything. Just my opinion.

I know, you know how I usually am. Relatively humble and never expect anything, I just think I've sat back, been humble, and without expectations for too long. I'm way too hungry to put my words any other way other than screw everyone else. However, you're completely right.

I am mainly just stirring the pot :P anything can happen....

I know, you know how I usually am. Relatively humble and never expect anything, I just think I've sat back, been humble, and without expectations for too long. I'm way too hungry to put my words any other way other than screw everyone else. However, you're completely right.

I am mainly just stirring the pot :P anything can happen....

trying to hype brad up, he needs it

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll be at PAX but only on Friday since 3 day passes sell out so fast you can barely say what it is before they are gone. Anybody from here who will be there feel free to let me know. I'm always down to meet new people and talk about dew and dank memes. 

This thread is very environmentally friendly with all the green posts.

I like it.

This thread is very environmentally friendly with all the green posts.

I like it.

I was just going to post that, its nice to see green names actively post here now. However after this weekend now what?

EG CLG Optic Top 3 based on bracket.

APG to get Chalkie'd on and lose his girl.

Still more enjoyable than getting Reality Checked  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'll be at PAX but only on Friday since 3 day passes sell out so fast you can barely say what it is before they are gone. Anybody from here who will be there feel free to let me know. I'm always down to meet new people and talk about dew and dank memes. 

Look on ebay or something? I was able to get a 3 day for face, no problem man! Come and find me btw aha

Should check at the door on Sat/Sun.  At least ask a Scalper what their price is.

Is ESL really not selling Halo specific spectator passes? I'm sure there's probably something against it with being at PAX, but it still sucks.

Has any information about the Season 1 Finals schedule been released? Is this going to be Friday-Sunday or Saturday-Sunday?

Has any information about the Season 1 Finals schedule been released? Is this going to be Friday-Sunday or Saturday-Sunday?

Friday to sunday, every day starts at 10am and the last series starts at 7:30. Grand finals start at 5:30 on sunday

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is ESL really not selling Halo specific spectator passes? I'm sure there's probably something against it with being at PAX, but it still sucks.

This is exactly the issue. Halo is on the main event floor not in a side room or theater, and everyone would need PAX passes in order to attend.

Friday to sunday, every day starts at 10am and the last series starts at 7:30. Grand finals start at 5:30 on sunday

How does this work? There's significantly less games to be played than at a regular LAN event. Is there gonna be like 2 hour waits between matches? Even with best of 5's throughout, this seems dragged out >.>

• Upvote (+1) 1