CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I actually don't mind the tense standoffs Lockout TS brings but I definitely think the spawn issues need to be fixed, you can do a fair amount in these situations to keep them interesting.

- Go to listen ins. Hearing teams discussing their plan to make a push or where they're going on the map is quite interesting to me. I would prefer to hear this over casters when there's not a lot they can say in that situation.

- If you're going to have casters have someone like Walshy who can talk about what he would do in the situation and if players are in a good/bad position.

- Overlay an audio interview with another person. This happens a fair amount in sport (Especially slower paced sports such as Cricket) where they utilise the time in between action to grab interviews. Talk to a member of another team about their previous series and then segue it back to the casters who can talk about that player and their next series.

Personally standoffs have always been something I enjoy, but there are ways you can utilise that time and keep a viewer who's doesn't enjoy them engaged.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's not a better gametype at all.

Restarts sucks btw....

I know it's not a better gametype in general. It needs major tweaks. I just think it's a more exciting game 5 to watch.

Myself, Squall, Hayze, and Prettyboy Krown. Krown might not be able to go though so we'll be playing with both him and Slippin.

Good stuff. I'm down.

Lockdown Slayer provides more more tense, heart pounding moments. Much better Game 5 IMO

Yeah I really had fun watching BtH and Str8 replay it 2 (maybe 3?) times at the ESL event. 

It's a terrible game type and is mostly standoffish and boring. Spawns are crap, you have to have a perfectly executed push to takeover BR setup, and even then the spawns will go haywire after that. 

Good stuff. I'm down.

Sounds good man. Just add me and we'll game sometime this week. Squall and Hayze have finals until Wednesday but after that we're good.

Also, who has team scrims this week? I'm looking to add any teams looking to play several games.

Str8 Aggression

Trying out a new squad. Str8 Aggression, Meth0dized, Veldex, Boobad.

From what I know we could be looking at one more map being added to the rotation. There were some interesting discussions about how to balance in Lockdown.

UGC will be awesomesauce.

• Upvote (+1) 5

From what I know we could be looking at one more map being added to the rotation. There were some interesting discussions about how to balance in Lockdown.

That is awesome. I would really love another map right about now.

That is awesome. I would really love another map right about now.

I think we all would. Maybe even add ball to the rotation?

Thankfully, we have lots of options.

How soon will we see the add and also, are we talking a forge map?

And I do think Ball needs to show up.

Lockout ball please!

And try Orion (by SecretSchnitzel) for KotH: http://www.forgehub.com/SecretSchnitzel/maps/Orion

Maybe you need to change weapon spawns back to dynamic since HCS is using dynamic ones (which should be completely changed to static imo)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think we all would. Maybe even add ball to the rotation?

Thankfully, we have lots of options.

Replace Lockout Ball with Lockout TS and/or KoTH please.

Right now we are only looking at the following:

Lockout - TS, KOTH

Sanc - TS, CTF, Bomb

Warlord - TS, CTF, Bomb, KOTH

9 Gametypes on 3 maps. It would be nice to get up to 11 on 4/5 maps. And I really think Ball should be implemented. It would work as replacement for KOTH on both maps.

Lockout TS needs to go and be replaced by oddball lockout the spawns are just awful and the red team has such a significant advantage over the blue team as it is very easy to trap them bottom blue.

The spawns might not be such a massive influence in oddball and besides it would be far more exciting than lockout ts is far too standoffish as teams are terrified of being trapped bottom blue by the awful spawn system 

Plus their are so many strategies for oddball back br tower/library, s2 or the infamous final boss green room strategy ha im getting excited just thinking about it lol 

PLEASE ADD IT INTO ROTATION

Camo on Lockout for Slayer. Make it happen!

Also I wouldn't mind adding one map to the roster, however I feel like there should be another map added later on when people have learned the first new map for a bit.

Also the added maps should always be able to be replaced for other maps, keep the gameplay fresh.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would be nice if they talked to some of the people that worked on forging the Halo 4 gametypes to not be broken as fuck.

Lockout TS needs to go and be replaced by oddball lockout the spawns are just awful and the red team has such a significant advantage over the blue team as it is very easy to trap them bottom blue.

The spawns might not be such a massive influence in oddball and besides it would be far more exciting than lockout ts is far too standoffish as teams are terrified of being trapped bottom blue by the awful spawn system 

Plus their are so many strategies for oddball back br tower/library, s2 or the infamous final boss green room strategy ha im getting excited just thinking about it lol 

PLEASE ADD IT INTO ROTATION

Oddball won't work because you can literally throw the ball across the map. Unless we get a fix I don't think we'll be seeing Oddball.

It would be nice if they talked to some of the people that worked on forging the Halo 4 gametypes to not be broken as fuck.

they have ghost dude you know the competitive multiplayer settings maker for agl events and even the global championship  

That would be my choice for the 11 gametypes. Removes Lockdown slayer (standoff) and adds Lockdown ball.

Adds one forge map: Orion (linked in my last post) for KotH and slayer.

Lockout - Ball, KotH

Sanc - TS, CTF, Bomb

Warlord - TS, CTF, Bomb, KotH

Orion - TS, KotH

they have ghost dude you know the competitive multiplayer settings maker for agl events and even the global championship  

That means nothing...since he's not in charge of these settings.

Oddball won't work because you can literally throw the ball across the map. Unless we get a fix I don't think we'll be seeing Oddball.

wasnt aware throwing th eoddball was a mechanic in this game as i dont actually own it due to the bad reviews but i had assumed they had altered it back to the traditional settings seeing as how the feedback they received was so negative for being able to throw the ball right well then oddball shouldnt be added to rotation and fuck it i dunno im out of ideas

That means nothing...since he's not in charge of these settings.

no but if they were to ask anyone to assist them with the spawn settings surely they would pick him no?

not saying it will happen as kevin franklin is in charge but if suddenly grew a brain and realized how broken lockout is then ghost is there in the wings 

no but if they were to ask anyone to assist them with the spawn settings surely they would pick him no?

not saying it will happen as kevin franklin is in charge but if suddenly grew a brain and realized how broken lockout is then ghost is there in the wings 

Can I borrow your rose-colored glasses