CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's so funny when the Sudds talk shit.

It is always no filter completely reckless. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It is always no filter completely reckless. 

You gave me my very first liked post. My cherry has been popped.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So do the sudds get promoted to the green name text on the site now?

Well... RC isn't qualifying for the Season Finals. So i'd say no.  :bman:

This was by far the best Halo tournament in years. Somewhat shaky on Saturday but more or less great on Sunday (except some hardware problems that no one could predict). Great video and audio quality, listen-in, interviews, good casters, great and updated graphics, short breaks, and of course...some awesome Halo gameplay. H2A is fun to watch and with 2-3 more maps it would have been great.

Still, there are always some room for improvements and problems to adress.

• Better entertainment between the games. There are tons of great videos to choose from, so I wonder why they broadcast so much non competitive videos?
  • There should be far more advertisement from 343 and Xbox Live. 
  • On average this awesome Halo tournament had more or less the same numbers of viewers as Halo 4 AGL8. That is a serious problem. HCS must be the most generous series in the history of gaming considering the "amount of dollar spent" / "number of viewers". Where are all the Halo fans and why have they stopped following Halo esport? Is it only a result of the MCC not working? Or is it boring to watch only three maps? We now have great Halo gameplay with many of the legends and more or less no one is watching. I seriously want 343 to officially adress this problem and do something about it. 

The Twitch chat is a clusterfuck of ebola, aids and cancer. I hate it. It is also sad to watch a place that would have been a great place for communication and talk about gameplay being transformed to a mental institution.

So instead I follow the official HCS thread on Beyond under the games but being a forum-thread it can't deliver the same level of communication as a chat. Therefore I think it would be a great idea if Beyond had a chat open under the tournaments where normal people could discuss and comment the gameplay in real-time. I mean, It would have been awesome to have the Twitch stream and instead of the Twitch chat I have a window with the Beyond chat where I can communicate with fellow Beyond members and their thoughts about the gameplay. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've come to expect Str8 to disappoint, so they certainly lived up to expectations.

EG has looked so good lately, it's hard to anyone else winning the finals at this point.

I went to London this weekend to spectate the EGL event, and it was by far the best event I've ever been to.

This is the first time I've been to an event purely to spectate, and although I would have loved to compete in it, just watching the players was an epic experience. 

The production team did an excellent job with the stream, the graphics looked amazing and the stream ran perfectly! Simms, Wonderboy, Strongside, and of course Miles Ross, all did a fantastic job with the casting. They all brought great humour and charisma to the role, none more so than Miles who managed to keep me entertained during the slowest of Lockdown TS matches!

The matches themselves were all very tense and exiting, with Chalkie once again showing how dominant his sniper in comparitive with the rest of Europe. I thought Vibe were well deserved winners, although I also think Epsilon or TCM could have won it on another day. DZS fought valiantly, but were no match for the UK teams who all sweeped them 3-0, despite a close 5-4 against Epsilon and a rematch on Lockdown TS after a tied game vs TCM!

I am thoroughly looking forward to watching Vibe in the Season 1 Finals, and my expectations have only risen for their first match-up vs. Noble.Black after hearing of their embarrassing defeat to Reality Check. 

Unfortunately I did miss most of the G4G matches, but I did manage to catch the Loser's finals and Grand finals, which were both very entertaining and once again showed how EG and CLG are on another level to the rest of the competition. I'm already predicting the Season 1 Finals to be between those 2 again, and I can't wait for another mighty showdown!

• Upvote (+1) 7

I went to London this weekend to spectate the EGL event, and it was by far the best event I've ever been to.

This is the first time I've been to an event purely to spectate, and although I would have loved to compete in it, just watching the players was an epic experience.

The production team did an excellent job with the stream, the graphics looked amazing and the stream ran perfectly! Simms, Wonderboy, Strongside, and of course Miles Ross, all did a fantastic job with the casting. They all brought great humour and charisma to the role, none more so than Miles who managed to keep me entertained during the slowest of Lockdown TS matches!

The matches themselves were all very tense and exiting, with Chalkie once again showing how dominant his sniper in comparitive with the rest of Europe. I thought Vibe were well deserved winners, although I also think Epsilon or TCM could have won it on another day. DZS fought valiantly, but were no match for the UK teams who all sweeped them 3-0, despite a close 5-4 against Epsilon and a rematch on Lockdown TS after a tied game vs TCM!

I am thoroughly looking forward to watching Vibe in the Season 1 Finals, and my expectations have only risen for their first match-up vs. Noble.Black after hearing of their embarrassing defeat to Reality Check.

Unfortunately I did miss most of the G4G matches, but I did manage to catch the Loser's finals and Grand finals, which were both very entertaining and once again showed how EG and CLG are on another level to the rest of the competition. I'm already predicting the Season 1 Finals to be between those 2 again, and I can't wait for another mighty showdown!

I tuned in to EGL for a bit... They were talking about a grueling 45 minute match on Lockdown... What happened; did you say it ended in a tie?

I tuned in to EGL for a bit... They were talking about a grueling 45 minute match on Lockdown... What happened; did you say it ended in a tie?

They tied 2 games in a row in the Epsilon vs Vibe series, which meant they played Lockdown TS for 45 minutes. They also tied in the TCM vs DZS series, and Vibe beat TCM 26-25 in the finals (thank God).

European players play TS Lockdown so slow, it's just ridiculous 

It's so funny when the Sudds talk shit.

Whats even funnier is that the whole time they had to stand on their tippy toes to do so. 

Hard to believe these guys are in their mid 20's.  wow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Great Stream from the European Tournamet! But I am really disapposinted in all the hate that was going on in the chat from Amercian viewers. 

Great Stream from the European Tournamet! But I am really disapposinted in all the hate that was going on in the chat from Amercian viewers. 

Just mute the chat. The chat has always been full of trolls and always will be. There are far more US players so you're always going to be outnumbered, no point even trying. 

First, congrats to Gamers for Giving and the Halo community for surpassing their $25K goal, raising over $38K was amazing!

Second, congrats to EG for the win as well as the rest of the final 8 for providing a super competitive weekend of Halo.  It was great to watch.

Third, the boost up/nerd spot that Velocity unveiled on Sanc. was amazing.

Good luck to everyone at PAX!

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I was in Noble Black after losing to the Sudds all I would have said was "See you at PAX....oh wait..."

Noble Black almost didn't make it (from what I heard), that's why nothing was said...plus they just lost.

First, congrats to Gamers for Giving and the Halo community for surpassing their $25K goal, raising over $38K was amazing!

Second, congrats to EG for the win as well as the rest of the final 8 for providing a super competitive weekend of Halo.  It was great to watch.

Third, the boost up/nerd spot that Velocity unveiled on Sanc. was amazing.

Good luck to everyone at PAX!

What was the boost spot?

TCM did one at EGL from blue shotgun court to this weird ledge on the side of red car, you could see most of Ring 3 from there