CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Almost 18k viewers on the stream. wow

It was 22k, almost 23k, in the tie-break between CLG and NB.

This was a best case scenario for competitive halo going forward.

Great production, commentating, and most importantly the games themselves.

343i just needs to do right by making H5 a viable esports game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

From April to July? So every month there's a Lan Event? 

Think so.

From April to July? So every month there's a Lan Event? 

i think so.

and theres probably going to be the online cups.

i think HCS is finally coming full circle. MCC is better via patches. (not perfect)

i hope we get 1-2 new maps/gametypes for season 2.

Think so.

The pic itself is a bit confusing, summarizing that there's 2 Lan events with Finals in July. Whatever, time for the finalz!

This was a best case scenario for competitive halo going forward.

Great production, commentating, and most importantly the games themselves.

343i just needs to do right by making H5 a viable esports game.

h5 is not going to come close to h2a. hate to say it but theres a reason why these series are so competitive and fun to watch. Halo 5 dynamics wont have the same effect.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The pic itself is a bit confusing, summarizing that there's 2 Lan events with Finals in July. Whatever, time for the finalz!

theres the event in Atlanta first (April). then 2 more lan events. and then a finals in july.

so from April to July we will see 3 LAN events + Season 2 Finals.

I love the competitive games, and the fact that MCC isn't crashing on stream every series, but I don't think the credit should go to H2A. Nearly every other Halo game ever has a higher skill gap.

Not saying it's not enjoyable, but I honestly believe a well Tweaked Halo 5 will be better. The difficulty alone of shooting might make it better off the bat without any tweaks.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wasn't the invitational in California?

Oh good point...i honestly don't remember. I would love to see a Seattle event. Gotta assume something HCS will be at Pax west.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i dont want to turn this thread into why sprint is bad. but i will say this:

All those intense games, setups, and pushes, and teamwork we have seen this weekend will not have the same value when there is sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Because they were up 2-0 in the series, and proceeded to blow leads in every gametype aside from assault. Being 8th seed means nothing, they blew their chance. Just because they werent expected to be this far, doesnt mean they get an excuse.

That being said, I dont think it was a choke

The thing is though CLG had literally a 2 minute lead in hill with like 3 minutes left and they blew that. NB was clutch as hell there.

Warlord slayer they were down like 8 kills many times throughout but went on a clutch run to win.

CTF they definitely blew it, had the one cap with minute and a half left and probably could have just locked down their base and won, and also they made some great plays in the OT and had all of CLG dead and spawn trapped but nobody ran for the flag.

Assault was a rout.

Slayer they were down 5+ kills many times and made great pushes at the end of the first play and first and third OT. Choked 2nd OT by literally a hair, Maniac was a step away from being behind a pillar with 2 seconds left. 4th OT was a bit of a choke but overall in the series they were very clutch.

Oh good point...i honestly don't remember. I would love to see a Seattle event. Gotta assume something HCS will be at Pax west.

S2 Finals is in July. PAX Prime is August 28th-31st

S2 Finals at Comic-Con maybe?

i dont want to turn this thread into why sprint is bad. but i will say this:

All those intense games, setups, and pushes, and teamwork we have seen this weekend will not have the same value when there is sprint.

This is the last thing I'm going to say on it, but we have toggles moving forward.

I love the competitive games, and the fact that MCC isn't crashing on stream every series, but I don't think the credit should go to H2A. Nearly every other Halo game ever has a higher skill gap.

Not saying it's not enjoyable, but I honestly believe a well Tweaked Halo 5 will be better. The difficulty alone of shooting might make it better off the bat without any tweaks.

Yeah, 343 is just getting started. More maps, new game, and more money will be huge for viewership. The fact that H2A is a remake might put some off.

Nearly every other Halo game ever has a higher skill gap.

Except for Halo 3, Vanilla Reach, Halo 4 and Halo 5, yes.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3