CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I could understand their patience if the league was growing. But it has been steadily declining in both player base and viewer base. 

I mean, I can't believe someone has to actually tell you this, figured it was blatantly obvious, but most of these sponsors are on board for Halo 5 in the future, hence why they won't drop out till they see how Halo 5 does. Halo 5 was the real goal for the sponsors, if they could build up their brand within Halo before then, it was just going to be a nice head start/bonus. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yep, it's all going to come down to Halo 5, and the noose around it is very tight... Should be very interesting to see how this plays out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My Predictions:

1.) Denial eSports - I really feel like Denial is going to prove this event that their one win wasn't just a fluke and they can beat any team.

2.) Evil Geniuses - Probably the best looking team in HCS, and I think these guys and Denial will take it to a Game 11 in the Finals

3.) Optic Halo - With the addition of Contra I really feel like these guys are a top 4 team and been looking solid in the past HCS tournaments.

4.) Cloud 9 - Communication is the problem with C9, but if they can work together and get fired up they can win the tournament. Just don't see if happening at the finals. 

5.) Counter Logic Gaming - Great squad, but not a winning one. They proved to be really inconsistent at tournaments and don't expect much for them at the finals

6.) eLevate - Probably the underdogs coming into the finals. I think no team should look over these guys and I expect some upsets!

7.) Team Vibe - The EU Champions after winning the EU HCS! Really talented squad. Expect them to do good and get experience from this event.

8.) Str8 Rippin - Probably the weakest team coming into the finals. Lack of teamwork, and game time as a team is their downfall. Don't expect much.

9.) Noble Black - Not a strong squad, but they are veteran players. So something could happen #StayNoble

These are my prediction for this tournament. Sue me :halo:

Edited: Since Str8 Rippin sadly can't get last. They will get 8th.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it is time that 343 start some serious promoting for this tournament. It is not on the front page on Waypoint and the last HCS-tweet on @Halo (with 520 000 followers) is dated feb 23. They have it on the header but most people follow twitter from their mobile phone and the header is not visible in the feed. Why spend so much cash and then not promoting it correctly? They don´t have to buy prime time TV-commercials but they should at least use Waypoint and all the twitter accounts.

There's only 8 teams going? and the article only covered top 4 predictions?

My Predictions:

1.) Denial eSports - I really feel like Denial is going to prove this event that their one win wasn't just a fluke and they can beat any team.

2.) Evil Geniuses - Probably the best looking team in HCS, and I think these guys and Denial will take it to a Game 11 in the Finals

3.) Optic Halo - With the addition of Contra I really feel like these guys are a top 4 team and been looking solid in the past HCS tournaments.

4.) Cloud 9 - Communication is the problem with C9, but if they can work together and get fired up they can win the tournament. Just don't see if happening at the finals. 

5.) Counter Logic Gaming - Great squad, but not a winning one. They proved to be really inconsistent at tournaments and don't expect much for them at the finals

6.) eLevate - Probably the underdogs coming into the finals. I think no team should look over these guys and I expect some upsets!

7.) Team Vibe - The EU Champions after winning the EU HCS! Really talented squad. Expect them to do good and get experience from this event.

8.) Noble Black - Not a strong squad, but they are veteran players. So something could happen #StayNoble

9.) Str8 Ripping - Probably the weakest team coming into the finals. Lack of teamwork, and game time as a team is their downfall. Don't expect much.

These are my prediction for this tournament. Sue me :halo:

I can already tell you your prediction is wrong because Str8 cannot place outside the top 8.

Is there a losers bracket for champs?

Yes

There's only 8 teams going? and the article only covered top 4 predictions?

1. Evil Genius

2. Cloud 9

3. CLG

4. Denial

5. Optic

6. Elevate

7. Str8 Rippin'

8. Noble

9. Vibe

Cloud 9 will finally stop choking game 5s, but EG will still be unstoppable.

My Predictions:

1st. EG: They are ahead of everyone right now. I don't really even need to talk about their excellence. Would not be surprised if they don't drop a game. 

2nd. CLG: Pretty safe pick. Royal 2 and Snakebite can kill everything. Heinz brings the essential "dirtywork" role to the team. And then they have that seasoned veteran guy Ogre 2. 

3rd. C9: First big shocker pick, but I can see it happening. This team basically depends on Ninja. I say that because you know exactly what you are going to get out of Fear, Victory, and Hysteria. All 3 of these players play nearly flawless Halo everytime they play and have been vastly underrated every season they've played. If Ninja performs at their level (note: smarts level), they will exceed everyone's expectations of them.

