CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

can't remember off hand but i remember ryanoob playing a starcraft 2 pro for like a bo5 money matches in sc2.  think it happened from twitter fights.

It was InControl he played against.  The Twitter shit was between InControl and Legit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does EG do team houses? Would be awsome to see more of these big teams getting really serious about their halo teams like CLG.

I dont think LBX would do a teamhouse

With all these Organizations picking up Halo. I just hope we/halo doesn't fail them. The bigger the Hype the harder it falls....

Crazy to think just a year ago Brad made out with the money and we couldn't even get more than 15 team passes sold. Now theres EG, Optic,Denial, CLG and way more huge orgs thinking of picking up teams. 

I've seen people talking about either Curse or Faze picking up a Halo team, what about Envy? Aren't they supposed to be like Optic's sister team? So, since there's Optic Halo could there be a Envy Halo?

They're not sister teams but big rival orgs who have been in CoD for a long time. It seemed like Envy was going to pick up a halo team around the time formal was on the time but that went sour. Envy did talk about expanding into different games though so its not outside the realm of possibility. 

He's on team DRAGAYN SLAYA. They are exclusively doing DA: Inquisition tourneys.

DA Inquisition is  :goat: !

Only thing that sucks is they screwed the tactical overlay up on PC :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

honestly crazy that EG picked up a Halo team ... we don't even know what the HCS viewer numbers will be yet.

obligatory "we back!", in the meantime.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah EG doesn't do team houses from what I recall. 

they've had 2 NA, one in KR, and (maybe, not sure) one in EU. 

It's definitely unlikely they will do one in this case tho

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does not even matter what the number of viewers are. If there are events and money, organizations will be picking up teams 

Also, can we just sit back, even with this shitty setback called the MCC, and realize how far we have come in the last year?

Wow.....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Roy has been my favorite player since the start of H3 and I was an Instinct fan before the gods quad formed. Not the biggest fan of FS but Ace plays very intelligently and is a good player to model your game after. CLG has Ogre 2.

Who would've thought a Halo fan would be having trouble deciding whether to root for Evil Geniuses, OpTic Gaming, or CLG? Is this real life? Are we back?

If only the game wasn't broken..

Having EG pick up a Halo team is seriously big news. If this can keep up untill H5 is released then there's a really good chance there will be a tournament scene even if the game isn't what everyone wants.

Having EG pick up a Halo team is seriously big news. If this can keep up untill H5 is released then there's a really good chance there will be a tournament scene even if the game isn't what everyone wants.

It's already confirmed that there will be a tournament scene. #HCS

It's already confirmed that there will be a tournament scene. #HCS

Yeah I guess so.

That's the second SQ pic he's tweeted, and he showed up in this thread last night being very indiscernible.

T2 coaching confirmed :kappa: 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Nah EG doesn't do team houses from what I recall. 

They have a LoL or DoTA (can't remember which) team house outside San Francisco.  Crimsix lived in it for a bit while they were still under EG.

There are a couple of online tournaments first, then Iron Games Columbus on December 12-14th in Ohio, followed by UGC in St Louis January 2-4th.

Those are all under the 'eSports' league?

Any good Teams of 3 need a solid 4th for this Sundays ESL pre-season event? And possibly beyond that... We can talk about the beyond esl part when that time comes.

Real options only please... This is essentially my job, I'll be treating it as if it was (if i have a team equally as dedicated) and with a real team, i'll be on 12+ hours a day, every day to practice.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Those are all under the 'eSports' league?

They are all sanctioned HCS tournaments, not sure what you mean by "eSports" league.

They're not sister teams but big rival orgs who have been in CoD for a long time. It seemed like Envy was going to pick up a halo team around the time formal was on the time but that went sour. Envy did talk about expanding into different games though so its not outside the realm of possibility. 

Not so sure they are as big of rivals anymore. They interchange players all the time e.g. Formal, Merk, Jkap, Proofy, Rambo, Scump, Nadeshot, and Clayster. With some of those players switching in between teams multiple times. 

I even remember from like MLG Anaheim 2013(I believe) when Optic and Envy played. They interviewed two players, one from each team, and one of them regarded the other team as their "sister team" because they were so close to each other and they were all buds outside of the game. 

Not so sure they are as big of rivals anymore. They interchange players all the time e.g. Formal, Merk, Jkap, Proofy, Rambo, Scump, Nadeshot, and Clayster. With some of those players switching in between teams multiple times. 

I even remember from like MLG Anaheim 2013(I believe) when Optic and Envy played. They interviewed two players, one from each team, and one of them regarded the other team as their "sister team" because they were so close to each other and they were all buds outside of the game. 

Reminds me of the modern NBA man, with everyone so buddy,buddy, with each other. Lebron will never be MJ for that reason, he cares too much what people think of him and doesn't have that killer instinct. The Bad Boy Pistons vs the Bulls, now that was a rivalry.

We need real teams and real rivalries in Halo again like FB vs Carbon, Carbon vs Str8, Str8 vs TD, Zyos vs Ogres,Infamous vs Instinct,ect.. I hope top players joining these legitimately professional organizations helps the scene to mature a bit. That is why EG left CoD, the scene was too chaotic. On the flip side I have always seen competitive Halo as a game of rivalries at its core, that is what makes Game of Thrones so entertaining. Maybe its just the clan player talking in me(6+years in various UT,Halo,RS clans) but that is when e-sports is at its best in my opinion.

I love that Gandhi doesn't hide that he still doesn't like T2 and wishes Str8 loses every match lol. The teams dont have to "hate" each other, but I hope CLG vs EG Halo becomes a good rivalry for example and Optic vs EG now that Snipedown+Pistola left Optic Halo. Cant forget the new BtH either, any team with Lxthul on it is bound to be automatically hated by some teams. :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2