CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Am i the only one who thinks it really funny that Lethal is gonna be taking Olas spot? Him and Snipedown was shit talking each other so much a few weeks ago, Just goes to show you alot of the "Halo Beef" is just for entertainment.

Excuse my ignorance as im not American, is 20k a realistic medical bill in America?

No because most people have employee provide healthcare or had it through other means. However it was never mandatory to have healthcare so SOME people would take that risk, not pay for healthcare insurance, and if something happened to them have to pay out of pocket. Yes, the cost for treatment can be that high when you factor in doctors, medical devices, medication, and so on. I'm sure some people don't believe it but for anyone that has worked in a Hospital or alongside a Doctor, America has some of the best Doctors and Technology to treat people and that comes with a cost.

Am i the only one who thinks it really funny that Lethal is gonna be taking Olas spot? Him and Snipedown was shit talking each other so much a few weeks ago, Just goes to show you alot of the "Halo Beef" is just for entertainment.

Yea, which is why I don't think it would work long term. I think they would end up fighting personally.

But from everything that has surrounded this issue it seems like It was mutually beneficial for both sides (EG and lethul). And perhaps lethul, being a good guy he is, felt bad for EG and Ola and wanted to help out.  :kappa:

PS: BTH first round bye.

I'm all for donating for a good cause but if the story is true, I'm not giving a cent to someone who broke his hand in anger by punching the ground. Sucks he doesn't have insurance, but I guess we're his insurance?

Guarantee that bit is untrue.

No because most people have employee provide healthcare or had it through other means. However it was never mandatory to have healthcare so SOME people would take that risk, not pay for healthcare insurance, and if something happened to them have to pay out of pocket. Yes, the cost for treatment can be that high when you factor in doctors, medical devices, medication, and so on. I'm sure some people don't believe it but for anyone that has worked in a Hospital or alongside a Doctor, America has some of the best Doctors and Technology to treat people and that comes with a cost.

Sounded abit excessive for a hand injury for me. I thought maybe 5k at most but I dont doubt it.

Now to wait and see does ola even have a hand issue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait Str8 vs RC in round 1? That is not right at all . Is the bracket just random?

Suds made more than one team change, so they lose their HCS points. Seeding is random among the teams tied with 0.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait Str8 vs RC in round 1? That is not right at all . Is the bracket just random?

CLS vs Denial round 1 as well.

lol someone took the Staus Quo name. 

Explains why Sudd2 was saying he feels HCS rules need to be changed.

I sort of feel bad for them personally. It's not like they made their teammates leave. Sucks they have to be punished for it.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not trying to argue with you but "no because most people have employee provide healthcare" is far from true

I live in the Netherlands. We also have some of the best Doctors and technology and yet healthcare is way more affordable here.

But me just stop here I don't want to cause a huge debate about this since it is completely out of topic.

OT: Interesting to see how Lethul will fit in with this EG roster. I hope Ola (get's well and) comes back soon.

I sort of feel bad for them personally. It's not like they made their teammates leave. Sucks they have to be punished for it.

I agree, However ppl feel about the Suds is fine But i cant help but feel bad somewhat for them, They gotta be pissed they drew Str8 in round 1.

Not trying to argue with you but "no because most people have employee provide healthcare" is far from true

Not going to argue with you either, but you sort of just did argue with me.

I think most adults work and had healthcare provided to them. If not their were other options.

Clearly we are on two different sides of this argument and I won't hide my feelings on it. Something about seeing over 1/3 of my paycheck disappear every month just doesn't sit right with me. But I won't be arguing with you in a gaming forum over it.

I live in the Netherlands. We also have some of the best Doctors and technology and yet healthcare is way more affordable here.

But me just stop here I don't want to cause a huge debate about this since it is completely out of topic.

I'll just say, you ever hear the expression "nothing is free". Just because something "seems" more affordable doesn't mean it actually is. Things are paid for in various ways and money comes from various sources, not all will have a label of "healthcare" next to them. Some ways are just more hidden. Just because the government says they are paying doesn't mean they actually are and I'm not paying for it. At least here in the US the government doesn't "make" money, they take it from working people in the form of taxes. Government starts a new program, it eventually comes from my taxes. But you are right, this is off topic and I don't want to argue with people in a gaming forum over it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Playing devils advocate here but the Sudds picked their teammates. It sucks what happened but maybe this time they picked players who will stay with them longer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Playing devils advocate here but the Sudds picked their teammates. It sucks what happened but maybe this time they picked players who will stay with them longer.

I'm sure they didn't go into it with the impression they're teammates would leave after what, 1 online and IG tourney. I'm a pretty cynical old fart, but even I think going into something thinking that would be the outcome is a bit extreme.

I mean how long is the season, like 3 months? If people can't stay on a team for 3 months that is sad. I get that most of these players are teens and have no idea what commitment is, but come on.

Excuse my ignorance as im not American, is 20k a realistic medical bill in America?

It really depends on his situation honestly, but yes hospital/surgery bills can be that expensive if not more. I've read things like how just ambulance rides can cost thousands without any insurance. When I was 16 I had broken my leg rather badly playing rugby and it wasn't until last year did I finish paying off the bills.