CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So this is all preseason right? No point, money, or anything right now right? And final teams don't have to necessarily be set?

And obviously online does matter since tournament games are happening online somewhat now. I think online isn't like it was back in halo 2 days.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So this is all preseason right? No point, money, or anything right now right? And final teams don't have to necessarily be set?

I have no idea if the team rules are being enforced for the preason tournies. Definitely no pro points, or money on the line though. All about practice in a tournament setting. 

@@Tubmas

Infamous beat Instinct in one regular season tournament, but come National Championship time, they were nowhere to be found.  Neither of those guys you mentioned even placed at the 2011 National Championships, whereas Snakebite and Royal 2 were knocking on Instinct's door with their Warriors squad and placed 2nd.  Then when they teamed up with Status Quo at the 2012 Winter Championships, they dethroned the God Squad.  In that tournament, the two guys you mentioned placed 4th and 7th-8th.

I never said CLG is guaranteed to beat EG, I simply said people are jumping the gun by calling EG a God Squad.

If Olas stream had better audio (louder teamspeak, and Ola's mic being better quality) that would be the I centre of my Halo watching hub.

Possibly looking for a new 4th for the next ESL pre-season cup.

Our 4th essentially quit because his internet isn't good enough to compete in online events...

Arkanum deserves a squad. His stream is good and he is a solid player.

He is playing with Optic gaming for this tourney. Flamesword Ace, assault, arkanum

So if Arkanum stays with Optic, and VwS remains the same, looks like BTH & Str8 Rippin will be fighting over Legit. No top tier players left at this point, unless I'm missing something. 

Also, is Gandhi serious about coming back? Has he been streaming at all? 

yes he is serious. he's streamed a few times. but yeah in some of his YT vids he's talked about seriously wanting to compete

Seems like some people are jumping the gun by calling EG the new God Squad.

Remember that Snakebite and Royal 2 were the main guys that dethroned the 2011-2012 God Squad and then you add Ogre 2 to the mix and you have a team that appears to be better than the God Squad.

Then of course, CLG beat EG in that scrimmage series last night, 6-3.

I agree, people are seeming to forget that lunchbox hasn't played in some time and at pax and the invitational pistola wasn't playing good at all. The only solid player is snipedown, mean while CLG is a solid squad and I thought they played really well at the Invotantial (as stk). We're just gonna have to see what happens but I think it's too soon to give EG the god squad name yet
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Infamous beat Instinct in one regular season tournament, but come National Championship time, they were nowhere to be found.  Neither of those guys you mentioned even placed at the 2011 National Championships, whereas Snakebite and Royal 2 were knocking on Instinct's door with their Warriors squad and placed 2nd.  Then when they teamed up with Status Quo at the 2012 Winter Championships, they dethroned the God Squad.  In that tournament, the two guys you mentioned placed 4th and 7th-8th.

I never said CLG is guaranteed to beat EG, I simply said people are jumping the gun by calling EG a God Squad.

Yeah that one regular season tournament was the first time anyone ever beat Instinct. Before that Instinct was just steam rolling teams. Then Infamous comes along unexpectedly and "dethrones" Instinct from their complete dominance. Then the next event they outplace Instinct only to come 2nd to Dynasty. By the time Royal 2 and Snakebite beat Instinct, Instinct had already been beaten multiple times. Also, SB and R2 came knocking on Instinct's door in National Champs? They got 3-0'd lol. They got absolutely destroyed.  

Possibly looking for a new 4th for the next ESL pre-season cup.

Our 4th essentially quit because his internet isn't good enough to compete in online events...

What's your tag?

Some people just want to swindle...

Halo tournaments just wouldn't be the same without a few people trying to swindle some wins!

• Upvote (+1) 1

So someone spotted this watching Heinz's stream.

(diG Str8Sick. Dignitas?)

d711654448abdc395186e3a0a0e22555.png

I'm not sure exactly what that stands for but I think he has had that in his gamertag for a few months

• Upvote (+1) 3