CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wait so HCS league spots are invite only? Or are these just confirmed teams, I though the whole point was was that anyone could compete in these.. just wondering.

Anyone can but you need to rack up enough points from online events and other LAN events (UGC, IG etc) to get an invite to their big LAN money event (first one in March 2015).

I feel like an ass for even mentioning it, but the interviewer's voice reminds me of the Family Guy character "James WIlliams Bottomtooth III".

Tbh I could see Fnatic coming back, they used to have a good thing going as Fnatic Classic with Chig and co. 

With Curse and Cloud9 having picked up smash players recently, hoping that they too could give halo a shot.

Future looks bright!

Curse attempted to have 3 CoD teams at one point, I would not be surprised at all if they wound up sponsoring a Halo team.

Anyone can but you need to rack up enough points from online events and other LAN events (UGC, IG etc) to get an invite to their big LAN money event (first one in March 2015).

correct, that's what I got out of it, just making sure lol.

I'm lost fellas: Is CLG a big deal?

Very big, kinda compare it to EG for CoD earlier this year.

• Upvote (+1) 2

CLG picking up a halo team? Wonder if any other big organisations are thinking of picking up teams. 

Maniac was wearing Evil Genius astro tags but that probably means nothing.

I think there is a possibility that Envy will pick up a Halo team.

Tbh I could see Fnatic coming back, they used to have a good thing going as Fnatic Classic with Chig and co. 

With Curse and Cloud9 having picked up smash players recently, hoping that they too could give halo a shot.

Future looks bright!

Apparently Chig, Aries, Prototype, and Str8 Sick are already on Isolation Halo

So Str8 Rippin is actually looking for a 4th. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm lost fellas: Is CLG a big deal?

Absolutely.  It's one of the biggest brands in the world regarding eSports.  Their League of Legends team has one of the biggest followings and their players are some of the most popular names in gaming.  It's an immense step into the broadening of the competitive Halo scene.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's almost heart warming to see how far we've come in just a couple months (if that) from the absolute brink of death.

Big name teams getting real sponsors. Real gaming leagues for Halo, and more then 1 of them. And just a level of hype i havent experience for halo in a very long time. Things are looking so good right now, and i can only see them getting better.

Anyways... I can't wait to see what 2gre's squad can do with some real practice and preparation. Royal 2 and Snakebite are both Terminators, freaking T1000's. And now they're about to learn from the  :goat:  and definitely one of the other best minds in Halo "Heinz". They should be quite the force in time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maniac was wearing Evil Genius astro tags but that probably means nothing.

He's always been on that hypnotic "fuck-wit-ya-mind" attitude. You never know.

Any other pro's coming going to be competing or teams coming back?

I think Team Classic might be coming back, at least Chig makes it seem that way.