CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

T2 is the man. If you are cool to him, he is cool to you. People act like they know the dude personally. They probably saw that one episode of true life or whatever and have that perception of him still. 

To this day, I consider myself lucky that he was under contract. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Any scrims

Ninja said Cloud9 won't be scrimming til this weekend. Not sure about the other teams, I'm sure some will.

I'm curious, what's the big deal with them in particular ? Im still pretty new to all of the organizations.

TSM are the "Western Fanboys' Golden Idol" so to speak.  They were one of the two "original Giants" in NA League of Legends (CLG was the other.)  However, around the time the scene started blowing up here in NA, CLG went to Korea to compete in OGN Champions (the new Korean league at the time) and get their shit kicked in.  While CLG was in Korea, they were unable to stream on own3d.tv (the big platform at the time) or Twitch due to time zone and infrastructure issues.  So TSM got to be the lone giant in the limelight and bolster their fanbase.

ReginaId (owner of TSM, former mid laner for the team) also started up the website solomid.net with his brother Dan Dinh early on in LoL's life and used it as a source for high elo (ranking) guides to champions/gameplay/etc. which helped get the name out there before the team existed -- at the time, Regi's team was AoN (All or Nothing), but he eventually moved the team under the Team SoloMid brand name for marketing value.

TSM also were the first LoL organization to get a team house, doing so in upstate NY early in S2...and although it was essentially a LoL Frat house, the location allowed them to scrim NA -and- EU teams with relatively low lag, so they got tons of practice.  Also made it easier to have team discussions and such to improve the team.  So they dominated NA tournaments over the next few months (though, they still got their asses beat when they faced top EU teams, such as the Russian powerhouses Moscow 5.

Beyond that, TSM just has a huge fanbase of blind idiots dedicated individuals.  Most of them who stream do so to numbers over 20,000, which is rare among other professional organizations or individuals (Nightblu3 and Trick2g aren't pros but garner that sort of fanbase).

tldr: they're fan favorites because the organization's owner made really smart business practices.

Source: I've been playing League since beta, and followed the competitive scene since its inception.

Edit:

However, I don't expect to see TSM branch into the FPS market.  TSM typically only acquires teams of other MOBAs (currently, I think they only have players in LoL and Smite.)

Cloud 9, although not publicly tied to TSM, is an offshoot of the TSM organization (both Dan Dinh and Jack Etienne, former coach/player and manager respectively of TSM were part of the initial creation of the Cloud 9 brand), and I believe they are typically the branding used for non-MOBA sponsorships and acquisitions.  To support this evidence, Cloud 9 owns some fighting game players, but TSM does not.  I am not sure why TSM does not operate a DotA organization, while Cloud 9 does.

• Upvote (+1) 4

maybe fnatic and complexity will be joining  halo soon.  they were one of the first power house orgs to pick teams up.  now they can just use their names too, they dont have to include the mlg owned teams in their name any more and be forced to use the mlg team name jerseys on main stage.  

Please stop calling orgs sponsors, it's so disrespectful. The org is a business and has its own sponsors, it doesn't do the sponsoring, it gives a brand to a team.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Clutch will set his stream up tomorrow . He also said "they" will be scrimming. No idea what his team might be though. So pumped to have him back. His trash talk was hilarious. Loved his stream

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seeing those posts about T2 made me remember something. What happened to that montage that I think either cj or muggsy was editing? Thought that was supposed to drop on the same day MCC came out.

Question: will teams retain their original names? Will it be like C9 Agency? Or will team's identities be completely swallowed by the organization?

Question: will teams retain their original names? Will it be like C9 Agency? Or will team's identities be completely swallowed by the organization?

The latter. Better exposure for the orgs.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Spartan started off with Adventure Time, placing 2nd at AGL. Then he went on to team with big names like Gabriel and Goofy.  He obviously didn't enjoy it so he went back to his OG crew.

My team is back together, the squad has been finalized thank god! Warp is back baby.

Warp-

Stillmatic

Saintly

Domey

Knighty

Spartan started off with Adventure Time, placing 2nd at AGL. Then he went on to team with big names like Gabriel and Goofy.  He obviously didn't enjoy it so he went back to his OG crew.

My team is back together, the squad has been finalized thank god! Warp is back baby.

Warp-

Stillmatic

Saintly

Domey

Knighty

I remember a friend i know was able to 1v1 domey, of course my friend was bad...like k.d. 0.8 bad. 

But he was so starstrucked he told me to cap card himself being 15-0'd and send it to him lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish T2 had the ability to find bad ass up and coming players like Ogre 2 does. Or just young established players.

He used to be really good at it, and to be honest he probably still is really good at it he just doesn't have the power to pull players to his team like Ogre 2 does. I'd consider Str8 Sick one of those players to be honest, so we'll see how that goes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, Domey is incredible. He has quite the fan base on Youtube and after his 2 FFA wins he's pretty much solidified himself as a big up and comer in the community

OT: We played Bonfire on Sanc and he was ripping face at his callout. =D (it was awesome)
"Bonfire blained me from Bon"

OT2: The best "scouts" of talent in the league were Walshy, Shockwave and T2 for the longest time. T2 is better at it and has a longer track record of finding undiscovered talent than Ogre2 imo.

Look at H2 with Foulacy, Fonzi, Mimic, Legit, Naded and Neighbor.
Look at H3 with Snipedown.
Look at Reach with Ryanoob.
Look at the recent ESL with Str8 Sick.