CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

because he's a vocal guy, sometimes comes off as an asshole/cocky. I personally like his "passionate" leadership style, its entertaining. plus, he knows how to win

and i forgot to mention that he complains/whines at his team after losses and stuff. But then again, a lot of other pros are like that

I dont hate him at all. He's the reason Str8 Rippin exists. He's actually one of my favorite players honestly. Str8 Rippin means more to me than Tsquared though.

Oh...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think they would be more likely to pick up a big European Halo team. They are based in Sweden and looking through their team list, they seem to only grab people there. 

Oh alright I'm not too familiar with them so I wasn't sure or not. I suppose Faze, TSM, Curse, or even Envyus would be more likely to pick up BtH then.

Also, some orgs allow both... Like C9.Agency or a variation like that.

Problem with this is that most people will just refer to the team as "The Agency" even if their official name is "C9 Agency". Which is bad exposure for the org. I mean how many people including commentators said "Eon Instinct" or "Reign Ambush"? Not many. So, I think the trend will stay with teams just changing them names to the org's.

Also, to people who were wondering who Buckness is. Here's a little article that interviews him. The first part goes over a little about his career. He was a good friend of Karma's and he just recently went through some serious surgery. 

http://www.gameskinny.com/tq2kt/esports-expert-buckness-sees-a-level-playing-field-for-female-gamers

Wonder how the Curse/Agency stuff fell through, because I assumed a few days ago that was locked in.

From reading this Ninja interview, it sounds to me like they were going to join Curse but then Cloud9 jumped in and they simply decided to go with Cloud9 instead:

"I was actually very surprised we were approached, Buckness came to Hysteria, Fearitself, and Victoryx on twitter informing them that Cloud 9 was very interested in a halo team, when we heard this we had to put all things on hold and reconsider."

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't be the only one that doesn't  want a bunch of teams to just have the names of their sponsors.

These aren't "sponsors", they are full-out organizations with infrastructure behind them.  This is the future of competitive gaming, we are well past just a name and a logo with nothing behind it.

?

Am I missing something here? Dont Teams usually mean more than just individual players?

It's just how you phrased it. It looks like Str8 Rippin means more to you personally than what it means to Tsquared personally.

It's just how you phrased it. It looks like Str8 Rippin means more to you personally than what it means to Tsquared personally.

Ah gotcha! That makes sense now. Tweaked it to sound better.

So good to see all these big orgs coming through for Halo. It makes me excited for the future. Now all we need is a working game and we're golden.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If Str8 Rippin had a better roster then I could totally see them get picked by TSM. I'm loving all these bigger Organizations joining though. Cloud 9 joining the scene was a surprise to me.

Elevate vs denial...Yeah that sounds so fucking exciting. Trashcan names. Sure they are sponsors, but please take more than 10 seconds to think of a interesting and powerful sounding name.

• Downvote (-1) 6

Final Boss is the best team name I've personally ever heard, and I hate that team. You knew they would be the Final Boss at the end of the competition every single tournament.

These aren't "sponsors", they are full-out organizations with infrastructure behind them.  This is the future of competitive gaming, we are well past just a name and a logo with nothing behind it.

Very true, ask a fan of professional gaming who wasn't part of the MLG scene what The Agency, FB, Carbon, Str8,SQ,ect.. was and they probably wont be able to tell you especially nowadays. Those were MLG Household team names and I am fine with leaving that history behind us because Halo is no longer in MLG and needs to expand its audience beyond MLG to succeed.

However, these multi-game organizations have tons of fans from all different types of games, almost every e-sport fan probably knows what Evil Geniuses or Cloud 9 is. Plus, with the way the HCS and these big organizations are set up, they encourage the player's to stream constantly and give them new opportunities to market themselves, basically they will bring some professionalism to the scene. Since the HCS rules only allow like one team change per season, we are sure to see these teams sticking together for a long time which is awesome for fans like me who wish for the return of the intense H2 team rivalry days.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Elevate vs denial...Yeah that sounds so fucking exciting. Trashcan names. Sure they are sponsors, but please take more than 10 seconds to think of a interesting and powerful sounding name.

Your team name should be ignorance

• Upvote (+1) 2

Cloud 9 vs CLG sounds pretty cool to me. Probably because I watch league

• Upvote (+1) 3

Who is The Agency's manger? I've never seen / heard of him before

b076fe01db0f8881e8ab2201a2805157.png

All the players look like they got a picture taken specificly for the team or just a more professional looking pic, and then FiS has some selfie pic from facebook? :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm curious, what's the big deal with them in particular ? Im still pretty new to all of the organizations.

They are a big League of Legends team/company. Their fan base is huge.

T2 is the man. If you are cool to him, he is cool to you. People act like they know the dude personally. They probably saw that one episode of true life or whatever and have that perception of him still. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm curious, what's the big deal with them in particular ? Im still pretty new to all of the organizations.

Cloud 9 is a huge Organization. They have a League of Legends(Top 3 in the US), Counter Strike(best American team basically), and a decent DOTA 2 team. CLG is newer team, their League of Legends is one of the best in the business(gonna be even better in Season 5). CLG is a bit of a new kid but Cloud 9 has been at this eSports thing for a long time.

T2 is the man. If you are cool to him, he is cool to you. People act like they know the dude personally. They probably saw that one episode of true life or whatever and have that perception of him still. 

Yeah he grew up a lot in the last 10 years, he's not a wigga anymore. It's looks like he's growing more into the mentor role these days.

• Upvote (+1) 1