CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Gammage, Precision and I need 1 for UGC St. Louis and HCS Cup #3. We placed top 32 with a pick-up 4th in HCS Cup #2. Ended up losing 2-1 for Top 16. We have a pass and a place to stay. We're also having a LAN in St. Louis on Jan 1 for whoever wants to come and crash there.

Hit me up on twitter for an immediate response @nickhobbes. Xbl gt: nick hobbes

Hit me up. I live in Joplin mo. Gammage, TPlisk, and someone else have Lanned with us a couple times. EF5 Albino

Hit me up. I live in Joplin mo. Gammage, TPlisk, and someone else have Lanned with us a couple times. EF5 Albino

That was probably me. I've held a lot of LANs over the years and I've been to a couple of tplisk's. I'll message you.

You live in Joplin? Sorry if this brings up bad memories, but iv'e got to ask.

Is that the City that was flattened by a Tornado a couple years ago? Iv'e been watching this Tornado chaser show and that was a episode. Brutal stuff. Sorry if you or anyone you know was effected. Iv'e just never met anyone from there.

I live in way north Canada so we never experience that kind of stuff. Tornado's have always been a big fascination of mine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You live in Joplin? Sorry if this brings up bad memories, but iv'e got to ask.

Is that the City that was flattened by a Tornado a couple years ago? Iv'e been watching this Tornado chaser show and that was a episode. Brutal stuff. Sorry if you or anyone you know was effected. Iv'e just never met anyone from there.

I live in way north Canada so we never experience that kind of stuff. Tornado's have always been a big fascination of mine.

That's the correct place and yeah. I went through it and lost all my stuff, but at least I'm alive. Hence the EF5 in my name. I did a big write up on what happened to me on MLG. I can get it to you if you are that interested.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

That's the correct place and yeah. I went through it and lost all my stuff, but at least I'm alive. Hence the EF5 in my name. I did a big write up on what happened to me on MLG. I can get it to you if you are that interested.

Ohhhh... you know what, i think i remember that post actually. Crazy stuff. Well luckily you're alive.

And i never caught the ef5 thing in your name till you said that... lol, i'm clueless at times.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm originally from Springfield, MO. I've driven through Joplin many times when going home to visit family. The destruction that city endured is unbelievable, but if you were to drive through there today you would almost not even know it ever happened. Those folks have done an amzing job rebuilding their lives after losing everything. Props to you Albino for being one of those that didn't give up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's at a house about 15 minutes away from the venue.

who's house? I hate the be the guy that invites himself but if y'all have open room we'd love to LAN

Anyone see that Warlord Bomb game in the CLG vs EG scrimmage just now?

CLG went -29 but still won.  Seems like EG has been having that problem lately.  They are outslaying teams but still losing the objective.  Snipedown went an impressive +24 but the other three guys just aren't moving the objective it seems.

Snakebite was making fun of it afterwards, saying it was a joke that they were spawn killed all game long but whenever they finally broke out, they armed the bomb.

I dont have private messaging but I'd love to see that write up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont have private messaging but I'd love to see that write up.

Would it be best if I posted a new thread on it in off topic or something?

@@EF5 Albino An Admin was kind enough to give me privileges back, feel free to PM now. =D

OT: Cloud 9 to have an even better showing at St Louis. CLG to take it again. I'd like to see a top 8 team like Scorched or Blaze,Devon and Contra to get into top 3.

ridiculous spawn vine

Although it REALLY shouldn't matter... Where was the fourth member of EG when that spawn happened?

If he was on CLG's BR, I can see the math working out for this spawn to happen...though it's still absurd. o_O

(Edit, Lethul said on Snipedown's stream just now he was in their rocks with rockets -- so with his body, Roy's sniper Line of Sight, Lunchbox's BR line of sight, and the 3 dead bodies, the math could definitely check out to negatively weigh the spawns in that area enough for the spawn between everyone.  I think there has to be a grenade involved around flag area or turret.  Still crazy, but just sane enough for it to happen.  Ridiculous lol)

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm still watching that vine over and over shaking my head

:lxthul:

Are you guys going to be putting any content out? Same goes with every other pro who might be lurking in here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What kind of controller was on the announcer tables? I believe one was orange, and the other was green.

Does Neighbor still play competitively?

What kind of controller was on the announcer tables? I believe one was orange, and the other was green.

Does Neighbor still play competitively?

For your first question, they were using scufgaming.com controllers, and for your second, Neighbor was hired by 343 to work on future Halo games, so he doesn't compete anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For your first question, they were using scufgaming.com controllers, and for your second, Neighbor was hired by 343 to work on future Halo games, so he doesn't compete anymore.

343 fps games

FTFY :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone see that Warlord Bomb game in the CLG vs EG scrimmage just now?

CLG went -29 but still won.  Seems like EG has been having that problem lately.  They are outslaying teams but still losing the objective.  Snipedown went an impressive +24 but the other three guys just aren't moving the objective it seems.

Snakebite was making fun of it afterwards, saying it was a joke that they were spawn killed all game long but whenever they finally broke out, they armed the bomb.

Which is weird with Lunchbox on the team as he is normally someone who goes for the Obj.

Seems to be the problem Optic Gaming (Cod) have. Scump, Formal and Crimsix are probably the 3 best slayers. Although they all pitch in the kind of rely on Nadeshot to sit in the hills. 

I think Lethul might have to pitch in with the Obj alot, Snip3down is slaying like crazy and the you got Borg who is, well, a borg.

"You cant do objective if you're dead" , something I heard alot lately which as CLG showed, isnt true.

• Upvote (+1) 1