CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Bro, that shit's #indescribable.

or like the mvp of this thread @@Teapot said..."it doesn't exist"

If we play CE then I doubt HCS would get any viewer numbers.

hush

If we play CE then I doubt HCS would get any viewer numbers.

Guess we'll never know, but HCS picking up CE isn't what we're talking about.

Rather, we're pointing out how the pros don't know how to objectivley rank the competitive merit of game mechanics, which Ryanoob has proven several times in this thread alone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

hmmm ill have to check it out then.

PGL is awesome. Definitely check it out, the structure and setup is significantly better than GB 

The best thing about the site is the chats in the individual ladders. You can get scrims almost instantly, it's really nice.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Excited to see people talking about new maps. A variety of maps = more fun to watch, more fun to play.

Excited to see people talking about new maps. A variety of maps = more fun to watch, more fun to play.

Indeed, wont be until season 2 when they get implement.

Wait CTF isn't in the rotation? Why not? 

I wonder if the flag drop glitch that was at the Pre Launch event still exists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks for refering to me @@Sam.

I would like to take this opportunity to put a few forgers in the spotlight that deserve the attention as they are humble, creative and excellent forgers. I am positive that they would appreciate the feedback from pro players and take it serious. Also they would be very capable of explaining their intentions of gameplay for the design of their map. Alongside that they are building some very unique maps right now.

The first one would be @@a Chunk

Chunk is one of the more known forgers and has been an active forger for quite some time now. He is the person that leaves very good feedback on maps for both newer and experienced forgers.

He is currently working on a remake of his map Epicenter. A video is below in the spoiler.

http://s807.photobucket.com/user/jtjubert/media/Forge/BottomGold_zps6b1f9cd2.jpg.html

Second person would @@thefro3po

Another veteran forger which keeps bringing very unique designs to the world. Another person who would take the feedback very well.

He is currently working on Cerberus which has been in development since H3 I believe. It's a very unique 3-base map.

http://s38.photobucket.com/user/thefro3po/media/Cerberus/CBEE3A9A-D9F2-47F1-9E76-2C12E4A915ED_zps0yqa0i8d.jpg.html

Thread can be found in the spoiler below.

The third person would be @@Goat. From what I know he is a newer forger, but is currently on a beautiful map. I am very impressed with what he has shown thus far and wants to push his designs to the very best.

His map is based on forerunner architecture. I don't have pictures or a video of it as Goat has removed everything, bur believe me it will be an amazing map.

I do realise that this thread isn't meant to promote maps, but these forgers/designs deserve the attention from outside the forge community.

@@Diesel please do contact these forgers and gather some pro's that are actually willing to have an open mind for new maps and are able to provide solid feedback. Not just trashing a map, but providing clear explanations as to why they feel something should be changed about the map.

Thank you for reading.

I really would like to try Epicenter in H2A because it was the only map in H4 that Ricochet actually worked well on. Bomb or oddball could be fun and competitive on this map

pure nonsense

"we can't describe everything because it is indescribable!"

Cool. Can you at least try to explain the depth of halo 3 to 4...give me something outside of "you should push when you have numbers" or "team shoot with another player to secure this area/objective".

Give me something....at least 25% of "secret knowledge" from H3 to H4 compared to what has been shared in h1 videos

I'll be honest, I only watched the Dammy one. I've seen them both before but for this comment I'm just going to apply modern Halo strats compared to things talked about in the video.

0:00-0:15 He talks about trying to cut off opponents and getting to weapons/power ups. You do this in literally every Halo off initial spawns. He does nade down camo, something other games didn't really have. But you could argue the need to set up and outshoot your opponents instead of just blowing weapons wherever you want them takes just as much skill.

0:16-0:33 He says that if you can't get cloak, it's good to at least kill the cloak guy so they don't have it. Sounds like good advice in any Halo game.

0:34-0:43 Controlling green room is apparently really good? Sounds like controlling positions in literally any Halo game.

0:44-57 They know where one enemy is and are trying to throw grenades where they think the other person will spawn. If you know where enemies are in other Halo games you know where you want to be attacking. In terms of spawns, you have more than just an enemy position to think of when trying to figure out where someone will spawn. There's a lot of factors about where a person may spawn and a player has to consider all of them when thinking about where they should go next and where the opposing team will end up. Just because you don't control your teammates spawns directly, doesn't mean there's no influence and spawns are just random, good players can still figure out where someone may spawn.

1:20-1:25 Missingno's teammate gives him a random spawn. To be fair this doesn't really exist in other Halo's due to the 4v4 mechanic kind of ruining it. But you could argue that instead of the task being put on your teammates, the burden of ability is placed on the enemy team because they can still try to calculate where you'll spawn next based on current knowledge. I would also say that this type of skill is more dynamic because it isn't memorizing positions, it's trying to figure out all the variables at hand and make an estimation based on that.

1:30-1:35 He throws grenades on a platform in case the enemy runs through there. You can still predict grenade throws in newer Halo games in terms of trying to grenade spawns or just places you think the enemy is.

1:39-1:45 Pushing from different directions sounds like a good tactic in every Halo game. Split pushes and shooting from different vantage points didn't change just because it isn't CE anymore.

1:46-1:50 Missingno spawns his teammate in a bad position. Nothing I can really compare that to in modern Halo. I do think that due to the change of 4v4 though you could argue that your teammates should be in positions to either help you, or be scoping out other parts of the map to see where an enemy spawned. Again removing the burden of ability from the team down a player and putting it on the team up one.

I'll stop here. I love CE a ton, but to dumb down other Halo's is insulting I think.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Without CTF in the rotation game types are pretty stale. Bomb is so slow in this game, spawns are way too random in KoTH (On lockdown atleast) and slayer is flukey by nature. Really pulling for lockout ball or something. As much as I hate forge maps, they need to throw some into the rotation asap. 

They have to use Oddball and CTF looking at the maps. There's no way around it. They play too well for a map rotation containing Lockout, Sanctuary and Warlock. KotH just isn't as entertaining, at least to me, on the maps provided. Especially Lockout KotH/TS the fuck is that? Play Oddball. Something might be totally broken about CTF and Oddball, which wouldn't be a surprise since everything else is broken, but if they aren't then we're just trying to pick the worst gametypes per map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's broken since it rolls too much. Shame.

throwing the ball is just like on h2 when you toss it and beat it down it is far from broken

I wonder if the flag drop glitch that was at the Pre Launch event still exists.

Nailed it. 343 is working to fix issues with flag running and then hopefully we can play around with it!