CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Once I get back from holidays I wouldn't mind trying to throw something together, hit me up if you are serious and good. I have people who will vouch for me and I can assure you once I get back into it I'll return to my old form. That being said I'm a free agent, hit me up on XBL or twitter @veldexJD

• Upvote (+1) 1

Once I get back from holidays I wouldn't mind trying to throw something together, hit me up if you are serious and good. I have people who will vouch for me and I can assure you once I get back into it I'll return to my old form. That being said I'm a free agent, hit me up on XBL or twitter @veldexJD

srs n gud....

If it matters I got second in the PGL 10k H4 tournament with NightHawks(we each we won $1000)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish I could compete, but the lack of time(compared to 2004) that I have now is mesmerizing.... :(

Growing up sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish I could compete, but the lack of time(compared to 2004) that I have now is mesmerizing.... :(

Growing up sucks.

Looking back, if someone had taken my brother and I under their wing and taught us how to play Halo 2 competitively, we could've been top AM/semi-pro. At 26, I'm two times the player I was at 16, have the drive, could practice for hours on end...

...you know, if I didn't have a wife, newborn, house, full-time job, and friends that actually play Halo still (most moved onto Destiny because they're allergic to competition). At 24, me and buddy of mine won a tiny doubles tournament and that was the best feeling I've had while gaming. I'm just sad I didn't find out about competitive gaming until I was already in my mid-20s.

Ah, well, I can still pubstomb and watch Ogre 2 show up players that were barely out of diapers when he started his rampage across Halo. It's still a good life.

Seriously, there's people here doubting that the 2gre can still perform? You silly, silly people.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is anyone else tired of these maps? I and the friends of me have started playing on other maps they find from forgers. Some are good I think. What do you think?

It will be interesting to see what ELS does with the 7th & 8th seeds. The rules state :

1.3. Team Changes and Roster Lock Replacements

Teams are allowed to make one team change (i.e. one player or the stand in) per transfer period. A team change is defined by changing one player or the stand-in.

Both Fatal Ambition/CLS and Noble Reality Check will have made more than one change.  Will they be allowed to keep their seeds? The rules do not address what happens if you make more than one player change.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is anyone else tired of these maps? I and the friends of me have started playing on other maps they find from forgers. Some are good I think. What do you think?

Forge maps are good and interesting when the inspiration isn't Midship.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It will be interesting to see what ELS does with the 7th & 8th seeds. The rules state :

1.3. Team Changes and Roster Lock Replacements

Teams are allowed to make one team change (i.e. one player or the stand in) per transfer period. A team change is defined by changing one player or the stand-in.

Both Fatal Ambition/CLS and Noble Reality Check will have made more than one change. Will they be allowed to keep their seeds? The rules do not address what happens if you make more than one player change.

It actually states in the rule that they would lose their points

• Upvote (+1) 1

From what I understand he just wasn't playing enough. Since they picked up Swift Kill they've been playing extremely well though.

Unlegit is the best. All I'm saying. Go kevin.

Originally thought that Arkanum would have been a better fit for Optic, but after seeing how well Aries played (+111) I'm glad that Flame and the rest of Optic decided to give him a try.

Unlegit is the best. All I'm saying. Go kevin.

Kevin is playing amazing lately. So is Matt(Stormy). Those kids have been grinding so hard and I love when we all have our big Texas LANs. They definitely deserve this opportunity. Hoping to see big things.

Kevin and I go way back (Like 06). Kid has always been the man. Would love to see him doing something and Psyril since I taught him how to play. (Hope you see this Alex).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know these numbers don't mean everything, but thought some people might be interested in seeing the K/D for teams/individuals on the most talked about and top teams. Using Excel + Power Query + Pivot Table (or Power View for pretty graphs) + Conditional Formatting makes this really simple to pull the raw data from the IG website, do any calculations, sort, and display it.

Green are the top 10%, yellow are above average.

KD_ratings.png

Personally think Royal 2 could have taken MVP from this tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I know these numbers don't mean everything, but thought some people might be interested in seeing the K/D for teams/individuals on the most talked about and top teams. Using Excel + Power Query + Pivot Table (or Power View for pretty graphs) + Conditional Formatting makes this really simple to pull the raw data from the IG website, do any calculations, sort, and display it.

Green are the top 10%, yellow are above average.

KD_ratings.png

Personally think Royal 2 could have taken MVP from this tournament.

Damn Maniac shoots anything that moves apparently lol. I always knew Royal 2 was good but Maniac surprised me.