CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i'm not sure if this was already confirmed, but Naded posted this comment to his latest Youtube video:

"Can't wait to start team scrimming soon! #Str8Rippin"

By the way, everyone should go check out that video, it had a absolutely crazy ending, starting at about the 6:00 mark. He ended up with a perfection. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

By the way, everyone should go check out that video, it had a absolutely crazy ending, starting at about the 6:00 mark. He ended up with a perfection.

Awesome video! Naded is so fun to watch.

i'm not sure if this was already confirmed, but Naded posted this comment to his latest Youtube video:

"Can't wait to start team scrimming soon! #Str8Rippin"

Their

The last 30 seconds were amazing. Wow. People were pretty confident that he was on Str8 Rippin, this just confirms what most already knew.

Seems like some people are jumping the gun by calling EG the new God Squad.

Remember that Snakebite and Royal 2 were the main guys that dethroned the 2011-2012 God Squad and then you add Ogre 2 to the mix and you have a team that appears to be better than the God Squad.

Then of course, CLG beat EG in that scrimmage series last night, 6-3.

Seems like some people are jumping the gun by calling EG the new God Squad.

Remember that Snakebite and Royal 2 were the main guys that dethroned the 2011-2012 God Squad and then you add Ogre 2 to the mix and you have a team that appears to be better than the God Squad.

Then of course, CLG beat EG in that scrimmage series last night, 6-3.

Online scrims mean nothing. I know its an argument we have been having as a community since Halo 2 but time has shown they really don't accurately predict what will happen at a tournament. 

Not to mention that host is customs games is ridiculous. I think it was Mikwen or Lethul that said Online scrims only matter in H2A if you have host and lose. Means your terrible. 

I really hope Legit joins BTH - perfect fit IMO.

I don't see any potential teams that could break through the top 3 of CLG, EG & BTH. Maybe the Agency. Don't see Denial as a real threat. 

Str8 Rippin dropped its two best players. Optic has fewer choices with each passing day. Same for Purple Rain, Ryanoob & Goofy, and other duos. There are still good players around, but the number with good chemistry is dropping. 

Well just look at the tournament performance then.  Snakebite and Royal 2 were the ones that took down the God Squad and now Ogre 2 joined them.

Did CLG have host every game or something?  And isn't host only one player, not the whole team?  Saying online scrims mean "nothing" is a bit ridiculous.  You could say they don't mean everything, but they have to mean something.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Online scrims mean nothing. I know its an argument we have been having as a community since Halo 2 but time has shown they really don't accurately predict what will happen at a tournament. 

Not to mention that host is customs games is ridiculous. I think it was Mikwen or Lethul that said Online scrims only matter in H2A if you have host and lose. Means your terrible.

They mean more than looking at a roster and calling it the god squad after seeing them play 0 times on lan.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well just look at the tournament performance then.  Snakebite and Royal 2 were the ones that took down the God Squad and now Ogre 2 joined them.

Did CLG have host every game or something?  And isn't host only one player, not the whole team?  Saying online scrims mean "nothing" is a bit ridiculous.  You could say they don't mean everything, but they have to mean something.

:lxthul: and Ryanoob  would like to have a word with you. Infamous were the first to dethrone Instinct.

Also think you're exaggerating by saying Royal 2 and Snakebite were the ones who beat the god squad when you're referring to when SQ beat Instinct. Aren't you forgetting arguably the best player on that SQ squad in Enable? 2gre is an upgrade over flame for sure but Heinz is by no means a 1 for 1 replacement for Enable.

I agree that online scrims mean something but just because CLG beat EG in some online scrims once doesn't mean CLG will beat them on lan. Some of the games in this series were extremely close as well. Shrine 50-49? That could of gone either way. All the flag and bomb games were separated by 1 flag cap too. Most of these matches could of definitely turned out differently if it was on lan.  Also, as far as I know this was EG's first time scrimming so they have some time to fix things before Cbus. 

i know this shouldn't go here but i am in disparate need of a ts before our match this afternoon someone that needs one message nitttro on xbl.

ESL Pre-Season tournament should be starting now...

Idk if this was pointed out, but Optic is playing and their roster is:

Flamesword, Ace, Arkanum, and Assault.

Nice to see 128 teams sign up with it being pushed back and it being preseason meaning nothing

Where can I watch pre season action? 

This vid is pretty revealing about some things. Looks like rosters will be locked by the HCS rules and teams will be forced to stick together. Also, Assault is confirmed to be an official member of Optic while Arkanum is just sort of trying out. 

Where can I watch pre season action? 

http://optic.tv/flamesword

Looked through the team list. CLG, Denial, EG, and Optic (with the roster you mentioned) are all playing. Also saw VwS which is Destin, Goofy, RyaNoob & Tizoxic. Think that's it for the known teams in this one.

Bracket is live: http://play.eslgaming.com/halo/north-america/halomcc-one/open/4on4-pre-season-cup-1/rankings/

• Upvote (+1) 2

Assault was confirmed on their team. CLG is saying Optic is waiting to see if Enable gets into the COD league monday or something, and if he doesn't that he will be there fourth. Which is the day that Optic is announcing their fourth.

uhhhhhhhhh according to the bracket VwS got first-rounded LOL

lol yeah I just saw that. 

Also, am I just blind or is The Agency not participating in this tourney?

uhhhhhhhhh according to the bracket VwS got first-rounded LOL

RIP to the new team.

@@Tubmas Elaborate?

The match history isn't showing up under VwS' team page or the team that beat them, and the round status still says open. Maybe they had to forfeit, someone couldn't play or something, dunno.

They are trying to DQ us and we're getting it fixed. We were in a lobby as 8, they reported the win and left. Admin is on it

• Upvote (+1) 6

They are trying to DQ us and we're getting it fixed. We were in a lobby as 8, they reported the win and left. Admin is on it

Shady Halo Kids forever.

@@Tubmas Ahhh, gotcha. thanks.