CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Noble Black at 7th in everyone's predictions seems low to me. They're a better team than that. This is a stacked tournament for sure though.

Noble Black at 7th in everyone's predictions seems low to me. They're a better team than that. This is a stacked tournament for sure though.

I'm more surprised that most people seem to think that NB will beat Vibe. NB's only LAN was awful. Vibe just dominated the other Europe teams at EGL. NB seems like a risky pick to me for LAN.

I'm more surprised that most people seem to think that NB will beat Vibe. NB's only LAN was awful. Vibe just dominated the other Europe teams at EGL. NB seems like a risky pick to me for LAN.

Its probably because EU teams traditionally do little to nothing when they come over here in comparison to our top 8 teams and even the top 16 usually. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's so shitty to see a team like Elevate getting hated on (or doubted, for lack of a better term) for having a fresh roster of new, competent players. Pretty much none of the pros around anymore were on top their whole careers, they all had their 'eleVate's, so why not support them? because they're one of the two teams without a huge name on it that's doin' it up in the top 8(9???), the fact they tolerated MCC's broken BS for the HCS deserves respect in itself.

They play EG WR1 and loser of C9/OpTic LR1.  It's not a good bracket to have.

And regarding Vibe: the European team at the Launch Invitational lost to PURPLE REIGN.  How can you predict a Euro team to beat REAL teams?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The only three teams that I know of that were foreign that did well were Frenetic Array, Power and the Colombian team at the H4 pre-launch tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They play EG WR1 and loser of C9/OpTic LR1.  It's not a good bracket to have.

And regarding Vibe: the European team at the Launch Invitational lost to PURPLE REIGN.  How can you predict a Euro team to beat REAL teams?

Invitational no one had really played the game much, if at all (StK/CLG hadn't touched it yet).

But, Vibe has looked impressive to me. Much better than that TCM team from the Invitational.

Idk, we'll find out this weekend I suppose. :)

Invitational no one had really played the game much, if at all (StK/CLG hadn't touched it yet).

But, Vibe has looked impressive to me. Much better than that TCM team from the Invitational.

Idk, we'll find out this weekend I suppose. :)

The Europeans have also been getting a lot more quality practice than before through frequent EU online tournaments, a couple LANs, and sometimes scrimmage NA teams. I'd say that Vibe definitely isn't a top team, but I could definitely see them having a chance at beating NB.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Severance finished Top 6 at the most recent MLG Halo event.  Gabriel and Munoz were both on that roster.

Prior to that, Gabriel/Shaffer were consistently Top 16 team in MLG Reach.  So that's also inaccurate.

Is Shaffer even on Elevate anymore? I thought they replaced him with Shooter.

A team of Gabriel, Shooter and two other people at their level might be better, but I'm not impressed with Munoz at all, and haven't seen enough of Spartan to judge.

The H4 MLG event meant absolutely nothing. It was a pre-release event where the teams that downloaded the game early and nerded on it did well. The God Squad got top 12. Reality Check got top 8.

I feel like if EU assembled their own "god squad" they might be able to pull off some upsets.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is Shaffer even on Elevate anymore? I thought they replaced him with Shooter.

A team of Gabriel, Shooter and two other people at their level might be better, but I'm not impressed with Munoz at all, and haven't seen enough of Spartan to judge.

The H4 MLG event meant absolutely nothing. It was a pre-release event where the teams that downloaded the game early and nerded on it did well. The God Squad got top 12. Reality Check got top 8.

Shooter is better than Shaffer -- just pointing out the fact that players on eLevate were top 16 in MLG, so it's unreasonable to think they wouldn't be if MLG were around now (since most of them have improved since those days).

Spartan was the most skilled player on the eLevate roster I coached, and performed the best at UGC.

Shooter won the RTX event with Ryanoob, Arkanum, and someone else.  I didn't have any opportunity to work with him before I got replaced by Sammy, so I don't know his attitude/playstyle that well.  I just know he's improved a lot since the Crowd Pleasers days.

