CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's mildly amusing how it took nearly 15 years for demonstrated interest to materialize by a significant amount of top tier gaming organizations to financially commit to Halo....and when that happens the game, let alone the competitive scene itself is barely workable. What are the odds. 

The next 12 months will be quite interesting. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm assuming that Optic broke up to get away from Flamesword since hes pretty bad at every Halo except 3

No offense to any of his fans but I never really understood how he got in the position he was in. Status Quo was a pretty unusual team to me especially since I was a huge Strongside fan for Halo 3. I guess he got it because he's just an overall nice guy and always has been to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm assuming that Optic broke up to get away from Flamesword since hes pretty bad at every Halo except 3

He won two events in reach...

It looks like EG will be scrimming BtH at 11. Don't know who will be BtH's 4th though. We'll see.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No offense to any of his fans but I never really understood how he got in the position he was in. Status Quo was a pretty unusual team to me especially since I was a huge Strongside fan for Halo 3. I guess he got it because he's just an overall nice guy and always has been to me.

Obviously hes a good guy. But even I was beating him in FFA's when people were practicing for H4GC and I'm bad at FFA's and H4

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not so sure they are as big of rivals anymore. They interchange players all the time e.g. Formal, Merk, Jkap, Proofy, Rambo, Scump, Nadeshot, and Clayster. With some of those players switching in between teams multiple times. 

I even remember from like MLG Anaheim 2013(I believe) when Optic and Envy played. They interviewed two players, one from each team, and one of them regarded the other team as their "sister team" because they were so close to each other and they were all buds outside of the game. 

Yea they dont hate eachother of course, its more of a rivalry between the biggest orgs kind of thing. Its not like the members of TD hated the members on Str8 or anything in 09. They just have seperate ownership and are big orgs, its a friendly rivalry. 

Obviously biased because im a status quo fan but his communication, vocal leadership and strategy made him a valuable player. Hes not flashy and never really drops big numbers but he gets the job done. When hes surrounded by successful players, he can just do the dirty work and help his team win. Good example of that is the Battle creek KoTH match at Columbus 2012 where he went -23 and his team still won the game against instinct. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Pure has been around since at least Reach, been a perennial 12-20 team. They're good, haven't broken through quite yet. I think Elamite was even on their team once, they're solid players.

That's why I haven't heard of them.

Very interesting to see completely new names popping up.

They are all sanctioned HCS tournaments, not sure what you mean by "eSports" league.

basically what I meant, all HCS tournaments are apart of Halo's eSport 'footprint', no?

Heard roy talking on Snip3downs stream saying he quit one of his jobs, took a semester off from school and he wants to start trying to stream 6 days a week and make content when he gets a setup. This makes me happy for halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Flamesword might not have the best shot but he's an amazing strategist, not sure if you watch his stream but he tells his team what to do and where to be, every team needs that.

Obviously hes a good guy. But even I was beating him in FFA's when people were practicing for H4GC and I'm bad at FFA's and H4

FFA's don't really mean anything, a lot of pros (not all) are kinda bad a FFA's what separates pros from everyone else is their amazing team work as coordination.

FFA's don't really mean anything, a lot of pros (not all) are kinda bad a FFA's what separates pros from everyone else is their amazing team work as coordination.

Yeah but he should still be better than me lol thats all I'm saying. I know he's a great strategist but there are better players out there

Shameless plug ;)

http://halo.bungie.net/stats/GameStatsHalo2.aspx?gameid=754334686&player=Teapot%20Yo

Yea they dont hate eachother of course, its more of a rivalry between the biggest orgs kind of thing. Its not like the members of TD hated the members on Str8 or anything in 09. They just have seperate ownership and are big orgs, its a friendly rivalry. 

Obviously biased because im a status quo fan but his communication, vocal leadership and strategy made him a valuable player. Hes not flashy and never really drops big numbers but he gets the job done. When hes surrounded by successful players, he can just do the dirty work and help his team win. Good example of that is the Battle creek KoTH match at Columbus 2012 where he went -23 and his team still won the game against instinct. 

I'd have to watch that match, who did they face? It makes sense to me that he made it in his position but from a skill sense, fan sense, or placing sense you could argue others should have earned more of a spotlight, if those are the only things we're focusing on. I met him at Meadowlands 08 I believe. Just a straight up down to earth humble guy. Doubt he's changed, since he seems to promote a big fitness health outlook in combination with gaming. I remember just learning about it at meadows.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shameless plug ;)

http://halo.bungie.net/stats/GameStatsHalo2.aspx?gameid=754334686&player=Teapot%20Yo

I'd have to watch that match, who did they face? It makes sense to me that he made it in his position but from a skill sense, fan sense, or placing sense you could argue others should have earned more of a spotlight, if those are the only things we're focusing on. I met him at Meadowlands 08 I believe. Just a straight up down to earth humble guy. Doubt he's changed, since he seems to promote a big fitness health outlook in combination with gaming. I remember just learning about it at meadows.

