CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ryanoob develops a filthy little ego in all the halo games with the small shooting skill gaps. :3 

He can shoot well, but that's it. The guy isn't very smart.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I dunno I feel it's the opposite way around but eh. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Slightly awkward? It was literally the most awkward thing I'd ever seen, almost had to turn the stream off.

Honestly, it wasn't that bad. I mean yeah if you expect every pro to have the charisma of Walshy or Snipedown maybe.

Ryan is one of the smartest Halo players to ever play the game and Denial's success completely relies on him to complete his gambles that he does. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Remember when the Halo community basically ran Crimsix out of town because of one slightly awkward Julie Alexandria interview?

Now he's one of the biggest names in COD. Funny how that works.

I don't usually call out dumb posts, but this is the most bs post I've seen in sometime.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dunno I feel it's the opposite way around but eh.

I agree with you. He's smart, but his shot isn't spectacular. I feel it's actually gotten worse, he had a good shot in H3, pretty good shot in Reach, and in this it seems pretty average.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Ryan is one of the smartest Halo players to ever play the game and Denial's success completely relies on him to complete his gambles that he does. 

No. Definitely not. Otherwise he would excel better at the other Halo games that require more thought than linear playstyles.

No. Definitely not. Otherwise he would excel better at the other Halo games that require more thought than linear playstyles.

So what Halo games are we talking about then...? 

I don't usually call out dumb posts, but this is the most bs post I've seen in sometime.

I'm not saying he quit Halo because he got bullied or anything like that, just that it's interesting to compare the reception he's gotten from both respective communities. He had like, Suddoth-level dislike on the MLG forums back in the day.

I'm not saying he quit Halo because he got bullied or anything like that, just that it's interesting to compare the reception he's gotten from both respective communities. He had like, Suddoth-level dislike on the MLG forums back in the day.

I really don't remember Crimsix getting insane hate on the MLG forums, even if he did get any serious heat that's nothing compared to what he got on CompLexity/EG when they beat OpTic if you want to compare it to anything. I don't think I've actually heard of any pros leaving the scene because of fan comments too.

Even so, he was really talented in CoD before Halo and saw potential there and took it and it worked out beautifully for him when he came to BO2. I don't think anyone actually faults him for switching back.

I think CrimSix was also on a top Titanfall team? I remember watching them play the top Shadowrun squad on gamebattles. I think they won but Majin was just getting insane clips on him

Noble Black vs Vibe will either be a 3-0 or a 3-2 in Noble Black's favor depending on how much I'm underestimating Vibe.

WR1

EG 3-0 Noble Black

CLG 3-0 eLevate

Denial 3-1 Str8

OpTic 3-0 C9

WR2

EG 3-1 OpTic

CLG 3-2 Denial

LR1

eLevate 3-1 or 3-2 Str8

C9 3-1 Noble Black

WBF

EG 3-2 CLG

LR2

OpTic 3-1 eLevate

Denial 3-0 C9

LR3

Denial 3-2 OpTic

LBF

CLG 3-0 Denial

GF

CLG 3-2 EG

GF+1

CLG 3-1 EG

CLG will win season 1.  I'll be writing an Audley Enough blog with a full in-depth explanation soon.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1. CLG - CLG, Denial, EG, now it's CLG's turn? Seriously, the coin flips are crazy. And whoever is the hottest team this weekend will win it all. Past success does not equate to future success on that alone. I feel the consistency seen from CLG all season on LAN is making me lean towards them (also the bias but >.>)

2. EG - They have been without question the best team the last month. But, none of that matters now. Every team will come out swinging, and even with CLG taking 1st, EG is no doubt in my mind making the finals.

3. Optic - A team on the rise. They keep getting better and better, and I think they continue to do so. But, still not good enough to make the top 2. 

4. Denial - A fluke showing at G4G? Perhaps. Perhaps it was the previous LAN that was the fluke. Hard to tell which Denial team were going to see. I think we'll see them fall right in between the good and bad Denial team. 4th place.

5. Vibe - Hard to judge since we haven't seen them play any of these teams. A lot people having them drop to NB or early, but I feel the best of Europe will prove they're better than that. Finishing 5th place.

6. Cloud 9 - A pretty good showing at G4G, but hard to see them doing better than what they did there. They were on top of their game taking out Denial and nearly CLG. But, they are very streaky. So I see them finishing 6th.

7. Elevate - Consistently 7/8th all season. A good team, but not a GREAT team. Haven't seen them move up or down all season. I expect more of the same.

8. Str8 Rippin - The opposite of an Optic team, they are on the decline. Starting great and slowing down more every event. There are arguments about whether this team should even be in the finals with the rule change mid-season to save them. But, a week or 2 of practice with a new squad will not be enough for this team. 8th place.

