CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

T2 dropped like a 5 and 20 game in the GF. Maniac also went like 5 and 21 that game. Overall I thought he was really good in the tourney except for the finals.

He had some rough games in the Grand Finals for sure. I expect him to be really, really solid for the IG Columbus event though; he's been playing so much with Naded that he should be ahead of the curve for once. If they can snag Legit from BtH (which I heard might be a possibility now), that team has the potential to do some real damage with Str8 Sick as their 4th.

I'm not sure why I was so against Str8 Sick at first. Maybe it was because of the way he played in that last game in the Grand Finals, but I think my feelings were misplaced. He's easily Str8s best option as their 3rd / 4th with T2 and Naded, and if they manage to get Legit they have a really solid team moving forward. He's got skills.

He had some rough games in the Grand Finals for sure. I expect him to be really, really solid for the IG Columbus event though; he's been playing so much with Naded that he should be ahead of the curve for once. If they can snag Legit from BtH (which I heard might be a possibility now), that team has the potential to do some real damage with Str8 Sick as their 4th.

I'm not sure why I was so against Str8 Sick at first. Maybe it was because of the way he played in that last game in the Grand Finals, but I think my feelings were misplaced. He's easily Str8s best option as their 3rd / 4th with T2 and Naded, and if they manage to get Legit they have a really solid team moving forward. He's got skills.

St8sick is a slaying god.

T2 is Str8 Rippin, theres no way he would not play on it.

he left and played under instinct in reach, pre roybox, ola, and og2.

Don't kid yourself, if he was losing multiple events and a better opportunity arose with an org team (eg, optic, etc). I'm pretty sure his drive to win is more important than a team name. 

Don't kid yourself, if he was losing multiple events and a better opportunity arose with an org team (eg, optic, etc). I'm pretty sure his drive to win is more important than a team name. 

I meant right now. He doesn't really have a reasom to not play a team under Str8.

He makes a fair bit of money of the Str8 name though. Merchandise sales, fans for that particular team etc. Even though an organization would provide him a fair bit of money / opportunities in comparison to most players, merchandise sales as an example would be mostly going to the organisation. I'm assuming that right now he keeps 100% of the profits. Monetarily (maybe not success wise), its actually probably going to be hard to find an organisation / sponsor that would lure him away from that.

That may also be a factor in why the EG squad of Snip3down, Pistola and Roy didn't seriously look at Tsquared. Contractually, there would probably be conflicts (EX. EG getting Merchandise rights over Tsquared etc).

Iron Gaming just announced its prizepot has been raised to $15,000. And the plot thickens.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doesn't MLG own the rights to the Str8 Rippin name, or did T2 somehow get by that? If so, the last thing big organizations want to do is deal with MLG. MLG suffocates any console shooter it gets its hands on and is why EG dropped their CoD team.

Doesn't MLG own the rights to the Str8 Rippin name, or did T2 somehow get by that? If so, the last thing big organizations want to do is deal with MLG. MLG suffocates any console shooter it gets its hands on and is why EG dropped their CoD team.

Final Boss is MLG's I believe

Final Boss is MLG's I believe

I am aware that Final Boss is MLG's as they were selling Final Boss gear a couple of weeks ago, but how did T2 avoid Str8 Rippin being owned by MLG?

I am aware that Final Boss is MLG's as they were selling Final Boss gear a couple of weeks ago, but how did T2 avoid Str8 Rippin being owned by MLG?

Could be wrong, but i think T2 bought the rights for Str8 Rippin.

Could be wrong, but i think T2 bought the rights for Str8 Rippin.

Okay, makes sense. I figured it was something along those lines. I am so conflicted right now. I always loved Str8 Rippin, but EG is my favorite eSports team.

I just enjoy watching pretty much every company/organization that gets involved with MLG turn away from them never to return eventually.

Also its really cool how MLG choked out pretty much every Halo league before dropping it to never run events again but they keep team name rights and sell its merchandise. Be cool if they'd just hand the names over to the people that deserve to own them. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't get it twisted. They didn't pursue T2 because he is nowhere near as good an option as Naded or RyaNoob (or the many other players they could choose from). That's it.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think hes the only one that owns the rights to his team.

I really like Ninja the streaming personality (the Sudd2 1v1s the other day were classic), but I think he's more of an entertainer and pubstomper than a competitor. If he managed to get on the Str8 squad, that would only add to his viewers, but as an actual asset to the team? I think that remains to be seen.

He'd be perfect but he's long gone to 343i now.

honestly watching str8 rippin scrim with a rather unknown guy is refreshing and good for the game. I mean we have had pretty much the same CORE group of pros for all of halo. Pros join and leave other pros teams and remain at the top of the placings because well, they have been pros for awhile and other players know what they are capable of. New talent is always exciting. 

Strongside in a tweet reply recently said that competing isn't out of the question. 

What would be absolutely insane, although I don't know how plausible it is, is if 343 themselves sponsored a pro team. Neighbor, Strongside, Ghost, etc ?!? that would be so fun to watch

• Upvote (+1) 4

Neighbor said the same. They CAN compete but they wouldnt have the time to practice enough is basically what he said