CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@Tubmas

But they got second, above everyone else, including the two guys you mentioned, who were nowhere to be found.  And in the next tournament, the 2012 Winter Championship, they won it all.  Snakebite and Royal 2 showed that they were the new young guns at that point.  There will always be someone coming up who is younger, faster, better, and more driven.  Ogre 2 chose to team up with them for a reason.

@@Tubmas

But they got second, above everyone else, including the two guys you mentioned, who were nowhere to be found.  And in the next tournament, the 2012 Winter Championship, they won it all.  Snakebite and Royal 2 showed that they were the new young guns at that point.  There will always be someone coming up who is younger, faster, better, and more driven.  Ogre 2 chose them for a reason.

Watching Snakebite and Royal 2 I now see why Ogre 2 chose to team with them, they are potentially the next great Halo duo. They played the best in that EG scrim last night. Heinz and Ogre 2 being team leaders for years on the most successful teams know all the map strategies and preparation it takes to win, if Ogre 2 has shown one thing since H3 is that he makes up and coming players better and fully realize their potential. I cant think of a player who did worse when teaming with Ogre 2, they always became stars in their own right when joining with Ogre 2 and became better Halo players.

CLG is Ogre 2's youngest team to date though(outside of maybe the early HCE days), which is kind of strange because he has always had dominate teams that were essentially the "Old guard" of Halo battling against the "Young guns" such as Carbon, Infamous, and SQ.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Tubmas

But they got second, above everyone else, including the two guys you mentioned, who were nowhere to be found. And in the next tournament, the 2012 Winter Championship, they won it all. Snakebite and Royal 2 showed that they were the new young guns at that point. There will always be someone coming up who is younger, faster, better, and more driven. Ogre 2 chose to team up with them for a reason.

I'm failing to see your point here. All four of them beat Instinct, only that lethul and ryanoob did it first. Also when Lethul and Ryanoob won it SB and R2 were no where to be found. Lethul and noob are also young and driven. Again what point are you exactly trying to make here because I think we can all agree that SB and R2 are good so there's no need to tell us that lol.

I'm pretty excited to root for this VwS team, definitely the most appealing roster to me so far. Destin was one of my favorite H3 players and I think that if he and Tizoxic aren't rusty this team could be a real contender in 2015 if they stick together and get a feel for H2A. I don't see them as a top three team in December since they've got to work on their communication and other teams have a head start on them, but who knows what the future will hold.

And if that really is Bonfire making the comeback... :chiefdancing:

So CGL vs EG right now in the tourney. I'm predicting CGL wins.

Winner plays Optic.

CLG homie.. easy mistake, i know, but let's not confuse Counter Logic Gaming with some hack job gaming league the Sudds tried to create  :kappa:

And yes I think they are going to win this preseason tourney as well.

BtH is scrimming Optic while Optic waits to play the finals and BtH has legit as their 4th.

bah got to many things going on at once.

I think them sticking together is clearly giving them an edge in teamwork.

@@Tubmas

As Hitman posted right below me, my point is obviously that Snakebite and Royal 2 dethroned the God Squad and are the current young guns of Halo.  They're not just "good."  Of all the powerful duos out there right now, they are, by the evidence, the best.  Ogre 2 calls them "the talent" for a reason.  So to call EG the God Squad is too much of a leap in my opinion.  God Squad implies dominance, and winning easily.  But going off of results, they are not even the best team, not to mention the clear cut favorite deserving of the God Squad title.

You act as if a regular season tournament victory is the equivalent of a National Championship victory.  In the last two major MLG Halo tournaments, your guys finished completely out of the top 8 and then 4th/7th-8th.  Snakebite and Royal 2 finished 2nd and then 1st.  Which results sound better?

Oh, and CLG just beat EG again.

catching the end of some of the EG after match comments, were they bitching about the match?

It was just frustration due to CLG's stellar play + some of the game's inconsistencies.

When you have eight teams like this,  :weback:

Believe The Hype - aPG, Lxthul, Legit, Maniac
Counter Logic Gaming - Heinz, OGRE2, Royal 2, Snakebite
Evil Geniuses - Roy, Lunchbox, Snipedown, Pistola
The Agency - Ninja, Hysteria, FearItSelf, Victory
Denial - Mikwen, Chig, Cloud, Reliable
OpTic Halo - Flamesword, Ace, Assault, Arkanum

VwS - Destin, Tizoxic, Goofy, Ryanoob

Str8 Rippin - Tsquared, Naded, Str8 Sick

• Upvote (+1) 3