CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

On top of fumble glitch, there was a newly introduced pickup bug that makes juggling very difficult. Working to get these updated ASAP, targeting pre-Columbus.

Awesome. 

Is there any chance for Ball play (lol) at IGC? Some oddball would be amazing to watch. 

Imported???

That would be dope. But with him being in canada and all its would just be too up in the air. 

Awesome. 

Is there any chance for Ball play (lol) at IGC? Some oddball would be amazing to watch. 

At some point I thought about adding to the conversation but then you said "ball play" and I chuckled. 

Yes, I'm a child.

• Upvote (+1) 4

At some point I thought about adding to the conversation but then you said "ball play" and I chuckled. 

Yes, I'm a child.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ball play    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That would be dope. But with him being in canada and all its would just be too up in the air.

Does he still play? I havent seen him online in like 3 years.

Does he still play? I havent seen him online in like 3 years.

Im not too sure. I know MazeMent still plays because we always play when he's online. But i actually dont know about imported

I'll be honest, I only watched the Dammy one. I've seen them both before but for this comment I'm just going to apply modern Halo strats compared to things talked about in the video.

0:00-0:15 He talks about trying to cut off opponents and getting to weapons/power ups. You do this in literally every Halo off initial spawns. He does nade down camo, something other games didn't really have. But you could argue the need to set up and outshoot your opponents instead of just blowing weapons wherever you want them takes just as much skill.

0:16-0:33 He says that if you can't get cloak, it's good to at least kill the cloak guy so they don't have it. Sounds like good advice in any Halo game.

0:34-0:43 Controlling green room is apparently really good? Sounds like controlling positions in literally any Halo game.

0:44-57 They know where one enemy is and are trying to throw grenades where they think the other person will spawn. If you know where enemies are in other Halo games you know where you want to be attacking. In terms of spawns, you have more than just an enemy position to think of when trying to figure out where someone will spawn. There's a lot of factors about where a person may spawn and a player has to consider all of them when thinking about where they should go next and where the opposing team will end up. Just because you don't control your teammates spawns directly, doesn't mean there's no influence and spawns are just random, good players can still figure out where someone may spawn.

1:20-1:25 Missingno's teammate gives him a random spawn. To be fair this doesn't really exist in other Halo's due to the 4v4 mechanic kind of ruining it. But you could argue that instead of the task being put on your teammates, the burden of ability is placed on the enemy team because they can still try to calculate where you'll spawn next based on current knowledge. I would also say that this type of skill is more dynamic because it isn't memorizing positions, it's trying to figure out all the variables at hand and make an estimation based on that.

1:30-1:35 He throws grenades on a platform in case the enemy runs through there. You can still predict grenade throws in newer Halo games in terms of trying to grenade spawns or just places you think the enemy is.

1:39-1:45 Pushing from different directions sounds like a good tactic in every Halo game. Split pushes and shooting from different vantage points didn't change just because it isn't CE anymore.

1:46-1:50 Missingno spawns his teammate in a bad position. Nothing I can really compare that to in modern Halo. I do think that due to the change of 4v4 though you could argue that your teammates should be in positions to either help you, or be scoping out other parts of the map to see where an enemy spawned. Again removing the burden of ability from the team down a player and putting it on the team up one.

I'll stop here. I love CE a ton, but to dumb down other Halo's is insulting I think.

This.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, I'm a child.

:P

I've played with good players in CE and kept up. (people who go to Ogre lans. I know this is arguable, but I don't think the game is complex as everyone thinks and if HCS was H1, give us 2-3 months and we'll be on par with the best CE players.)

I've played in a high level of StarCraft

I've played in a very high level of Dota

In all of my time in gaming, no one knows or understands the intricacies of their game like the players at the top. The forum kids, the casters, the amateurs, all don't understand and can't describe the way everything(almost anything) is at the highest level.

As I said earlier, we can't describe everything because it is indescribable!

except most of the time pros don't even understand the game. There are people who think the br in halo3 is a 5shot, there are people who think no bloom means no skill. 

and no, i've seen some posts from high level ce players and they, including the people who played with, were all laughing at you for your first sentence. 

why are there only 16 teams? wait can you not show up at the door? 

I think you only have until friday to buy passes

1:46-1:50 Missingno spawns his teammate in a bad position. Nothing I can really compare that to in modern Halo. I do think that due to the change of 4v4 though you could argue that your teammates should be in positions to either help you, or be scoping out other parts of the map to see where an enemy spawned. Again removing the burden of ability from the team down a player and putting it on the team up one.

I'll help you out

H3:

Construct:

Going mid gold on, gives your team the worst spawn. 

Going for sniper will likely give your team bottom sword spawns, ready to get destroyed.

Guardian:

Going bottom green unnecessarily will likely force Green spawns

Pit:

Going for snipe, you're looking at court spawns aka the worst

These are just at the very top of my head. There are many others

• Upvote (+1) 1

Get HYPE!!! This would be so cool if this happened.

I would even pull out my old FB hat i got forever ago...... 

