CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ogre2 must be a tad upset that he missed out on the EG Godsquad train ... I can't imagine he's happy with top 64 or whatever

Lol thats just seeding clg is one of the top 3 teams right now along bth and eg. Those three are probably the favorites to win I would think.

• Upvote (+1) 1

First forum post in a month and a half because this game is just so broken...

I can't believe people talk about Halo 4 during AGL like it was a thing... that didn't even exist in my opinion. AGL's existence doesn't exist to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aries t8 Orlando '11 getting his first pro placing in 2009. 

Wouldn't 2011 be his first pro placing if he placed top 8? I really hope HCS clears up what qualifies someone as pro. Everyone's always saying different placings.

Edit: for some reason I thought you put first pro placing in 2012.

Still though, I hope the term pro gets cleared up by HCS.

Ogre2 must be a tad upset that he missed out on the EG Godsquad train ... I can't imagine he's happy with top 64 or whatever

Well, no pro will ever be happy with top64. I don't think OG2 is jealous at all; CLG has been destroying every team, especially EG, in scrims and won those 2 preseason cups if that even means anything.

• Upvote (+1) 3

First forum post in a month and a half because this game is just so broken...

I can't believe people talk about Halo 4 during AGL like it was a thing... that didn't even exist in my opinion. AGL's existence doesn't exist to me.

As terrible as Brad and Billy were at times, the tournaments did have some pretty awesome moments and kept the community somewhat glued in parts during the "darker years" of competitive Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I accept all feedback and the ones u played on like simplex was early version I was testing out what I can do in forge. I have a rebuilt on on skyward and there is no frame rate. Like I said I built these to see what I can and could not do. The confined you played on was earlier version and I did make some adjustments to it. Now if you want me to look at your feedback I will but sadly I did not get none from you unless you call maps shittier as feedback. I don't know why I get so much hate with the forgers and to be honest not my fault. I build what i enjoy building and to. E honest I do not do what pro players say. I listen to there feedback as I do to every person that gives me feedback. I build for the love of it. Yes I remade some of my old maps not to piss u guys off but to get use to the new forge. I found out a lot of things rebuilding these maps and found how many pieces and what pieces I can use. Like I said I am still forging after 7 years and still learning. I am working on a asymmetrical map and it's taking me a long time. I want it to work for this game and I won't release it till I get it right. Again give me feedback and just leave out the curse words. I don't act like that towards you and don't expect you to act like that towards me.

Well, I wasn't playing the maps with intention of feedback, and I've often asked people here how we can improve onslaught's meta, and a lot have come to the conclusion that despite what pieces of geometry you put in, or even powerups/weapons on the map that don't fit, it really wouldn't change it's best strategy from being aggressive and teamshooting. I'm clueless for onslaught honestly man, and have no feedback to give you. It's a two base, two tower, two level map, that promotes pushing and getting up top and watching for either A, or B spawns. There is nothing I can possibly think of that can change that. I'd love to give you feedback on that but I wouldn't know where to start, or how to change it for the better.

As for confined, I had no idea it was your map. I never played that map before last night and all I could think of was, is this narrows? So excuse my cursing, but is that what it is? It feels like Narrows but it feels HUGE, and incredibly steep. One issue I had with it was when I was at the top of the map looking into their base, I got sniped from a buy back plat because I couldn't shoot him. I had tried hiding most of my body from top mid leaving a small portion of me to be seen. However, whatever forge piece goes from top mid end up eating the bullets I would have shot at him. I'll see if I can make a video of it. That's the only real piece of constructive criticism I can give.

Also, because of how huge the map seems, it seemed like rockets were ineffective for a push, and snipers were way to comfortable camping at the back of their base. We had slaying control almost all game, but no control of the weapons, and it was impossible for anyone to really run a flag. This feedback stems from me literally only playing the map once.

