CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Third: Riot constantly make balance decisions based off trends within the pro scene, whether it be based off a high champion pick rate or a champion unexpectedly becoming successful in a role they did not intend the champion to play (fucking Support Annie, goddamnit). Although they occasionally balance for lower elo problems, the majority of balance decisions are based off high level gameplay. Even if the pro players are not directly commenting on what champions are overpowered, the balance changes are based off the pro player feedback of their gameplay and in-game decisions alone.

So riot makes gameplay changes intending to break up a stale meta without having the pros tell them directly to nerf one champ or another, change one bush size or another, make dragon give buffs instead of gold, etc...

I wish MLG had taken a similar approach to their settings development in the past, and I hope HCS looks similar to LCS in this regard.

I dont think they care how good CE is

Correct. So it isn't actually #indescribable so much as they just don't care.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

When did I do that? with my reply to Ryanoobs tweet about the flag thing? I didn't know he was talking about anyone specific I was just stating that the flag "glitch" isn't really that awful. It's pretty easy to avoid if it's on your mind. 343 has more pressing issues at hand to be honest, but if it gets fixed that's even better. If Tyler see's this and took offense to that I'm sorry I honestly wasn't calling anyone an idiot I was just replying to a tweet. I don't know what he said about me as a player or communicator but i'm glad that he would say something like that. I've been putting in a lot of time and feel like i'm really good hopefully I can continue to play like this throughout the season. 

Also this could be my first serious post I feel weird goodbye.

This is weird, I don't ever want to see a real post like this again. Knock it off man. It's like you actually have feelings or emotions or are an actual human and not a Robot.

You don't have to apologize to some random forum scrub, if he actually took offense (which I doubt he did) then you could talk to him lol I don't think Ninja has ever been on Team Beyond has he? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

When did I do that? with my reply to Ryanoobs tweet about the flag thing? I didn't know he was talking about anyone specific I was just stating that the flag "glitch" isn't really that awful. It's pretty easy to avoid if it's on your mind. 343 has more pressing issues at hand to be honest, but if it gets fixed that's even better. If Tyler see's this and took offense to that I'm sorry I honestly wasn't calling anyone an idiot I was just replying to a tweet. I don't know what he said about me as a player or communicator but i'm glad that he would say something like that. I've been putting in a lot of time and feel like i'm really good hopefully I can continue to play like this throughout the season. 

Also this could be my first serious post I feel weird goodbye.

Holy shit... is this Lethul being... m.. ma....cough... mature??? I kind of like it.

I... don't know what to think anymore... which way is up?! is blue really blue or is it your green?! This isn't real life!

• Upvote (+1) 2

So are all players required to compete in the Iron Gaming FFA seeding event? Might be super interesting to watch some good FFA action if that's so.

Mind = Effin blown,

That Strongside and Walshy casting duo was pretty darn good. If they cast anymore Peggle, I'll watch it.

Haha glad you enjoyed. It was actually the highlight of the tournament, just because everyone was dying of laughter.

Also, #Hype

• Upvote (+1) 5

Good move imo for Denial to pick up Ryanoob in place of Reliable. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Haha glad you enjoyed. It was actually the highlight of the tournament, just because everyone was dying of laughter.

Also, #Hype

please....no...this has to be a  fake tease....

So are all players required to compete in the Iron Gaming FFA seeding event? Might be super interesting to watch some good FFA action if that's so.

No, I guess you could compare them to online or combine points back in the day. If you get 1 point as a team in the HCS Cup on Sunday, it's greater than 1,000 FFA points so it isn't completely necessary to compete in it. It will still help, though - if your team loses Round 1 Sunday you would have 0 HCS points. If no one on your team competes in the FFA, you would be seeded randomly as opposed to having some FFA points and having a middle of the pack seed. 

TL;DR HCS points > FFA points > No points (Random Seed for Iron Gaming)

• Upvote (+1) 2

So west coast players are fucked again when it comes to events.

Isnt the esl studios in los angeles?

That would be awesome for FB to come back for one event, If gamers outreach tournament becomes a HCS event i doubt ogre 2 would leave his team and lose all of his teams points to play on final boss for 1 event. 

I have a feeling G4G will become a low-tier HCS event, which would mean pro teams would probably go (including ours). They would probably do an exhibition type thing for FB similar to what was done with Triggers Down vs. Str8 Rippin at the Halo 4 pre-launch tourney. We were all on different teams but we played together on Friday night in an exhibition game and it was fun despite the fact that most of them had played the game already and none of us had.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where's Neighbour at?

I thought he said on stream he would be competing?

He can't compete at HCS events. He's an employee of 343 and is therefore ineligible.

However, if there were a throwback CE, H2, or H3 event (or even an unsanctioned H2A event) he could compete.

I recommend everyone read the HCS Handbook if you haven't already. http://bit.ly/1yjsyYl

• Upvote (+1) 1

He can't compete at HCS events. He's an employee of 343 and is therefore ineligible.

However, if there were a throwback CE, H2, or H3 event (or even an unsanctioned H2A event) he could compete.

I recommend everyone read the HCS Handbook if you haven't already. http://bit.ly/1yjsyYl

They are allowed to play, but there is some stipulations for them. Not sure if they're going to though.

I have a feeling G4G will become a low-tier HCS event, which would mean pro teams would probably go (including ours). They would probably do an exhibition type thing for FB similar to what was done with Triggers Down vs. Str8 Rippin at the Halo 4 pre-launch tourney. We were all on different teams but we played together on Friday night in an exhibition game and it was fun despite the fact that most of them had played the game already and none of us had.  :lxthul:

The Red Wings are out of town the weekend you finally come to Michigan :(

Hope you were able to read my post from a few days back. Not even looking to discuss or debate it here since I've been OT enough.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Red Wings are out of town the weekend you finally come to Michigan :(

I always check hockey or baseball teams' schedules before I go to events in a city. I'm usually busy but it is something I try to do before / after the event. The Islanders were in LA on November 6th but we were busy doing CLG stuff lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

please....no...this has to be a  fake tease....

;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would want to see a CE tourney happen. Especially the names on the list that OG2 made, the Four Horsemen Missigno etc etc. It'd also be cool if the current crop of pros could take shot at the CE pros and see if they could stack up

• Upvote (+1) 2