CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm not sure whats going on with the Optic thing.  Optic did just launch a new site (Optic.tv) in which they have direct embeds of the MLG streams for each player, so clearly they've got some sort of good relationship with MLG.  Perhaps this is why they are failing to publicly acknowledge a direct competitor of MLG?

As for the roster itself; Flamesword and Ace both do have player pages and profiles on the Optic website and appear under the "Roster", so they ARE being openly promoted as "Optic Halo".

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not sure whats going on with the Optic thing.  Optic did just launch a new site (Optic.tv) in which they have direct embeds of the MLG streams for each player, so clearly they've got some sort of good relationship with MLG.  Perhaps this is why they are failing to publicly acknowledge a direct competitor of MLG?

As for the roster itself; Flamesword and Ace both do have player pages and profiles on the Optic website and appear under the "Roster", so they ARE being openly promoted as "Optic Halo".

It most definitely has something to do with Optic's close affiliation with MLG and their partnership with MLG.tv. 343 announcing the HCS being partnered with twitch and ESL, both of which are direct competitors to MLG, has led me to believe that the Optic organization can no longer openly support HCS/ESL events or is being pressured by MLG not to. if somehow that is not the case, I have never seen such unprofessionalism out of a professional gaming organization before, and the Optic organization needs to get their shit together or Optic Halo wont even make it until the next event.

Dont forget their was some rumblings of MLG not being able to run Halo tournaments because "they lost the bid to host them", which would give MLG even more incentive to give the finger back to 343/ESL, and try to sabotage their competing leagues growth, which they have a history of doing in the past.

On the flip side, it was really cool to see CLG's League of Legends players tweeted out Halo streams to their 200k+ followers.

also, add eXcellence

• Upvote (+1) 8

Wonderful to see all the old and the new pros streaming. My favourite is Heinz, awesome player and a nice dude who always communicate with his viewers. Even his Twitch chat is acceptable!

Made my first banner to show my support for CLG. Feel free to copy it (if your paint skills are even worse than mine).

• Upvote (+1) 4

On the flip side, it was really cool to see CLG's League of Legends players tweeted out Halo streams to their 200k+ followers.

also, add eXcellence

CLG really is one of the best gaming organizations, Doublelift and the rest of the team stream quite oftenly and are some of my favorite LoL players/streamers <3 Excited to root for both CLG teams this season in the LCS and HCS  :)

Is there VoD or Youtube footage of the tournament (Honestly, the semifinals onwards would do) yet? Us EU guys struggle to watch these things live on work/school nights.

Is there VoD or Youtube footage of the tournament (Honestly, the semifinals onwards would do) yet? Us EU guys struggle to watch these things live on work/school nights.

Here you go.

Ogre 2's POV: http://www.twitch.tv/ogre2/b/592062081[1]

Royal 2's POV: http://www.twitch.tv/royal2/b/592031383[2]

Heinz's POV(s): http://www.twitch.tv/Heinz/profile/past_broadcasts[3]

Snakebite wasn't streaming this time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The reason why Flame and Ace haven't changed their twitter @'s is most likely because they are verified. When you are verified and you change your username you lose verification and it's an annoying process to get it back.

I might as well ask while you're here. Any plans on playing in a Halo tournament?

So Arkanum is Optic Halo's 4th? Wow, wasn't expecting that. Assault was obvious but that's awesome for Arkanum.

They destroyed both warlocks, only won the lockout KoTH by like 10. CLG is dominant on warlock.

After watching 2gre play Warlock on MCC I was just amazed on how well he understands that map. That Bomb Warlock was just destruction.

CLG really is one of the best gaming organizations, Doublelift and the rest of the team stream quite oftenly and are some of my favorite LoL players/streamers <3 Excited to root for both CLG teams this season in the LCS and HCS  :)

A man of impeccable taste I see.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When you have eight teams like this, :weback:

Believe The Hype - aPG, Lxthul, Legit, Maniac

Counter Logic Gaming - Heinz, OGRE2, Royal 2, Snakebite

Evil Geniuses - Roy, Lunchbox, Snipedown, Pistola

The Agency - Ninja, Hysteria, FearItSelf, Victory

Denial - Mikwen, Chig, Cloud, Reliable

OpTic Halo - Flamesword, Ace, Assault, Arkanum

VwS - Destin, Tizoxic, Goofy, Ryanoob

Str8 Rippin - Tsquared, Naded, Str8 Sick

So who could be Str8's fourth? Prototype? Not really many players left to choose from.

So who could be Str8's fourth? Prototype? Not really many players left to choose from.

Gandhi  :kappa:

Can see why he's salty about team changes... my guess is he'll pull someone out of retirement with the allure of sponsorship, etc.

Hope Gandhi & Legion team with Aries & Prototype.

How about Legit? Unless he's spoken for already, the allure of the Legit/Naded combo is probably fairly strong.

Legit is leaning towards BTH.

I really hope he starts leaning towards Str8 Rippin. With Legit that's a pretty solid squad. Without him things look a bit tough.

I really hope he starts leaning towards Str8 Rippin. With Legit that's a pretty solid squad. Without him things look a bit tough.

Same is true for BTH... who's going to be their 4th if he chooses Str8? He's the only player left who could somewhat replace Formal.

Edit: Isn't it funny that the top two teams from last event are struggling to find 4ths? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Same is true for BTH... who's going to be their 4th if he chooses Str8? He's the only player left who could somewhat replace Formal.

Edit: Isn't it funny that the top two teams from last event are struggling to find 4ths? 

Yeah, its sorta funny how that all worked out. On a side note, does anyone know how Legit did in those scrims against Optic last night?

I know nothing of the politics of gaming tournaments, but I don't get why MLG can't run tournaments. I mean this is still America right? Why can't they host their own tournaments for whatever games they want? If I read correctly ESL isn't the only one running tournaments. If MLG thinks they can do it, be profitable, and outdo ESL then isn't this a free market which allows them to do just that? Is it because they won't get the same type of support from 343 or something?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know nothing of the politics of gaming tournaments, but I don't get why MLG can't run tournaments. I mean this is still America right? Why can't they host their own tournaments for whatever games they want? If I read correctly ESL isn't the only one running tournaments. If MLG thinks they can do it, be profitable, and outdo ESL then isn't this a free market which allows them to do just that? Is it because they won't get the same type of support from 343 or something?

MLG doesn't want to get into something where they're not exclusive... just look at their shitty streaming rules. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

maybe they can and will, but they just haven't announced anything yet. I don't think anyone from mlg or 343 has come out and outright said "MLG will/can not run Halo events because of X and Y..."

HCS is still so new so we will have to wait and see

MLG profits off of the game developers who actually make the games.  Think about it; there are copyrights and 343/Microsoft are the creators/owners of Halo.  In America there are still laws in place that prevent you from profiting off of someone else's property.  In this case the owners of said property have decided to reach an agreement with another company(s) to grant them permission to run tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was great to see all of the old names back competing again yesterday. I wish the bracket would have been a little more balanced however.  You had all of the top squads in the bottom half while Optic Gaming had a nice path on the top half into the Quarterfinals. CLG & EG look like the top two squads right now.  I was pleasantly surprised to see Scorched Halo take down VWS, then they lost to EG, winding up in 8th place

Scorched Halo:

Suspector, Nemassist, Tragic, Winntur

• Upvote (+1) 1