CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

what was the H4GC prize pool? i think it was pretty big.

H4GC was 300k for top 8. Then they had all the other little prizes and stuff they were giving out to people competing online, which ended up being around 500k in total.

While I hadn't personally heard anything about a 500k tournament, I'm going to go ahead and try to get you to lower your pitchforks with some reason.  If there was a 500k tourney mentioned for "this year" I think Tom / other players misinterpreted when it would be.

I am not positive on this, but it makes plenty of sense.  Expecting a 500k tournament after only 3 months is crazy, lol

(Do Tweets show up after waiting a bit?)

• Upvote (+1) 5

When you embed Twitter posts and click 'Post', you won't see them until you refresh. Everyone else can see them straight away.

Getting some serious traction on r/halo

44533a9caeea52d9bf9fac4e88990a68.png

I'm more interested in what that guy found at his Gamestop.  :flames:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Am I supposed to feel bad for a guy who plays video games for money? He should quit if he's so miserable.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 9

How effective do you guys think a boycott of the HCS would be in terms of 343 getting their shit together? What would happen if all the top teams and pros just decided to not show up for events. How would 343 respond to that? 

How effective do you guys think a boycott of the HCS would be in terms of 343 getting their shit together? What would happen if all the top teams and pros just decided to not show up for events. How would 343 respond to that? 

By stop supporting the competitive scene all together.... I'd rather boycott Halo 5 than stop supporting championship series, even if I personally am bored of the gametypes/maps etc.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have said this before. 343i said they will invest a minimum of 3-5 years in HCS. If pros do not go then no one will go. This is the best way to hit 343i in the pocket since they already have future dates lined up

• Downvote (-1) 1

While I hadn't personally heard anything about a 500k tournament, I'm going to go ahead and try to get you to lower your pitchforks with some reason. If there was a 500k tourney mentioned for "this year" I think Tom / other players misinterpreted when it would be.

I am not positive on this, but it makes plenty of sense. Expecting a 500k tournament after only 3 months is crazy, lol

https://twitter.com/eLevateAudley/status/553315283319152641

https://twitter.com/eLevateAudley/status/553315454660657152

Genuinely surprised that more people haven't clued into this. The "championship" finals would have the best chance of having a large prizepot like $500k.

I have said this before. 343i said they will invest a minimum of 3-5 years in HCS. If pros do not go then no one will go. This is the best way to hit 343i in the pocket since they already have future dates lined up

"hit them in their pocket"... jesus guys. 

I WANT HCS for Halo 5... 

"hit them in their pocket"... jesus guys. 

I WANT HCS for Halo 5... 

I really really can't imagine a H5 LAN event other than a launch event. H5 is getting worse reception than H4. HALO 4

If noone shows then those 3-5 years will just get reduced to zero.

Am I supposed to feel bad for a guy who plays video games for money? He should quit if he's so miserable.

That's basically what he's contemplating...

Imagine being in his shoes where he was promised this great game and these great tournaments. Instead what he got was a completely broken ass game and tournaments where the game crashes constantly with only 3 maps.

Personally I feel for the guy, he's put so much into Halo throughout his life and 343i has lied to all of us.

I really really can't imagine a H5 LAN event other than a launch event. H5 is getting worse reception than H4. HALO 4

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Sorry.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

K, I'm done. 

That's basically what he's contemplating...

Imagine being in his shoes where he was promised this great game and these great tournaments. Instead what he got was a completely broken ass game and tournaments where the game crashes constantly with only 3 maps.

Personally I feel for the guy, he's put so much into Halo throughout his life and 343i has lied to all of us.

I bet it's upsetting, but he should get over it. it's not like 343 WANTED all this bad shit to happen. I'm sure they feel plenty shitty as it is. 

With all the SDK rumors and publisher deadlines this generation, I'm not going to wish the death of 343 yet. Halo 5 will come, it will be a decently popular launch Esport with room to grow. 

if he wants to leave, peace.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

If noone shows then those 3-5 years will just get reduced to zero.

The other thing with HCS, is that the viewership has actually decreased over the last two events. I realize that 343i/M$ have promised to supports HCS for 3+ years, but if nobody watches the tournaments, then you can bet the series will be discontinued.

