CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I just hate hearing people complain about "maps being mediocre" and shit when they lose. I don't think they get that it helps nobody and just hurts themselves.

catching the end of some of the EG after match comments, were they bitching about the match?

BR is too easy and they got fucked over with an arm glitch. Ola saw the arm bar almost full but it was actually half full and he went for the arm and died. Unfortunate.

Ogre 2 on stream just now, "I have 1k+ more viewers than I have ever had before",  :goat: is the new Nadeshot of Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Tubmas

As Hitman posted right below me, my point is obviously that Snakebite and Royal 2 dethroned the God Squad and are the current young guns of Halo.  They're not just "good."  Of all the powerful duos out there right now, they are, by the evidence, the best.  Ogre 2 calls them "the talent" for a reason.  So to call EG the God Squad is too much of a leap in my opinion.  God Squad implies dominance, and winning easily.  But going off of results, they are not even the best team, not to mention the clear cut favorite deserving of the God Squad title.

You act as if a regular season tournament victory is the equivalent of a National Championship victory.  In the last two major MLG Halo tournaments, your guys finished completely out of the top 8 and then 4th/7th-8th.  Snakebite and Royal 2 finished 2nd and then 1st.  Which results sound better?

Oh, and CLG just beat EG again.

Haha dude you just helped prove my point that Infamous dethroned the god squad. If a god squad implies dominance and winning easily then Instinct were no longer a god squad in the nat champs and Cbus because they had already lost to Infamous and placed 5th another event thus no longer being dominant. So, when SQ beat Instinct they couldn't have dethroned them because they had already been dethroned. However, when Ryanoob and crew beat Instinct, Instinct were absolutely destroying teams at the two previous events(one of which they didn't drop a series) and at that current one. But Infamous did what had not done been done before and beat Instinct thus dethroning the god squad simple as that. Doesn't really matter what events were more prestigious tbh. Ryanoob and Lethul's placing in the nat champs and Cbus are irrelevant so I don't know why you keep bringing that up . 

Agree with you on the rest of your points about SB and R2 being a great duo but to me there is really no discussion to be had on who dethroned the previous God Squad, the first team to beat them not the fourth lol. Not to mention that Infamous straight up beat Warriors at Orlando.

BtH is scrimming Optic while Optic waits to play the finals and BtH has legit as their 4th.

Lethul said last night that they would be scrimming with their fourth today. So that pretty much confirms it.

Haha dude you just helped prove my point that Infamous dethroned the god squad. If a god squad implies dominance and winning easily then Instinct were no longer a god squad in the nat champs and Cbus because they had already lost to Infamous and placed 5th another event thus no longer being dominant. So, when SQ beat Instinct they couldn't have dethroned them because they had already been dethroned. However, when Ryanoob and crew beat Instinct, Instinct were absolutely destroying teams at the two previous events(one of which they didn't drop a series) and at that current one. But Infamous did what had not done been done before and beat Instinct thus dethroning the god squad simple as that. Doesn't really matter what events were more prestigious tbh. Ryanoob and Lethul's placing in the nat champs and Cbus are irrelevant so I don't know why you keep bringing that up . 

Agree with you on the rest of your points about SB and R2 being a great duo but to me there is really no discussion to be had on who dethroned the previous God Squad, the first team to beat them not the fourth lol. Not to mention that Infamous straight up beat Warriors at Orlando.

Instinct wasn't destroying teams at the tourney where they lost to Infamous. They weren't 42-1 good. They were simply just good. Infamous didn't beat the team that went 42-1. They beat a team that was already dropping games to lesser teams.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also Ogre 2 today on stream: "They need to remake Midship(for H2A), it can easily support four game-types. Midship is like the most competitively balanced map in the series, it worked in every single Halo game". HAHA take that you Midship haters  :D

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Tubmas

Their placings at the National Championships were irrelevant?  LOL

Winning one regular season tournament and then disappearing does not qualify as a dethrone.

The 2011 National Championship and the 2012 Winter Championship is where Snakebite and Royal 2 showed they were just as good as, if not better than, the members of the God Squad.

EG has great players, don't misunderstand me, but they are by no means dominant, and I don't even think they are the best team out there right now.  People seem to be attached to those guys because they are big names and somewhat flashy players, but we need to look at their recent performances and their ages.

Roy and Lunchbox were young guns on the scene back in 2007 and Pistola and Snipedown were the same in 2008.  That is 6-7 years ago.  They are most likely past their prime and now on the decline.  Snakebite and Royal 2 were new on the scene in 2011 so they are much younger.  What are they, around 18 years old?  Age wins in the end. 

And like I said earlier, Ogre 2 chose to team with Snakebite and Royal 2 for a reason.  He could have reformed the God Squad, but he chose not to.  Is it perhaps because he recognized a superior slaying force in Snakebite and Royal 2 that beat his Instinct squad in 2012?  I believe so.

@@Tubmas

Winning one regular season tournament and then disappearing does not qualify as a dethrone.

The 2011 National Championship and the 2012 Winter Championship is where Snakebite and Royal 2 showed they were just as good as, if not better than, the members of the God Squad.

EG has great players, don't misunderstand me, but they are by no means dominant, and I don't even think they are the best team out there right now.  People seem to be attached to those guys because they are big names and somewhat flashy players, but we need to look at their recent performances and their ages.

Roy and Lunchbox were young guns on the scene back in 2007 and Pistola and Snipedown were the same in 2008.  That is 6-7 years ago.  They are most likely past their prime and now on the decline.  Snakebite and Royal 2 were new on the scene in 2011 so they are much younger.  What are they, around 18 years old?  Age wins in the end. 

And like I said earlier, Ogre 2 chose to team with Snakebite and Royal 2 for a reason.  He could have reformed the God Squad, but he chose not to.  Is it perhaps because he recognized a superior slaying force in Snakebite and Royal 2 that beat his Instinct squad in 2012?  I believe so.

Someone needs to just give up in this argument. You guys are saying the same things over and over now. :saucey:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Also Ogre 2 today on stream: "They need to remake Midship(for H2A), it can easily support four game-types. Midship is like the most competitively balanced map in the series, it worked in every single Halo game". HAHA take that you Midship haters  :D

he also said "no bloom, no skill"..

with that said...we need another map badly for H2A....if it's midship, fuck it...so be it....just keep salot away from the map pool..

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I doubt that honestly, he had no way of knowing Lunchbox and roy would come out of retirement and Ola was on optic halo. By the time they all came back, he already had a CLG deal going. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Tubmas

ummmm Snakebite was placing top 8 in Halo 3...... lol he also went to events for H2.

• Upvote (+1) 6

@@Tubmas

To this argument? yes it is irrelevant because the god squad was already dethroned by that time.

Bro Infamous went on to beat Instinct again.

Infamous showed that even earlier...two events before...at Raleigh...and Orlando...

lol dude I don't even disagree on this with you hahaha why do you keep bringing this up. I'm not even talking about this.

see above

Dude you don't know this. How do you know that he knew RoyBox was coming back? He had the CLG squad in the works WAY before LBX came back.

Bold 

2gre knows how to pick em Snakebite and Royal 2 going +22 together in that warlord bomb

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Diesel

OK he did get a few top 8's in 2010, I'll give you that, so I'm off by one year.  But he is still younger than the EG members, so my point stands.

They may have been losing games to lesser teams but not series.

That isn't my point. You implied they were destroying at that tourney just like the previous two tourneys. They weren't. They were good, but not 42-1 good.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Been out of the loop for about 3-4 days and I see EG joined the game, Legit on BTH, and a completely sick VwS Gaming squad. Halo: MCC is shaping up to be insanely awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 3