9. Noble Black - Unfortunate to face Vibe. Because I feel NB is better than Str8, Elevate, and C9. But, the wild cardness of Vibe sends them to the 9th seed. NB was great online, but their only appearance on LAN they got 3-0'd by CLG and then Reality Checked. That speaks volumes. Vibe is riding a high of winning EGL and NB on a low after G4G. I have NB placing 9th.

2. EG - They have been without question the best team the last month. But, none of that matters now.

wut

7. Elevate - Consistently 7/8th all season. A good team, but not a GREAT team. Haven't seen them move up or down all season. I expect more of the same.

eLevate didn't play at IG Columbus, finished 7th at UGC St. Louis, and 6th at GFG.  How is that consistently 7-8th?

HCS Cup Placings:

1- Ro16,

2- Ro16,

3- 4th,  (Granted, this one was a fluke because of Snipedown's internet, but the series WAS tied 1-1 to get it there in the first place.)

4- 5/6th,

5- Ro16,

6- 5/6th,

7- 5/6th.

I just don't see eLevate having what it takes to beat any of the big 5 teams, and I think a Str8 Rippin or Noble Black with some practice takes them too.

Seeding Match:

NB 3-1 Vibe

WB1:

EG 3-0 NB

OpTic 3-2 C9

Den 3-0 Str8

CLG 3-0 eLv

LB1:

C9 3-2 NB

Str8 3-2 eLv

WB2:

EG 3-1 OpTic

CLG 3-0 Den

LB2:

Den 3-1 C9

OpTic 3-0 Str8

LB3:

OpTic 3-2 Den

WB3:

EG 3-1 CLG

LB4:

CLG 3-2 OpTic

GF:

EG 3-2 CLG

1. EG

2. CLG

3. OpTic

4. Denial

5. C9

6. Str8

7. NB

8. eLv

9. Vibe

eLevate didn't play at IG Columbus, finished 7th at UGC St. Louis, and 6th at GFG.  How is that consistently 7-8th?

HCS Cup Placings:

1- Ro16,

2- Ro16,

3- 4th,  (Granted, this one was a fluke because of Snipedown's internet, but the series WAS tied 1-1 to get it there in the first place.)

4- 5/6th,

5- Ro16,

6- 5/6th,

7- 5/6th.

I meant ranked in HCS. There hasn't been really any movement from them.

wut

"Past success does not equate to future success on that alone."

Just because they've been hot, doesn't guarantee they will stay that way.

I meant ranked in HCS. There hasn't been really any movement from them.

Because the 6 teams above them all had points from 3 LANs while they had points from 2 LANs.  And since LANs gave massively more points than online cups...

Because the 6 teams above them all had points from 3 LANs while they had points from 2 LANs.  And since LANs gave massively more points than online cups...

Exactly my point. They couldn't move up because they weren't good enough to top the teams above them in order to get the points they need. So, more of the same I expect this weekend. Why are you riding me so hard?  :wutface:

• Downvote (-1) 1

I just don't see eLevate having what it takes to beat any of the big 5 teams, and I think a Str8 Rippin or Noble Black with some practice takes them too.

Seeding Match:

NB 3-1 Vibe

WB1:

EG 3-0 NB

OpTic 3-2 C9

Den 3-0 Str8

CLG 3-0 eLv

LB1:

C9 3-2 NB

Str8 3-2 eLv

WB2:

EG 3-1 OpTic

CLG 3-0 Den

LB2:

Den 3-1 C9

OpTic 3-0 Str8

LB3:

OpTic 3-2 Den

WB3:

EG 3-1 CLG

LB4:

CLG 3-2 OpTic

GF:

EG 3-2 CLG

1. EG

2. CLG

3. OpTic

4. Denial

5. C9

6. Str8

7. NB

8. eLv

9. Vibe

I would say your predictions are probably the standard model.....although I would like to say otherwise I would put good odds that this model will hold true.

What?

Ryanoob is the complete opposite to what you said. His shot is good, obviously, he's a pro. But there is a reason Lxthul calls him Ryanerd. He's a nerd, he learns nerd nades, makes nerd plays. Basically his whole play style is based off him learning the game and out smarting his opponents 

• Upvote (+1) 4

eLevate wouldn't have broken the top 16 in MLG.

Severance finished Top 6 at the most recent MLG Halo event.  Gabriel and Munoz were both on that roster.

Prior to that, Gabriel/Shaffer were consistently Top 16 team in MLG Reach.  So that's also inaccurate.

Exactly my point. They couldn't move up because they weren't good enough to top the teams above them in order to get the points they need. So, more of the same I expect this weekend. Why are you riding me so hard?  :wutface:

Because you're being outright ignorant -- saying they were consistently 7-8 when they've more consistently placed 5-6, but due to AN ENTIRE EVENT'S WORTH LESS points, they don't have a 5-6 seed.

I can let having questionable opinions slide, but when you're misrepresenting facts to support your claims someone needs to step in and correct you. ;)

• Upvote (+1) 3