4th. Optic: Contra has been a great player since Halo 2, everyone keeps saying he's a newcomer but realistically he's been around longer than most. Very balanced team that plays the team game well. 

5th. Denial: Man, talk about a prediction that hurts. I don't know why they have been doing as poorly as they have been doing. Seems like there's fighting within the team if you watch their stream, but this team has top 2 potential every event as long as they are on the same page... if they are fighting, they are a top 6 team.

6th. eLevate: My former coached team is one of the biggest question mark teams at the tournament. By far the "freshest face" team on the circuit, they can definitely upset a team. When they get rolling, they roll.

7th. Noble: Nothing against them, but they are kinda screwed. Facing EG first series is pretty much a guaranteed loss, and then they have to face the losers between C9 and Optic. No fun.

8th. Str8: I don't think Halo is their top priority right now, but at least they get to go to the event for free and get guaranteed prize money.

I can already tell you your prediction is wrong because Str8 cannot place outside the top 8.

Remember when Str8 Rippin got Top 8 at Gamers 4 Giving? Yeah, neither do I.

Also they could. Someone will not show up.

The way the tournament is structured, they literally cannot place 9th.

The clueless is strong with this one. Might want to go check a bracket before you make literally impossible predictions. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

First round predictions: 

Vibe surprises everyone and takes out Noble Black, only to lose to EG.

Denial wins a closer than expected series against Str8 Rippin.

CLG beats Elevate 3-1.

Optic eeks out Cloud 9, 3-2.

Maybe it's just I don't think Str8 Rippin deserves to be in the finals at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 9

1st , 2nd and 2nd in the LAN events is inconsistent? wut ?

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Then he has Denial winning it all who is arguably the actual most inconsistent team. 12th, 1st, 5th
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Then he has Denial winning it all who is arguably the actual most inconsistent team. 12th, 1st, 5th

To be fair, Denial's 12th place finish was with Clutch instead of Chig.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be fair, Denial's 12th place finish was with Clutch instead of Chig.

Perhaps, but his main point was calling CLG " inconsistent" when they haven't placed out of the top 2 in LAN events throughout the season.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did people forget about GFG already or was that just a fluke?

???? Str8 is #7th seed out of only 8 - they literally can't place outside top 8. #9 will be the loser of Vibe vs. Noble Black. 

1: Cloud 9

2/3: Evil Genius

3/2: CLG

4: Denial

5: Optic

6: Elevate

7: Vibe

8: Str8

9: Noble black

BELIEVE #C9

I am hitting the nerve of every Str8 and CLG fan right now. My opinions are my opinions.

tumblr_mpbpetIgpf1rcj6axo1_500.gif

• Downvote (-1) 10

@@FLuFFy I think ppl are just mad that your comments are uninformed and/or false.

I mean keep your CLG prediction but placing 1st, 2nd, 2nd isn't really the definition of inconsistent.

• Upvote (+1) 4

1. EG - Best team hands down, can't stop a train when its going full speed and on fire.

2. CLG - Top 2 Finishes all season at Lan events, no doubt will show up at Finals.

3. Optic - With Contra added they look stronger and will get stronger leading up to the Finals.

4. Denial - Strong start but other teams are getting better, they are strong but will not beat the other top 3.

5. Elevate - Surprise Surprise...They will fight for a top 5 spot and do so with a strong losers bracket push.

6. C9 - They will ultimately fail, the most inconsistent team with the most talent. Not enough to set them up for a grand finish.

7. Noble Black - Talent will beat the EU wildcard, but after that they don't have much to beat any other team.

8. Str8 - Its crazy to say, but they don't belong here. Good luck and wish them the best, but they are not the best 8 possible.

9. Vibe - Congrats on the win, but I saw their play they are an AM team in US, very good, but won't be able to beat Noble Black.

PS. MVP SNIPEDOWN

Within 24 hrs after event, Ninja gets dropped

Noble gets twittered by Sudds entire event

and because of the very bad promoting CoD out views us 10 to 1, I'm guessing around 5-6k viewers for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They get their money from sponsors, and an event with a max concurrent viewer base of 10k makes no money. I'm honestly surprised CLG and Cloud 9 stuck around as long as they have, they have to be losing money at this point. 

7K in the finals, but yes I'll won't be surprised if certain organizations leave after season 1. However, Since CLG, Denial and EG have won events, they will probably stick around. The real question/concern is whats next after this weekend? The next event in late April and looks lie UGC is done with Halo until H5. This only leaves IG events and 343 to host their season finals.