CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I noticed in the matches yesterday a lot more people dying from stalactites on lockdown than I thought would happen.

I thought it was nice to see it actually be useful

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's more of a lurk. Think of him like Santa. You never hear from him, but he's always watching.  :kappa:  :goat:

well i dont know about you but i always hear from santa! he even has the same handwriting as my parents!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well that's another thing, this encourages halo players to do that. Snip3's stream is doing really well, I really expect him to start doing it a lot more often, as well as his teammates. 

I mean, Pistola is streaming right now. Dude never streams, but he's doing it because of the team. Org involvement provides incentive to create content

Part of EG's contracts with players usually include a minimum amount of hours streamed.

eLevate announces Halo roster

Gabriel

Munoz

Coach: TiberiusAudley

Texas represent, hope Gab and munoz do well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ah man, forums are alive again. Been years since I've seen one of these threads!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Str8 Rippin might be teaming with Xtremist. They've been playing loads with him, and I saw them in a party alone a couple nights ago as Tsquared, Naded, Str8 Sick and Xtremist. Not very excited by the prospect, honestly I'd prefer if they just picked up Walshy.

He's more of a lurk. Think of him like Santa. You never hear from him, but he's always watching.  :kappa:  :goat:

Can you guys imagine if 2gre's first post ever was when people were arguing about who the GOAT is? It would have been epic! 

Str8 Rippin might be teaming with Xtremist. They've been playing loads with him, and I saw them in a party alone a couple nights ago as Tsquared, Naded, Str8 Sick and Xtremist. Not very excited by the prospect, honestly I'd prefer if they just picked up Walshy.

So what's going on with ninja? Did he just happen to be playing with T2 and Naded yesterday or is he teaming with them?

Hopefully he's not going to Str8 because it will be bad for both parties.

I feel like Walshy would benefit the team more as a coach, don't get me wrong, I want to see him play in a competieve setting so bad but as a coach he can give insight and knowledge to players that don't have as much experience as him.

be8ca54eebeb79cce14fdbff5713b623.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

"2gre knows how to pick em Snakebite and Royal 2 going +22 together in that warlord bomb" - Kenny

^^^THIS exactly^^^

That's what I've been supporting on this thread. Snakebite and Royal 2 are the best duo of slayers in the game. They can outslay the supposed "God Squad." That is why EG is not a God Squad.

They don't deserve the name yet, just because they were amazing before doesn't mean they're gonna be amazing again. They got wrecked by CLG in the scrims, yes they're only scrims and they just started teaming but still, I don't see them being as successful as they once were
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Dang I just read the interview with Roy, didn't know that their 4th for EG was pretty much Naded. Then LBX came back and they switched. Rough break for Naded, but I'm sure he will get on a solid squad. 

Can't wait for Roy to start streaming, he was one of my favorite pros on Instinct, he may supersede Formal now since he will be doing COD events instead... 

Is Str8 Rippin officially playing with Ninja?

I really like Ninja the streaming personality (the Sudd2 1v1s the other day were classic), but I think he's more of an entertainer and pubstomper than a competitor. If he managed to get on the Str8 squad, that would only add to his viewers, but as an actual asset to the team? I think that remains to be seen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ah man, forums are alive again. Been years since I've seen one of these threads!

tumblr_mpuheqkzZl1redlc0o5_400.gif

You need your old Sig back.

• Upvote (+1) 4

tumblr_mpuheqkzZl1redlc0o5_400.gif

You need your old Sig back.

You are far too right my man. Good choice of your own though. Donna's smoking

Dang I just read the interview with Roy, didn't know that their 4th for EG was pretty much Naded. Then LBX came back and they switched. Rough break for Naded, but I'm sure he will get on a solid squad. 

Yeah, I found that really interesting. I also found it curious that everyone else on Str8 (ryanoob and str8 sick) was on their radar to add as a 4th except for T2. I wonder why that is. I don't want to speculate but it was odd that the 2nd placing team just fell apart after the event. Ryan and Roy immediately left and then T2 had that angry tweet about loyalty. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't wait for Roy to start streaming, he was one of my favorite pros on Instinct, he may supersede Formal now since he will be doing COD events instead...

He may supersede formal as far as your personal rankings or just "period"? IMO Roy has been the best halo player for a long time. His shot is incredible, his communication is top notch, his willingness to do the objective is unparalleled by anyone with his skill except by maybe Legit. He's the most well rounded player in the game, and that doesn't mean he skimps out in any category either.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, I found that really interesting. I also found it curious that everyone else on Str8 (ryanoob and str8 sick) was on their radar to add as a 4th except for T2. I wonder why that is. I don't want to speculate but it was odd that the 2nd placing team just fell apart after the event. Ryan and Roy immediately left and then T2 had that angry tweet about loyalty. 

Getting second place at an invitational tournament for an unreleased game doesn't really mean too much. Yes, there are plenty of things to take away from the event, but it's not a full event with properly practiced teams and they ran Bo3s so there's even fewer games to prove strength. And furthermore, T2 fell apart in the GF of that event; he seemed to play great up to it, but he was by far the weakest link on the team in GF and didn't look like he was pulling his weight there.

And T2 has a bit of a reputation of being very self-centered, which can make for a poor teammate, with poor results at the end of H3 and afterwards, so all things considered I'm not surprised that he wasn't seriously considered as a fourth.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Getting second place at an invitational tournament for an unreleased game doesn't really mean too much. Yes, there are plenty of things to take away from the event, but it's not a full event with properly practiced teams and they ran Bo3s so there's even fewer games to prove strength. And furthermore, T2 fell apart in the GF of that event; he seemed to play great up to it, but he was by far the weakest link on the team in GF and didn't look like he was pulling his weight there.

And T2 has a bit of a reputation of being very self-centered, which can make for a poor teammate, with poor results at the end of H3 and afterwards, so all things considered I'm not surprised that he wasn't seriously considered as a fourth.

Hmm, I actually disagree. I thought he didn't play too great in the semis but played pretty decent in the finals. IIRC it was str8 sick that choked in the last lockdown king game challenging s3 for no reason and jumping off the map. At that point the game was in reach, and then someone else (maybe roy) jumped off the map, too. T2 played pretty decent that last series I think. 

It probably came down to personality stuff like you said. 

He may supersede formal as far as your personal rankings or just "period"? IMO Roy has been the best halo player for a long time. His shot is incredible, his communication is top notch, his willingness to do the objective is unparalleled by anyone with his skill except by maybe Legit. He's the most well rounded player in the game, and that doesn't mean he skimps out in any category either.

hahaha this wasn't me ranking them in any order just prefer Roy over anyone else except Formal.... maybe 2gre as well 

T2 is Str8 Rippin, theres no way he would not play on it.

Hmm, I actually disagree. I thought he didn't play too great in the semis but played pretty decent in the finals. IIRC it was str8 sick that choked in the last lockdown king game challenging s3 for no reason and jumping off the map. At that point the game was in reach, and then someone else (maybe roy) jumped off the map, too. T2 played pretty decent that last series I think. 

It probably came down to personality stuff like you said. 

T2 dropped like a 5 and 20 game in the GF. Maniac also went like 5 and 21 that game. Overall I thought he was really good in the tourney except for the finals.