CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

At least they got the raised Carbine bridges in.

Killa KC had a version with raised cars sent to him... but "grenades didn't bounce right off grass" so we got stuck with GreyFloor nospace.

Ugh, apparently Salot is remaking Onslaught. Another remake in a game full of remakes. Unbelievable...

He's already made Simplex again. Guy doesn't know when to give up.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's all the more frustrating after reading what Zanno posted the other day about how Salot is capable of more original designs yet never gets support for them from the players.

In a game built entirely on remakes I would have thought that we'd all be crying out for some original designs.

It's all the more frustrating after reading what Zanno posted the other day about how Salot is capable of more original designs yet never gets support for them from the players.

In a game built entirely on remakes I would have thought that we'd all be crying out for some original designs.

At least remake some classic competitive Halo 2 maps, not this Midship hybrid shit ;/

some original designs.

The fuck kind of googly-ass language you speaking over there, J?  I don't understand a word you're saying.

Mockingbird hype yo

I think Salot is making some sort of asymmetrical map as well.

I swear though if I'm playing/watching pit slayer again imma kms.

Dont want to bash Salot but the new Simplex has huge fps drops.

And I think we should play different maps this time. I dont want to see remakes of Pit, Narrows, Simplex, Midship or Onslaught...

I freaking love Naded but I think they won't be able to do much with T2 on the team. Unfortunately he owns Str8 rippin so they can't just drop him... No offense to Lunchbox bc I like him too but i wish that Naded got on EG like Roy said was supposed to happen b4 Lunch decided to come back. that would have by far been my favorite team. I still probably am leaning towards EG but I like Naded/Legit so I kinda hope they all do well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

what new names came from the AGL's with H4? 

Correct me if I'm wrong but Gabriel, Absolutely, Nemassist, Aries, and like all the players on Pure started to come up during the H4 AGL scene.

Dont want to bash Salot but the new Simplex has huge fps drops.

And I think we should play different maps this time. I dont want to see remakes of Pit, Narrows, Simplex, Midship or Onslaught...

Past games: 30fps, lower res

New game: 60fps, higher res.

Doesn't matter that we're on a new system, it can't keep up with the higher demand in Forge at a constant 60.

WE NEED WORKING OCCLUDERS

• Upvote (+1) 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but Gabriel, Absolutely, Nemassist, Aries, and like all the players on Pure started to come up during the H4 AGL scene.

Many of those players made t16 in reach, I think. Not 100% sure though. I remember watching streams for pure a lot in reach.

Am I the only one who would welcome an Onslaught remake? I loved that map in H3. If it's done right I think it would be fun.

I played on one last night.. it's exactly what I expected it to be.. mindless linear aggression. Then there was another map confined that we tried out which just looked like a horrible Narrows clone but shittier. Those kids claimed that they wanted to practice those maps because they're heavily favored to be in the settings.

I want to give H2A a shot but just how much more am I going to enjoy these maps in 2014 as I did in 2005/2008.. it's so boring already.

I played on one last night.. it's exactly what I expected it to be.. mindless linear aggression. Then there was another map confined that we tried out which just looked like a horrible Narrows clone but shittier. Those kids claimed that they wanted to practice those maps because they're heavily favored to be in the settings.

I want to give H2A a shot but just how much more am I going to enjoy these maps in 2014 as I did in 2005/2008.. it's so boring already.

Those are all Salot's maps and as we all know he can't create anything original unless it is a piece of shit (Taiga).

Let's hope Diesel contacted the forgers that I mentioned earlier in this thread and gets to give some feedback to them with some pro's and we'll be sure have unique solid maps in the settings.

Note though, I'm not saying that pro's know what a good map is, but when pro's like maps they will have a higher chance of getting in the spotlight and thus getting the attention of Bravo & co.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Those are all Salot's maps and as we all know he can't create anything original unless it is a piece of shit (Taiga).

Let's hope Diesel contacted the forgers that I mentioned earlier in this thread and gets to give some feedback to them with some pro's and we'll be sure have unique solid maps in the settings.

Note though, I'm not saying that pro's know what a good map is, but when pro's like maps they will have a higher chance of getting in the spotlight and thus getting the attention of Bravo & co.

I seriously have no idea how to play confined or w/e. I tried playing it like narrows and it didn't really work, but the LoS were so odd to me. I tried holding top mid looking at either sides and closing off the ramps but was getting shot from players on their side spawns who were like crouching behind the trees/bushes. The kids on onslaught would spawn one of their bottom dumps, and could 4 top A or top B easily without even standing on their dump.

I mean, doing literally nothing but running to enemies base over and over and over in a linear manner attempting to team shot is fun and diverse right? (we were playing CTF on both maps)

good luck forgers, you have to convince pro's to try your maps but you have to convince anyone and their mom who are trying the HCS that we should be pushing for more diverse maps and gameplay. All these kids just want onslaught clones.

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Tubmas 100% wrong. 

Nemassist t32 Dallas '11.
Absolutely t32 Providence '11

Gabriel t12 Anaheim '11 placing pro for the first time at Dallas 2011.

Aries t8 Orlando '11 getting his first pro placing in 2009. 

Pure:

TreyTri t12 Raleigh '11 and Cbus 2012.

Hunter Jjx placed too many times to count, starting in Halo 2.

HK Mario placed pro at Anaheim 2009 with Take Respect. 

Platinum t12 Raleigh '11 with TreyTri.

These were all established MLG competitors with points, by the time AGL came around. 

@@Teapot I totally agree. That's why I've been playing so much Halo 1 these past few weeks and its literally been the most fun I've had in years.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Onslaught was one of my fave gametypes in h3 always had fun playing it and wouldn't mind seeing it return. Would love to see some new maps looked at too so we can get some fresh gameplay for ourselves.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah that's why I said correct me if I'm wrong because I was probably wrong lol. But to me they were not household names until AGL. Top 32 doesn't really qualify as being a "name" imo. Just my opinion though.

• Upvote (+1) 1