Munoz is a player who will never show up statistically, but he's the calmest player on the team.  He's also closet nerd for the game.  He's the closest to an "objective" player the team has, though his playstyle doesn't really have him initiating the pulls that often.

Gabriel is a bit like Reach Ninja.  Talented slayer, fantastic sniper when he's on.  When he's off, he looks shaky and makes poor decisions.  Despite his preference for holding sniper, he's at his best when he's flanking or playing safe and sneaky.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like if EU assembled their own "god squad" they might be able to pull off some upsets.

Well the 'god squad' might not 'mesh' ya know? The 4 best players doesn't necessarily mean the best possible team.

I think we need to see how Vibe does this weekend before we can start legitimately comparing eu guys with na ones. International power rankings are almost always inaccurate and hard to substantiate when you don't see them playing against each other.

On another note god damn eric that game was nasty

They play EG WR1 and loser of C9/OpTic LR1. It's not a good bracket to have.

And regarding Vibe: the European team at the Launch Invitational lost to PURPLE REIGN. How can you predict a Euro team to beat REAL teams?

no they didn't lol, tcm lost to str8 round 1 2-1 taking the slayer, and then lost 2-1 again to VwS I believe. Might have been a 2-0 but I think it was 2-1. Both those teams got 2nd and 4th, I do think noble will beat them but I think it will be a better series than people expect.

no they didn't lol, tcm lost to str8 round 1 2-1 taking the slayer, and then lost 2-1 again to VwS I believe. Might have been a 2-0 but I think it was 2-1. Both those teams got 2nd and 4th, I do think noble will beat them but I think it will be a better series than people expect.

I gotta stop listening to Rob.

[1/26/2015 9:14:44 PM] Tyler / TiberiusAudley / eLevate: I think TCM could beat VwS
[1/26/2015 9:14:52 PM] eLevate Mao: no way
[1/26/2015 9:15:02 PM] eLevate Mao: TCM couldn't beat Purple Rain
[1/26/2015 9:15:06 PM] Tyler / TiberiusAudley / eLevate: wut
[1/26/2015 9:15:17 PM] eLevate Mao: TCM LOST TO PURPLE RAIN
[1/26/2015 9:15:20 PM] Tyler / TiberiusAudley / eLevate: wut

• Upvote (+1) 1

For anyone who wants to see this game against OpTic last night  26-13 Running Riot + Sharpshooter 

3-0 Shrine Bomb vs Denial yesterday evening was even better imo

very excited about this weekend. gonna be a good one.

• Upvote (+1) 8

@@TiberiusAudley TCM didn't lose to Purple Rain lol, there was no conso, but yeah Lethul was almost right, they lost 2-1 to Str8 and 2-0 to VwS. It's bo5 for this event though (as far as I'm aware), so hopefully the series will be less random! 

In terms of Vibe and how they've been practising, well...

Before Battle of Europe they hadn't really been practising much at all; yes there had been 2/3 online tournaments a week but Vibe were usually only entering one, and sometimes with a sub, so they were quite overlooked at the event, even though they came in to it very confidently. Me and others were all predicting an Epsilon vs. TCM final, but Vibe surprised a lot of people by winning it.

I'm sceptical on how they'll perform in America, I honestly have no clue what the series vs. Noble will be like, but I think it will be close.

One thing I will say is that Rami was dropped from TCM due to his performance overseas. Riotz and Foxy were not confident in his ability versus the top American teams and so picked up someone who they thought would be more capable, but after Chalkie left the team they lost a lot of firepower, and I honestly believe Chalkie is a big part of Vibe's success at the event, him and Rami were playing extremely well, not to take anything from Septic or BlackJack. If Chalkie comes into the event hot and makes some big plays Vibe could go far, and I am confident that they could upset some teams if they're not careful. 

I'll be at the show all three days trying to catch all the matches I can. Any idea what the times will be?