CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I still wanna know why we had 4 listen-ins with Denial but 0 for CLG during their series.

It's a conspiracy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

CLG series was an absaloutley please and honour to cast. Ogre 2 is a total goat, also Walshy is truly the analytical God of Halo, blown away by some of the stuff he comes out with...

Day 2 proving fruitful, hope your all having fun!

ayy come himself the Pink! 

Can't tell if I like the quad stream or not, maybe try 2 pov with each team?

Can't tell if I like the quad stream or not, maybe try 2 pov with each team?

Only way I see cross-team working is if it's 1 pov per team.

aPg is on fire atm, they should just keep it on his pov until the end of the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Funny to me hearing Walshy say Noble Black is keeping this game vs Denial on Lockdown TS "chaotic"  Both of the following quotes are me talking about potential Lockdown TS games featuring Denial in my bracket breakdown.

Game 2 I actually give Str8 the benefit of the doubt and think Naded will come up huge for a surprise win. Str8's key to victory will be to keep the game fast and chaotic – don't let stalemates evolve. The less structured the game is, the more it's in Str8's favor.

Once again, Denial wants a structured slayer game where Ryanoob can out-think his opponents. If Royal 2 can misposition enough that it keeps spawns hectic, CLG can strong-arm their way to victory. 

Ryanoob played like garbage on pretty much all of the lockdown and shrine slayers this tournament.

Mikwen and Chig are so passionate and consistent. They really need to form their own squad. Cloud and Ryanoob completely underperformed. Some of the plays they made lost them the CLG series entirely. 

This is going to be unpopular, but I like Str8 in this one.

Color me notshocked

• Upvote (+1) 3

Back to back matches that were incredible. Goldenboy sounded like he was having a stroke at one point.

As for the quad screens, I like it during stalemates on Lockdown. When there isn't much going on, it's easy to see exactly what everyone is watching and doing in preparation for a push. However, during a push or in a chaotic gametype, I'd rather just watch one screen.

Can someone invite me to the chat? Gumballmicjones

done.

@@VinFTW co-sign. @@Chig get on that CLG / C9 squad.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ryanoob played like garbage on pretty much all of the lockdown and shrine slayers this tournament.

Play fast and stupid with a better shot and you'll beat Ryanoob every time. ;)

Mikwen & Chig are a great duo. Should find another good duo for Season 2. Think EG & CLG are the only teams that will stick together. Maybe Noble Black.

I never saw the hype in RyaNoob. All this talk about him being one of the "smarter" players in the game is absolute bollocks. Knowing a couple tricks, angles and nades is not going to translate into you being a smarter player.

• Downvote (-1) 1

If Str8 can upset C9, then two of Ryanoob's teammates from RTX2014 will have outplaced him in the HCS Season 1 Finals.

I never saw the hype in RyaNoob. All this talk about him being one of the "smarter" players in the game is absolute bollocks. Knowing a couple tricks, angles and nades is not going to translate into you being a smarter player.

He learns how other people play and adjust his playstyle accordingly.  I'm not entirely sure if Lethul was serious or joking when he said Ryanoob keeps a notebook of how people react to his Warlord portal doubleback, but he DOES decide what to do with his doublebacks based off who he's playing.  He learns the game and the players.

However, the reason I label him a smart player has always been his route-taking.  Even from the Combine VoDs in H3 you could see he was a smart player, before he ever placed pro.

Props to Noble for winning, they looked great.  As for the quad screens, I actually like them a lot.  Maybe it's just because I'm used to multitasking in general, but I find it very easy to switch my attention between the screens with action going on.  That plus the listen in going on at the same time, makes it fairly enjoyable for me. 

Re-watch UGC. For some reason, his mindset was all wrong for these finals. Sort of gave up. Probably already thinking about S2 or some shit.

I've felt the same way since this supposedly "smart player" phase. Pistola is a smart player...I don't see the same in Ryanoob.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1