I bet it's upsetting, but he should get over it. it's not like 343 WANTED all this bad shit to happen. I'm sure they feel plenty shitty as it is. 

Maybe they should stop feeling shitty then and actually fix the game since it's STILL broken. Or they can keep doing what they're doing and continue to show that they clearly don't give a fuck about MCC other than it being a quick cash grab.

iSObGCdYvIiwo.gif

Have you watched pros play any post-CE Halo? When players are landing 90% of their shots, the game does look easy to someone who has never played it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Have you watched pros play any post-CE Halo? When players are landing 90% of their shots, the game does look easy to someone who has never played it.

Post CE Halo at the top level is exactly the same for reasons that have been established in this forum many times.

As I posted on the previous page/a few pages back - to solve the issue of prize money and how it is split - 343 and ESL should step in and set a general structure for the prize money to be distributed. Again, I do not condemn UGC for what they tried to do as their heart was in the right place - but it really does not make sense when a team placing 12th makes almost the same amount as a team placing 4th (not sure if these were the actual placings compared - just using it for the example and the overall situation). 

As for the current shit storm surrounding the prize money of the first HCS season - and yes I said shit storm because this all had to happen right as COD Championships was announced so it is added salt to the wound - but here is how I see the situation. Feel free to agree or disagree with me.

The finals for the first season of HCS is going to include a $50,000 prize pool. When I first heard this announcement, I was not too surprised with the amount - although many were expecting it to be $100,000 - which I was hoping for as well but when thinking realistically, I was not surprised by the $50,000 prize pool.

I feel like some people are looking very far past that fact - this is the first season - there will be multiple seasons after this. This is not the championships for the HCS portion of MCC - it is one season. When I say this I know a lot of people are going to say I'm just sucking off 343 and not saying what I actually want to say - which is not true at all. It's looking at it for what it is. It's taking place at PAX East - which is going to cost A LOT of money for 343 and ESL - especially when you consider that they are both West Coast based companies having to set everything up a large event like PAX on the other side of the country. I doubt this is a contributing factor but it's also easy to figure out that this is going to cost a lot of money to pull off. Audley made a good point a few pages back in that the PAX Prime event was Microsoft's backyard - and I could be wrong - but I believe it was directly supported by Xbox itself. To my knowledge, the HCS is not directly funded by Xbox so to expect prize money the scale of the Halo 4 GC is a stretch. 

Some people need to let go of the "Well MLG National Championships were $100,000 for first place and the prize pool overall was much larger." Yes - it was - but it's just what is said there - that was for the National Championship. This $50,000 is for the first season finals. I don't know - maybe I'm alone in wondering why people expected this to be treated like a MLG National Championship. MLG isn't dishing out $100,000 for the first place of their online CoD leagues to my knowledge. 

My point with all of this is not to say the HCS is perfect - because trust me, it is FAR from perfect. But I think some people need to take their thinking down a couple notches when it comes to the recent events. These are not MLG events - many of these events are run by individual TO's and simply have the backing of HCS when it comes to some additional prize money and the HCS points. UGC chose how to pay out at their event - not 343 or ESL. However, this would be a good time for ESL and 343 to step in and again - set up some sort of general structure for prize pools for all future events so that players are actually making money when traveling to these events (travel stipends should also be brought into the converstaion for players who might not be covered already but that might be for another day).

As for T2's post earlier about being "lied to" about the prize pool - the apparent rumor seems to be that pros were under the assumption that the Season 1 finals would be a $500,000 prize pool. Now obviously I don't have any idea whether that is true or not - but even so - and I will probably get shit for saying this - but expecting a $500,000 prize pool for the first seasons final is ridiculous. That amount of money for Halo right now is not there - plain and simple - because the viewership and player numbers for the game are not there. LoL, Dota 2, CS GO, StarCraft 2, Hearthstone - all of these games have giant prize pools because their games are massive in both actual people playing the game and people watching tournaments. Unless T2 was told that would be the amount directly by someone at 343 or ESL, he really should never have assumed that would be amount because that is just completely unrealistic thinking. 

Hopefully this post made sense - right not it's so much shit to sift through and pull out to make a point that it is just tiresome. Just trying to break everything down and look at it from a realistic POV. Again, I am far from defending 343, ESL, and the HCS - I'm just attempting to look at everything with some realism. 

• Upvote (+1) 7