CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I see everyone has "Cloud9 Fan" , "Denial Fan" ect.

Do people treat this like football teams, you stick with that team no matter what or do people follow their favourite players?

With so much roster changes it would be hard to stick imo.

Do people treat this like football teams, you stick with that team no matter what or do people follow their favourite players?

People tend to stick with their favorite player/s. It's pretty hard to have a favorite team because of how often team changes happen. However now with this new HCS rule where they are only allowing one team change per season we'll see more people be fans of teams because the teams will have around the same players each event. Like CLG and EG I don't see breaking up for a long time and both have really solid squads, so they could definitely become the next Carbon vs Finsl Boss rivalry.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

OT2: The best "scouts" of talent in the league were Walshy, Shockwave and T2 for the longest time. T2 is better at it and has a longer track record of finding undiscovered talent than Ogre2 imo.

Look at H2 with Foulacy, Fonzi, Mimic, Legit, Naded and Neighbor.

Look at H3 with Snipedown.

Look at Reach with Ryanoob.

Look at the recent ESL with Str8 Sick.

Hadn't Snipedown already placed top 8 with 3 different teams before joining Str8 with T2? (Ambush, Instinct...then won an event with TD before joining Str8).

I'll give you credit on Ryanoob since he only had one non-Combine Top 8 before teaming with T2, although I was a forum kid saying Ryanoob's route-taking in H3 was some of the best I'd seen (back when Lenox/MLG used to upload individual PoVs after every tournament.)

Edit: Shit, I think I was misreading the database.  I think he did have other top 8 performances outside of Combines in H3.  Playing with Warriors and Darkest Hour.

Str8 Sick had 3 top 6 finishes with Chig on Classic.  Also, one of the players on that team was a player Walshy's credited as scouting: Russo.  He'd also been winning like...EVERY Bic Flex4 FFA he could.  Not exactly an unknown talent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Optic picked a pretty bad team tbh. They would be lucky to get top 4

I never thought I'd see the day that C9 and EG picked up Halo teams ... who the eff could have predicted this in 2013

I hope Lethul gets a good org. He has been on a serious grind. Personally I want to see that Infamous line-up from AGL 8(I think that was it). Naded, Lethul, Goofy, Ryanoob. 

Hadn't Snipedown already placed top 8 with 3 different teams before joining Str8 with T2? (Ambush, Instinct...then won an event with TD before joining Str8).

Yes.  He had 1st and 2nd place finishes the two events prior to joining Str8.  It seems extremely silly to me to suggest that T2 "discovered" Snipedown when he was already proving to be a dominant player.

Even if you want to bring up RyaNoob; he picked him up and then immediately dropped him after placing 2nd.  That to me suggests that he only saw RyaNoob as the best option available to him at the time as opposed to a future staple player, otherwise why drop him after a top placing?  RyaNoob outplaced T2 at the first Reach event, so its not like he found some completely random kid either.  Even if you go back to the last season of Halo 3 RyaNoob had 4th and 5th place finishes, both of which were higher placings than any event T2 had that season.

If I started a Youtube series to discuss nightly scrim results / team changes etc, would you guys be interested?

• Upvote (+1) 4

If I started a Youtube series to discuss nightly scrim results / team changes etc, would you guys be interested?

Yes. I like the concept of Power rankings too. Loved seeing it in my paper for High-school hockey (granted I was playing in one of those teams :P).

Yes. I like the concept of Power rankings too. Loved seeing it in my paper for High-school hockey (granted I was playing in one of those teams :P).

That's a good idea! Would probably do those weekly. I know a lot of people don't have time to watch every scrim and know how teams look etc, so I figured this might be a good way to fill people in on what's going on in a pretty concise manner.

I just dont have the passion to play H2a right now, but I really do enjoy watching it. Figured that this way I could still contribute and do something.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Bth team will be sick. aPG and Legit on the same team is not fair.

Provided they practice though. Legit hasn't been on very much recently.

Bth team will be sick. aPG and Legit on the same team is not fair.

Provided they practice though. Legit hasn't been on very much recently.

Hope Curse or Faze sponsors them.

Just out of curiosity, is there a twitch channel that streams the online tournaments with commentary? Similar to the live events. Or has anyone thought of this if it's at all possible?

Just out of curiosity, is there a twitch channel that streams the online tournaments with commentary? Similar to the live events. Or has anyone thought of this if it's at all possible?

As far as I am aware there is no spectator mode so it's not possible. Halo 5 will have spectator mode though so we can look forward to that in the future.

I cheer for CLG because it has players that I really like.

Unyshek was commentating for online tourneys on his twitch channel before MCC came out. He may still do some of them with these sunday online tourneys.

If your going to say that about T2, you have to look at Ogre 2.

Pistola and Heinz were winning events and should have won the National Championship before teaming with Tom.
Snakebite and Royal were in the top 8 for a full season and then placed 2nd at Providence 2011 before they won their first event at Columbus 2012.

Soooo.....
I forgot what we were even comparing again, lol.

PS. My browsers wont let me quote anyone. Did I get punished again or what?

• Upvote (+1) 3