CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

MLG profits off of the game developers who actually make the games. Think about it; there are copyrights and 343/Microsoft are the creators/owners of Halo. In America there are still laws in place that prevent you from profiting off of someone else's property. In this case the owners of said property have decided to reach an agreement with another company(s) to grant them permission to run tournaments.

I think it's a bit more complex tbh. But there has been nothing saying MLG can't run them and other groups outside ESL are. 343 official statement says they look forward to working with other event organizers as well.

My guess is that MLG doesn't think it will be profitable for them and also want to be the bell of the ball. So since 343 is going to spend most of their time supporting ESL MLG doesn't want to be considered "the other girl".

I think it's a bit more complex tbh. But there has been nothing saying MLG can't run them and other groups outside ESL are. 343 official statement says they look forward to working with other event organizers as well.

My guess is that MLG doesn't think it will be profitable for them and also want to be the bell of the ball. So since 343 is going to spend most of their time supporting ESL MLG doesn't want to be considered "the other girl".

Well 343 partnered with twitch so there's probably some contract that event organizers sign that if they want to have halo at their event and want to broadcast it then they have to use twitch. Which MLG would be against because their all about using their own streaming network mlg.tv
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Well 343 partnered with twitch so there's probably some contract that event organizers sign that if they want to have halo at their event and want to broadcast it then they have to use twitch. Which MLG would be against because their all about using their own streaming network mlg.tv

Didn't even think of that. Seems like everyone is trying to monopolize things instead of having a free and open market. Stupid business model IMO. Scene is still far to small to be imposing artificial restrictions that limit growth.

Smart guy

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@LastMan could you add my team to the list?

End Result - DARKscorpion, Moniz, Krizen, Burton

Where's Max? I used to watch his stream when y'all were scrimming on XBC, I thought you were teaming together.

Regarding MLG running Halo events, if they wanted to they could. However, they couldn't be HCS sanctioned unless they streamed on Twitch. Its part of the guidelines for the HCS. I am 99% sure that is the reason MLG isn't running Halo. I would not be surprised to see them run H2C or CE though as throwback events or whatever.

Where's Max? I used to watch his stream when y'all were scrimming on XBC, I thought you were teaming together.

Thats a long story...but DS is replacing him.

Mad Max is F/A, he has been playing a lot with Tsquared as well recently, its a very outside chance, but that wouldnt surprise me either.

Who knows, it's awesome seeing some good things happening within the Halo community. I'd love to play again, just not sure when.

Do the right thing, reunite SQ

• Upvote (+1) 5

The reason why Flame and Ace haven't changed their twitter @'s is most likely because they are verified. When you are verified and you change your username you lose verification and it's an annoying process to get it back.

just like coachmayne predicted.. another case closed.

He's more of a lurk. Think of him like Santa. You never hear from him, but he's always watching.  :kappa:  :goat:

Reading this and picturing Ogre 2's face made my day

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is Str8 Rippin officially playing with Ninja?

Wait, what? He already has a solid team - I wouldn't switch if I were him. T2 + Naded = Str8 Chokin'