My favorite e-sports team ever that got me into watching professional gaming, never felt like we got a proper goodbye this would be awesome. #FB4Life

I am not sure if Walshy+Ogre 1(in particular) are on good terms though or not, but I would assume they are since its been so long and they accomplished so much together as a trio.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll help you out

H3:

Construct:

Going mid gold on, gives your team the worst spawn. 

Going for sniper will likely give your team bottom sword spawns, ready to get destroyed.

Guardian:

Going bottom green unnecessarily will likely force Green spawns

Pit:

Going for snipe, you're looking at court spawns aka the worst

These are just at the very top of my head. There are many others

ah yes, I can't count the number of times my teammate has died at snipe on construct and spawned at snipe on construct while I was being shot while at snipe on construct

/sarcasm

hell even when if I wasn't being shot at while on snipe, my teammate still wouldn't spawn there after he died there.

hell even if he didnt die there, there is no 100% guarantee he will spawn near snipe if I'm the only one alive. 

ah yes, I can't count the number of times my teammate has died at snipe on construct and spawned at snipe on construct while I was being shot while at snipe on construct

/sarcasm

hell even when if I wasn't being shot at while on snipe, my teammate still wouldn't spawn there after he died there.

hell even if he didnt die there, there is no 100% guarantee he will spawn near snipe if I'm the only one alive. 

Not sure if you're talking about Vanilla H3, but I'm talking about MLG.

I should have made that clear, because if you talk to anyone who played high level H3, they will tell you especially in Construct King, going to snipe spawn and mid gold when your team is 3 down is literally the worst idea on the planet.

Not sure if you're talking about Vanilla H3, but I'm talking about MLG.

I should have made that clear, because if you talk to anyone who played high level H3, they will tell you especially in Construct King, going to snipe spawn and mid gold when your team is 3 down is literally the worst idea on the planet.

sigh... It doesn't matter if its vanilla h3 or mlg. I have never died at snipe below sword and spawned anywhere in the vicinity. I have never died and spawned so closely to my X unless im playing a custom game with 3 spawns.

also going to snipe spawn and mid gold when your team is 3(all) down is not a situation similar to 1:40 in that video. 

if construct was a halo 1 map and i stood at snipe, my teammates would always spawn there no matter what. They could get killed there 10x in a row, but guess what the 11th spawn will still be snipe. This is not the case in halo3, 2, r, or 4. Hence why you can't compare it to any halo...except halo2a because you can replicate the spawning system but its still very new.

My favorite e-sports team ever that got me into watching professional gaming, never felt like we got a proper goodbye this would be awesome. #FB4Life

I am not sure if Walshy+Ogre 1(in particular) are on good terms though or not, but I would assume they are since its been so long and they accomplished so much together as a trio.

Ogre 1 already replied that he'd be highly interested so it's probably water under the bridge by now. Would link but I'm on mobile.

sigh... It doesn't matter if its vanilla h3 or mlg. I have never died at snipe below sword and spawned anywhere in the vicinity. I have never died and spawned so closely to my X unless im playing a custom game with 3 spawns.

also going to snipe spawn and mid gold when your team is 3(all) down is not a situation similar to 1:40 in that video. 

if construct was a halo 1 map and i stood at snipe, my teammates would always spawn there no matter what. This is not the case in halo3, 2, r, or 4. Hence why you can't compare it to any halo...except halo2a because you can replicate the spawning system but its still very new.

I was referring to the portion that stated going to a bad place and giving your teammate a bad spawn.

It's not 100% but its around 90% if you go to snipe spawn in king and your team is 3 down, you will spawn there. 

even more hype

Walsh please dont tease, I would actually attend the event if this happens.

even more hype

All I can say is...Im working on it!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why do maps/settings need the pro seal of approval?

Riot doesn't consult pros before making updates to leage.

I'm still catching up on a day's worth of back and forth, but I wanted to jump in and point out this is WHOLLY incorrect.

First and foremost: Their "Game Analyst" (basically, QA for giving feedback specific to how a change in a game will affect the game) team is made up almost entirely of players with high MMR.  Literally every change that is considered is put into the hands of a player who either was pro or was high enough in ranking to have potentially gone pro if they ha tried.  Even some of the Live Design (read: Game Balance) team are former high MMR players, though some are simply other game designers from the industry.

Second: In the offseason between Season 3 and Season 4, where Riot was wholly revamping their vision system (to include trinkets) and their support gold income system (with new items for supports), Riot brought in professional players from EVERY REGION to play together on the changes they'd put together and give feedback on how to redirect the changes for the health of the game.  They LITERALLY brought in pros to play on it and ask if it worked for them.

Third: Riot constantly make balance decisions based off trends within the pro scene, whether it be based off a high champion pick rate or a champion unexpectedly becoming successful in a role they did not intend the champion to play (fucking Support Annie, goddamnit).  Although they occasionally balance for lower elo problems, the majority of balance decisions are based off high level gameplay.  Even if the pro players are not directly commenting on what champions are overpowered, the balance changes are based off the pro player feedback of their gameplay and in-game decisions alone.

• Upvote (+1) 3