CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Strongside in a tweet reply recently said that competing isn't out of the question. 

What would be absolutely insane, although I don't know how plausible it is, is if 343 themselves sponsored a pro team. Neighbor, Strongside, Ghost, etc ?!? that would be so fun to watch

Now that would be a conflict of interest.

honestly watching str8 rippin scrim with a rather unknown guy is refreshing and good for the game. I mean we have had pretty much the same CORE group of pros for all of halo. Pros join and leave other pros teams and remain at the top of the placings because well, they have been pros for awhile and other players know what they are capable of. New talent is always exciting. 

I would argue that is not true at all. The team that won the last Halo tournament was made up of players that really didn't really get well known until at least Halo 3. The only pros still playing that have been around for pretty much all of Halo are Ogre 2, T2, Naded, Fearitself, and VictoryX.

Not trying to be disrespectful here, but I've litterally never heard of "Temp1st". How did str8 find him/does anyone know who he is?

I would argue that is not true at all. The team that won the last Halo tournament was made up of players that really didn't really get well known until at least Halo 3. The only pros still playing that have been around for pretty much all of Halo are Ogre 2, T2, Naded, Fearitself, and VictoryX.

Don't forget about Gandhi Kappa

This str8 squad that's playing the Agency...if this ends up being their team I don't see them doing well at all tbh.0

Not trying to be disrespectful here, but I've litterally never heard of "Temp1st". How did str8 find him/does anyone know who he is?

Its xtremist, if I remember right an old Halo 2 pro on Storm ventures. I'm severely unimpressed with the move honestly. The other three are really good players, just don't think he's the player they need if they want to be shooting for 1st.

These teams better enjoy the organizational support for as long as they can and not squander the opportunity. Because once the orgs realize that Halo players literally do nothing to produce content, build a brand, interact with the community, etc - those sweet salary checks are going to cease to exist... QUICKLY

And just like that... He's gone.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

CLG vs VwS scrims bout to go down. Royal 2, Heinz, and 2gre are all streaming it. No one on VwS is though. Would link them but on mobile.

right, i guess i started following mlg since halo 3 so i should have said Halo 3's core group of pros.

you left out Legit , Roy, and Lunchbox, Pistola

Str8 looks surprisingly solid vs the Agency. Look like a super scrapy team.

yeah but they have huge west coast host advantage right now

Who exactly is Randa?

If it's the same player I'm thinking of he played AM bracket during H3, I think he was part of GMM at some point.

Enable is playing with Optic right now. 

Get Hype! SQuad.

@@iRGush

Know where I can watch it? 

Also i hate that enable keeps posting pics of SQ on twitter, such a tease. Really hope he comes back. 

Know where I can watch it?

Also i hate that enable keeps posting pics of SQ on twitter, such a tease. Really hope he comes back.

Lethul's stream and also optic.tv/flamesword
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Is Lethul playing with all of BTH. and if so who's their 4th?

yeah it looks like it and their 4th is legit.

Aww shit looks like Aries is in there instead of enable now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yeah it looks like it and their 4th is legit.

Aww shit looks like Aries is in there instead of enable now.

Yea i saw enable sitting in the lobby and aries in there :(

you left out Legit , Roy, and Lunchbox, Pistola

I did. So even if you count those (Roy, Lunchbox, and Pistola are reaches since I think their first events were in 2007) that is 9 players. I would say that there has been plenty of turnover in professionals.

CLG just scrimmed VWS and went 8-1. Not bad.

Damn. Do u know which game type they dropped?