They were playing instinct, who ended up placing 2nd, losing only to SQ. Yea lots of others are great, I think flames whole motto has been find a team, treat them like family and grind. The dude had one of the longest lasting teams in halo history. 

Heres the game in particular

• Upvote (+1) 1

They were playing instinct, who ended up placing 2nd, losing only to SQ. Yea lots of others are great, I think flames whole motto has been find a team, treat them like family and grind. The dude had one of the longest lasting teams in halo history. 

Heres the game in particular

Thanks. That was an interesting game to watch cause I already had some context. Honestly though that gametype seems rather boring to me but I missed that event completely and reach actually looked pretty good there.

Reminds me of the modern NBA man, with everyone so buddy,buddy, with each other. Lebron will never be MJ for that reason, he cares too much what people think of him and doesn't have that killer instinct. The Bad Boy Pistons vs the Bulls, now that was a rivalry.

We need real teams and real rivalries in Halo again like FB vs Carbon, Carbon vs Str8, Str8 vs TD, Zyos vs Ogres,Infamous vs Instinct,ect.. I hope top players joining these legitimately professional organizations helps the scene to mature a bit. That is why EG left CoD, the scene was too chaotic. On the flip side I have always seen competitive Halo as a game of rivalries at its core, that is what makes Game of Thrones so entertaining. Maybe its just the clan player talking in me(6+years in various UT,Halo,RS clans) but that is when e-sports is at its best in my opinion.

I love that Gandhi doesn't hide that he still doesn't like T2 and wishes Str8 loses every match lol. The teams dont have to "hate" each other, but I hope CLG vs EG Halo becomes a good rivalry for example and Optic vs EG now that Snipedown+Pistola left Optic Halo. Cant forget the new BtH either, any team with Lxthul on it is bound to be automatically hated by some teams.  :lxthul:

Lxthul get's cheap hate, like look how obvious I can troll I'm such a troll hate.

We need pro's calling people shovelface and Naded needs to come in trash talking the players who invited him to his house after hosting a LAN... ah the good days

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snipedown's stream omg that lockout king so much doge from Snipedown. Squealed like a mofo a couple of times with the nonchalant noscopes.

With OG buying out 3/4th of EG,resulting in EG leaving The COD scene ironically made optic halo disband by SnipeOla joining the new EG. For Ola and Snipedown to leave the biggest COD organization and join its rival is a pretty big deal. Clearly, Optic clearly wasn't giving them anything in return aka tweeting the stream for the event or something that went behind the scenes. 

It seems a little too easy for them to leave optic like that. One thing that has bugged me since the formation of "Optic Halo" is the none of the members of the team have Optic twitter accounts. Anyone that follows the Cod scene knows that whenever a pro player joins a team, they will immediately change their twitter account. Flame as an Original member of Optic still has not changed and Ace for whatever reason has MLG in his twitter. The last time MLG was remotely relevant with Halo was Dallas 2012. There are 2 reasons why I believe that this still has not happened. Firstly, optich3cz doesn't not believe in the team/ have not lived up to hype that Optic Halo is. Secondary, it could strictly be a COD thing which looks bad for the halo scene. For now, I believe Optic halo is just a placeholder of a team Name and until I get a reason why those 2 players have not changed their twitter handles, for me they are not in "Optic". I know that Ace roams the forums so if you do see this, why haven't you change your name to Optic_Ace or are you even allowed to? Anyway, I see Assault getting picked up by Optic Quo. 

With companies such as EG, Optic, Denial eSports, CLG, vws and a rumoured Curse; this is huge for Comp. Halo.  I just hope that with the failure of the post-launch of MMC doesn't push away the casual audience from Halo. (48k) I not expecting a huge turn in teams or viewership for this IG event because of the fact that MCC is broken for now. We'll see though, 343 has so many problems right now I just wonder how much time they can devote to HCS before the IG event.  After HCS Cup #7, we will know the 8 teams that will advance to the Season 1 Finals. This will be fun to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There's a donation war happening on Snipedown's stream. Ryrush with over $500 in donations, Mrn88 with over $100 and DaveStu dropped one $500 donation. Eric is a lucky man, almost a grand in like 1 hour lol

Yeah I just tuned into Snipedown's stream and saw that...

EG paying dividends already

$1000 IN ONE HOUR NOT BAD, 2 users over $500, 1 over $100