Other than that man, I'm not a forger, and I couldn't give you any real feedback other than I would like different styles of maps, which you claim to be working on. Those maps I can definitely give you feedback on, but when it comes to maps that are intentionally two base two tower maps, then it will limit or force the gameplay in a certain direction. That direction or style is the linear aggression which I'm not a fan of.

I definitely don't have anything against you man. If anything I'm just someone who has been very tired of recycling the maps for decades at this point and would like to see something fresh. If you have anything asymmetrical, I would be more than happy to test that.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As terrible as Brad and Billy were at times, the tournaments did have some pretty awesome moments and kept the community somewhat glued in parts during the "darker years" of competitive Halo.

That time Ryanoob dropped the n bomb on APG :saucey: . I think that was a scrim though, but I still remember everyone freaking out about it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I never would have known competitive halo existed if I hadn't started watching Ninja and Gandhi then AGL.

Going to and watching AGLs were some of the most fun ive ever had. Sure the MLGs were more competitive and professional but I had 100x more fun at the 3 AGLs i went to than anything else. It had sort of a grassroots feel and that made it fun. dankAt the agls i went to everyone was just having a good time and we were all friends. You pretty much talked to everyone there because of how small they were. The after event hangout sessions with everyone were fun as well.

For the events I didnt go to I watched all of them the streams and chat were entertaining as hell #evades #skydiving #Brazilian.

We as a community have it so much better now with HCS but i will never forget the hype that agl brought for a dead game.

But lets be honest, Fuck Brad.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Going to and watching AGLs were some of the most fun ive ever had. Sure the MLGs were more competitive and professional but I had 100x more fun at the 3 AGLs i went to than anything else. It had sort of a grassroots feel and that made it fun. At the agls i went to everyone was just having a good time and we were all friends. You pretty much talked to everyone there because of how small they were. The after event hangout sessions with everyone were fun as well.

For the events I didnt go to I watched all of them the streams and chat were entertaining as hell #evades #skydiving #Brazilian.

We as a community have it so much better now with HCS but i will never forget the hype that agl brought for a dead game.

But lets be honest, Fuck Brad.

Evades clan vs thrusts

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, no pro will ever be happy with top64. I don't think OG2 is jealous at all; CLG has been destroying every team, especially EG, in scrims and won those 2 preseason cups if that even means anything.

That's why CLG beat EG during the first tourney that matters right? 

Oh, wait..

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's why CLG beat EG during the first tourney that matters right? 

Oh, wait..

Oh my, a 3-game series with no losers brackets!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh my, a 3-game series with no losers brackets!

Brian: Peter, you do realize there's a difference between loving America and being swept up in post-9/11 paranoia.

Peter: Brian, are you suggesting that 9/11 didn't change everything?

Brian: What? No, I was just...

Peter: 'Cause 9/11 changed everything, Brian! 9/11 changed everything!

Brian: Peter, you didn't even know what 9/11 was until 2004.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I am working on a asymmetrical map and it's taking me a long time. I want it to work for this game and I won't release it till I get it right. 

Do you know around when it will be ready for testing? Like are you close to being finished or are you a while from being finished? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just because EG beat CLG once does not mean that they are currently the best team in the game. I think their overall series score is still overwhelmingly in CLGs favor. Until EG can take a few more series, or beat them at a real event, I'm not putting a lot of stock in last weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No one's arguing EG is better than CLG, but CLG isn't "destroying every team included EG" especially when they LOST to EG. Don't know how that's destroying. 

But making excuses for the team when they don't even do that is absurd. When you lose, you lose: got outplayed, played bad, etc w/e it doesn't matter. EG beat CLG and are currently ranked #1. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So I'm 11th seed going into Columbus.

I'm basically Iron Gaming Pro at this point.

Sorry, had to add another drop of ignorance into the vass ocean this threads been drowning in lately, lol.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Still confused why Ascension being removed was never a question/debate, especially considering the lack of maps.

Its just not a good map, especially with spawns in this game, what gametype could they really test on it? 

Hill was all I could think of and even then, its very questionable.