CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ogre 1 already replied that he'd be highly interested so it's probably water under the bridge by now. Would link but I'm on mobile.

OMG HYPE!  :walshy: I would assume Strongside would be in as well if they are doing a 2007 reunion. It would be cool to see Sayain again as well though. :)

finalbosslogo.jpg

OMG HYPE!  :walshy: I would assume Strongside would be in as well if they are doing a 2007 reunion. It would be cool to see Sayain again as well though. :)

finalbosslogo.jpg

SS is definitely a possibility

• Upvote (+1) 1

finalbosslogo.jpg

SS came last year for the Peggle tournament.

We need to Pro backs to bring back our lost hype! 

I hope the Pro's can pull through for us.

It's great to see some people on here who aren't afraid to say something that isn't 100% positive about Halo CE! Unfortunately, the vast majority of people here just superpraise the game because they want to look cool for their king, Cursed Lemon. The miniscule amount of people who played it want to feel as though they are some elite class of humans with special genetic traits that allow them to play the game, which is supposedly so skillful that no others could even touch it. What they don't realize is that, like Ryanoob said, if it were the main HCS game, we'd all be getting good at it just like any other Halo game.

I don't doubt that it could be the most skillful Halo game, but the way people talk about it and devalue the other games is just so annoying.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That would be awesome for FB to come back for one event, If gamers outreach tournament becomes a HCS event i doubt ogre 2 would leave his team and lose all of his teams points to play on final boss for 1 event. 

Its understandable that forgers want to help the scene and make maps, but its not great for the competitive scene if they are made by those with no knowledge of high level play and try to be creative/asymmetrically unbalanced, which is why we should stick with the forge maps that have actually worked, like Simplex and Onslaught. Or if not, then just stick with the 3 dev maps for the casual viewers.

I believe that was my point

There was a Peggle tournament?!?!?!?!?!?

Dude you need to watch it! Peggle World Championship, you can compete this year at G4G, come out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNqWNOete4E

That would be awesome for FB to come back for one event, If gamers outreach tournament becomes a HCS event i doubt ogre 2 would leave his team and lose all of his teams points to play on final boss for 1 event. 

G4G falls on the same weekend as the Open Cup, which offers no points, just cash. FYI.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Iron gaming should probably never run an online tournament again, what a joke.

Same with that Winntur guy. Cancer to the community. 

And then fucking Lethul calling Ninja an idiot on twitter, meanwhile earlier ninja was giving him praise for being the best player/communicator in halo right now.

Has the pro scene always been this shit?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Somebody find Saiyan!  Where is he?

Can StrongSide even play in any of these tournaments?  Can any of the 343i guys because of their job contract?

Iron gaming should probably never run an online tournament again, what a joke.

Same with that Winntur guy. Cancer to the community. 

And then fucking Lethul calling Ninja an idiot on twitter, meanwhile earlier ninja was giving him praise for being the best player/communicator in halo right now.

Has the pro scene always been this shit?

Do you really think they are serious?

Also whats wrong with this ig event?

I'll help you out

H3:

Construct:

Going mid gold on, gives your team the worst spawn. 

Going for sniper will likely give your team bottom sword spawns, ready to get destroyed.

Guardian:

Going bottom green unnecessarily will likely force Green spawns

Pit:

Going for snipe, you're looking at court spawns aka the worst

These are just at the very top of my head. There are many others

uhhh.....spawns aren't nearly as important in h3 as they are in h1, because you have full control over them in the latter game. Being in those positions in H3 don't always guarantee your teammates will spawn there, not even close. They can still spawn on other parts of the map, even if there were no negative influences (deaths, enemies) in those areas.

• Upvote (+1) 3

uhhh.....spawns aren't nearly as important in h3 as they are in h1, because you have full control over them in the latter game. Being in those positions in H3 don't always guarantee your teammates will spawn there, not even close. They can still spawn on other parts of the map, even if there were no negative influences (deaths, enemies) in those areas.

I don't think most people realize the level of control you have over your teammates spawns in Halo 1. It's completely unmatched in any of the other Halos.

Please add

Evolve: Skai, Cito, Mortal, ?

Thanks a million!

We are looking for one!

That Strongside and Walshy casting duo was pretty darn good. If they cast anymore Peggle, I'll watch it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Diesel please do contact these forgers and gather some pro's that are actually willing to have an open mind for new maps and are able to provide solid feedback. Not just trashing a map, but providing clear explanations as to why they feel something should be changed about the map.

