CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

He's teaming with mikwen

Yes we know lol. Mikwen+chig can possibly team with Ace+flame.

Yes we know lol. Mikwen+chig can possibly team with Ace+flame.

I think this is actually a solid lineup. Although I'd rather see Mikwen, Chig, Elitest and Reliable team up and go as Gimme My Money.

Or VWS GMM if they retain that sponsorship.

12b560eb306eb0b2d4f3459b0a21530f.png

I miss the oldschool H2 teams for this reason  :(

It was only a pre-launch invitational event though with many pros like Roy deciding to go last minute, now that everyone is gearing up for the HCS and sees that competitive Halo will be taken serious again, players want to get on the best teams possible to solidify a place at the top in the future.

I commend T2 for sticking with Str8 Rippin for almost his entire career though, I just hope he finds dedicated teammates again to bring Str8 back to the top. I am predicting Roy left but I am not sure about Ryanoob or Str8 Sick.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yup. I think this essentially confirms what we've been suspecting today with the potential upcoming Godsquad. This is going to sound crazy, but I'm very excited to see what kind of roster Tsquared can build from the rubble.

If it is true that Roy is leaving Str8 (which it seems it is), then the only way I wouldn't be mad if I was T2 was if Lunchbox was coming back. With the next tournament quickly approaching and the vast number of issues with MCC, I think it's an extremely dumb decision for Roy to leave a 2nd place Str8 Rippin team if Lunchbox isn't coming back. 

That will be crazy if Lunchbox comes back. Everyone said there was no way he was coming back because he had a kid and an Electrician apprenticeship or something. Roybox and Snipeola will be nasty.

Are points for the HCS for individual players or for teams?

Rules haven't been laid out yet but I'd assume teams, maybe Roster locks too.

I can see why he's mad, but at the same time I really didn't think the rosters would stick. Hell I would be suprised if BtH stuck it out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Here's to hoping for Str8 Rippin: T2, Legit, Naded, Ryanoob.

I'm also wondering if Walshy is gonna make a team or not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm also wondering if Walshy is gonna make a team or not.

Don't think so. He's said that he only wants to coach, commentate, and make content. But you never know, after going to a couple events his competitive desire might make him want to compete again.

Don't think so. He's said that he only wants to coach, commentate, and make content. But you never know, after going to a couple events his competitive desire might make him want to compete again.

Yeah I just saw that on his stream. It sucks but I like what he wants to do instead.

Here's to hoping for Str8 Rippin: T2, Legit, Naded, Ryanoob.

That would be sick... but I think Str8 Sick will stay on.

Did you guys seriously think that Roy was going to stick around with freaking T2 lololol?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Did you guys seriously think that Roy was going to stick around with freaking T2 lololol?

Have a +rep cause I'm pretty sure T2 thrives off people consistently doubting him.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I miss the oldschool H2 teams for this reason  :(

It was only a pre-launch invitational event though with many pros like Roy deciding to go last minute, now that everyone is gearing up for the HCS and sees that competitive Halo will be taken serious again, players want to get on the best teams possible to solidify a place at the top in the future.

I commend T2 for sticking with Str8 Rippin for almost his entire career though, I just hope he finds dedicated teammates again to bring Str8 back to the top. I am predicting Roy left but I am not sure about Ryanoob or Str8 Sick.

Yeah after Walshy got dropped from FB I honestly stopped giving a shit about actual teams, and cared more about individual players. Nowadays teams never stick together so what's the point of caring about them when you know they will just split up each event?

• Upvote (+1) 1

12b560eb306eb0b2d4f3459b0a21530f.png

To be fair, I see this a lot in any competitive game with teams. I'm not saying it shouldn't be fixed, but it's not exclusive to Halo.

Team change drama is a good thing in my opinion. If you take a look at any other game or sport for that matter - when a major roster change or trade happens it is insane.

Causes so many discussions and sparks major interest around the game or sport as a whole. T2 is more than likely sub-tweeting / posting because his team is probably being picked apart right now. Which is fine - but he shouldn't be saying Halo won't be successful because of it.

Call of Duty lives off of team change drama and I think we can all agree that they have been leaps and bounds ahead of any other modern day console shooter when it comes to e-sport / team popularity.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Team change drama is a good thing in my opinion. If you take a look at any other game or sport for that matter - when a major roster change or trade happens it is insane.

Causes so many discussions and sparks major interest around the game or sport as a whole. T2 is more than likely sub-tweeting / posting because his team is probably being picked apart right now. Which is fine - but he shouldn't be saying Halo won't be successful because of it.

Call of Duty lives off of team change drama and I think we can all agree that they have been leaps and bounds ahead of any other modern day console shooter when it comes to e-sport / team popularity.

Team changes are fine so long as they don't happen for the majority of pro teams after every single event like they have been for Halo lately. They make it much harder for people to root for their teams because its like a revolving door. Some drama is a good thing, but too much and it stops being drama and into just the usual.

• Upvote (+1) 1

constant team changes are not a good thing.

back in h2 prime days the top teams did not change this much. Now a days after every event you are looking at entirely different rosters. 

I hope HCS rules lay down the law on seeds and points that encourage teams to stay together for longer.

I hope to see Ola and Roy back together again and with Snipedown holy moly that's a scary team.  Still remember Snipedown being on Instinct many moons ago.

It might seem like a bad call to leave a 2nd place team, but Str8 was getting out played and out slayed by BtH.  Roy's my boy and everyone knows he's a beast, but his backpack is only so big.  He needs some teammates with some firepower.