CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I would personally rather see battle creek than midship if given the option, watched too much midship/midship esque maps for the past few years, not saying it's a bad map but would like a change. And everytime I've seen battle creek. e.g. Reach v7 it's been pretty amazing. I know it's pretty biased opinion, but still a nice fresh map.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The guy has a kid now and is all the way in Australia, I really doubt hes going to compete, especially since all the competition is in NA.

He said he would love to compete again but the money is tight and he needs it for his daughter so I doubt he would get back Into halo.

I fully expect to see a Battle Creek and Midship Forge remakes in rotation sometime soon

I wouldn't hate that. 

I would personally rather see battle creek than midship if given the option, watched too much midship/midship esque maps for the past few years, not saying it's a bad map but would like a change. And everytime I've seen battle creek. e.g. Reach v7 it's been pretty amazing. I know it's pretty biased opinion, but still a nice fresh map.

Why not both? Seriously, we could use a few more maps, not just 1.

I wouldn't hate that. 

Why not both? Seriously, we could use a few more maps, not just 1.

And they're more likely to redo old Halo 2 maps to fit the theme of Anniversary and their goal of attracting old and new Halo fans to the competitive scene. They're less likely to introduce new maps if their goal is to attract a new audience because it's easier to attract an audience with something they're familiar with. 

And they're more likely to redo old Halo 2 maps to fit the theme of Anniversary and their goal of attracting old and new Halo fans to the competitive scene. They're less likely to introduce new maps if their goal is to attract a new audience because it's easier to attract an audience with something they're familiar with. 

I know, but at the end of the day it really doesn't matter. People are gonna watch/not watch regardless of a map. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I know, but at the end of the day it really doesn't matter. People are gonna watch/not watch regardless of a map. 

That's very true, but you can attract people to a greater extent if they offhandedly check out a stream or something and notice pro players playing on their favorite map. It's just a little thing.

Rumor is that the Agency will be sponsored by Curse.

I really hope these sponsors don't force their names upon the teams. I'd hate to see Halo become full of Org names. Team Names gives each team a personality, and that adds to the fun of the scene. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope these sponsors don't force their names upon the teams. I'd hate to see Halo become full of Org names. Team Names gives each team a personality, and that adds to the fun of the scene. 

I agree, but I'm sure they will go with the Org name.

Personally I like most Org names... Might be cool if the orgs go the way of Fnatic when they sponsored Classic. Fnatic.Classic, EG.Instinct, Curse.Agency, CLG.Final Boss, etc.  

I very much doubt it will be that way, though. It will suck losing some of the OG names, but that is just the direction the competitive gaming stuff is heading in. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they payoff for having big sponsors is having to use their name I'm ok with that. It'll keep players motivated to attend events and practice and it should slow down a lot of the quick team changes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Don't forget, some names are owned by MLG I believe (at least Final Boss from the sounds of it). So it may be better for them to use orgs to avoid future issues.

----

Can't wait for the potential roster news coming :chiefdancing:

• Upvote (+1) 2

And that Snipe tweet came right after him tweeting a pic of the on screen message of him following the str8 twitch channel.

Lets hope for his sake he isn't joining T2. That team will be depressingly mediocre.

• Downvote (-1) 1

As awesome as original team names are, especially Halo's history of them. What would you rather have, cool team names that do nothing for the team other than show who they are, or big orgs who help the players grow thus helping Halo grow?

Some food for thought.

This is exactly it.

People need to think of the exposure these companies produce as well. Denial has nearly 25 thousands followers on twitter, Counter Logic has over 140 thousand and that's just from the companies themselves. If you involve the players (across all titles) the companies sponsor you're reaching even more. One tweet about a Halo event reaches massive amounts of people. That's something Halo needs.

• Upvote (+1) 2

• Weapons on Map: Default

I love this. No more removing all the weapons till it's just br, snipe, rockets, powerups. We are essentially playing the same H2A as the casual players, just with BR starts and radar off.

salute 343

https://twitter.com/ryanmeanss/status/535311171998343168

Destin and Tizoxic to2! Dynasty is back!

nice....i loved watching Tiz slay the fuck out of teams...one of the best snipers to ever play competitive halo..

• Upvote (+1) 2

As awesome as original team names are, especially Halo's history of them. What would you rather have, cool team names that do nothing for the team other than show who they are, or big orgs who help the players grow thus helping Halo grow?

Some food for thought.

Translation: Everything is free if we use the org name

:ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 7

Using only 3 maps lol c'mon 343.

The game just came out. The Forge maps are being made and obviously when they're finally done, we'll all be talking about what needs to be added.

• Upvote (+1) 2

finally, out of the freaking box maps and settings and weapons....finally...

• Upvote (+1) 5

Tizoxic was easily one of the most impressive players I've ever watched on LAN. Up there with Pistola and Strongside. He just never really had the consistent team to keep him winning events in my eyes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The out of the box weapons thing is going to be weird now that we haven't seen it this way in like 8 years. No one's still going to be picking up the Needler or the SMG, but ARs and shotty will see time. I am still surprised they didn't raise movement speed being that H2A feels so slow and that's the one thing that most people are in agreement about.

I still think one minute Hills should have been changed.

I'm on the fence about Touch return I have to see it played more

Bravo Tweeted that Lockout abd Warlock ball are still being tested. I hope they make it

Had no idea tizoxic would return. Thought he had a kid. Great player and I wouldn't be surprised to see clutch join tiz and destin.