I realize I'm a bit late in responding, but I haven't had time until now.  First off, thanks for mentioning my map.  I'm not a self promoter, but I'm grateful for the shout out.  Second, I'm with you in your choices of thefro3po and Goat.  I'm very much looking forward to the finished versions of their maps.  There are many others that deserve to be named as well, but that's not the purpose of my post.

I want to talk just a little bit about feedback since it's been a subject of debate in this thread recently, and because I think there is a great misunderstanding between 'forgers' and 'players' regarding what "giving feedback" actually means. 

I've always been extremely open to feedback on my map, and have frequently made changes as a result of feedback.  However, I don't accept feedback unquestioningly.  There are things I look at when considering the validity of any feedback that's given to me.  First is the players ability to be observant.  I realize that's a fairly vague statement, and it's often difficult to determine.  Without getting into specifics regarding what I mean when I talk about a players ability to be observant, I'll just say that I feel confident that anyone who plays the game at a fairly high level will meet this standard (though they certainly aren't the only people that do).  Second is the players ability to explain what they observe/experience.  Sometimes I can read through the lines enough that this isn't super important, but for other forgers this may be vital.

I will never change a design without understanding why the change is being suggested, and agreeing that the change may possibly be beneficial.  Zanno provided some good examples of poor feedback earlier.  While I don't share his cynical attitude towards pro players, I agree that feedback that consists only of 'remove this', 'add that', or anything of the like, is simply not very helpful.  What IS helpful is an explanation of the gameplay experience that resulted in that suggestion.  For example, if someone says I should remove a Sniper, I'm not going to simply remove it, regardless of who is giving that feedback.  If, on the other hand, someone says that they felt it was too easy to use the Sniper, then I'll start to be open minded towards making changes.  If someone says that a particular line of sight is too long or too wide, or that a particular vantage point is too advantageous, then I'm going to seriously consider making changes.  However, at that point it will be obvious (at least to me) that the problem lies not with the fact that there is a Sniper on the map, but with the structure of the map itself. Removing the Sniper upon request, without digging deeper to determine why the removal was requested, would have eliminated a symptom without eliminating the root cause (which would've continued to negatively impact the way the map plays, just in less obvious ways).

And this brings me to the crux of the problem that arises when players and forgers interact...

Players are accustomed to playing on maps "as they are".  Therefore, they tend to frame their feedback from a perspective of "what can be done to make the map play better without changing the design of the map" (even if they don't realize they're doing that).  Sometimes they may be able to suggest adding or removing a railing, or shortening or extending a wall, but the ability to conceptualize anything beyond that is quite rare.  This is why feedback from players often consists of phrases like 'it just doesn't work', or 'you need to add/remove this weapon', or 'the spawning sucks', or 100 other phrases that have been said over the years.  Players often have a great awareness of what's 'wrong' with the gameplay on a map.  This is good.  This is a necessary skill for them to be able to provide forgers the feedback they need to be able to improve their designs.  However, what players should be doing is explaining the gameplay problems they experience rather than offering solutions.

I think there is often a feeling from players (regardless of their skill level) that 'giving feedback' means they have to offer suggestions or critiques on a map.  From a forgers perspective this is not very helpful (though sometimes we can read between the lines and get something of value).  What is of great value to forgers is simply an explanation of the gameplay experience.  Not something as simple as 'it was fun', or 'it sucked'.  Something with even a little bit of depth to it is better.  "It was too difficult to cross this area of the map", or 'I was able to camp here with this weapon and nobody could stop me', or 'the game was really slow because I didn't feel like there was any reason to move'.  Of course, more depth and detail than that would be just grand, but even this type of feedback is far more useful to a forger than telling them to remove the Sniper.

Just a little perspective on feedback from a forger who's both given and received a ton of it over the years...

• Upvote (+1) 9

When did I do that? with my reply to Ryanoobs tweet about the flag thing? I didn't know he was talking about anyone specific I was just stating that the flag "glitch" isn't really that awful. It's pretty easy to avoid if it's on your mind. 343 has more pressing issues at hand to be honest, but if it gets fixed that's even better. If Tyler see's this and took offense to that I'm sorry I honestly wasn't calling anyone an idiot I was just replying to a tweet. I don't know what he said about me as a player or communicator but i'm glad that he would say something like that. I've been putting in a lot of time and feel like i'm really good hopefully I can continue to play like this throughout the season. 

Also this could be my first serious post I feel weird goodbye.

Why aren't you trolling? gtfo here nub. 

#indescribable

I dont think they care how good CE is when the likes of Ryanoob, Heinz and Diesel dominate the games with more competition.