CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

For the players with contract orgs, do they end after S1? Hard to see any team sticking together, besides the winning one. Maybe CLG and Optic.

Agreed they both should have their say. It just feels like to me that people are more in support of T2's side simply because his post was a more "entertaining" read, a lot were cracking jokes the past few weeks about him over this and they change their tune the second he posts here. Although this happens with every other pro as well- but yeah. T2 mentions the TSM deal, I think I saw one person try question him for details on that. From the vibe I'm getting from his post, what Ptype said about him turning down the TSM offer simply over his pride in his brand is likely true. Both of them shouldn't have went about it the way they did but I feel it's a little sly that everyone turns on Ptype straight away over a wall of text. 

i getcha. There were people in the beginning who were against what prototype did/said but i swear there was a solid 3-4 pages off t2 memes and bashing. I wouldn't say they are turning on him but yeah it does seem hypocritical. People like when pros post, example being ninja posting a kermit meme, so it doesn't surprise me to see t2 get upvoted so much. Its probably split between people who agree with what he said, and people who like that he is fueling the drama.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I doubt Andy (TSM) seriously thought about going through with a Halo team AFTER HCS started. He's too good of a businessman, and knows CLG/C9 owners too well to not be in on how they are doing, which I assume isn't too well, with much better placing teams than Str8.

When HCS first started/was announced sure, but not after its proven to be a shitshow, and the potential team isn't placing too well with an already low prizepool.

Psst, prize pools aren't where orgs get their money.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Correct, most big orgs take 0-20% of prize money

• Upvote (+1) 2

This thread convinced me to watch the HCS finals rather than CoD regionals this weekend. Thanks beyond for the forum drama. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

For the players with contract orgs, do they end after S1? Hard to see any team sticking together, besides the winning one. Maybe CLG and Optic.

CLG yes, optic idk, but what about EG? I really like snakebite/royal 2/heinz, but a part of me would love to see ola return, vic/fis leave c9 and ogre2 join them for some more fb dominance. It will not happen, nor should it, snakebite/royal 2/heinz are amazing players. C9 to definitely split up, str8 no idea, noble black probably?, denial to stick i hope? idk anything about the other team/s.

Twitch does not have any ownership stake in TSM.

I had false info then.

Still doesn't change the fact I could see that having some impact on choosing Halo or not.

Correct, most big orgs take 0-20% of prize money

And in the cases of higher placings, the percent taken is less, correct?

I seem to recall the released Speed.Int contracts from DotA showing that top finishes at high-profile tournaments let the players get all the money, while lower placings, the org would take a respectable %.

Elevate doing well lately? My teams 1st day of PGL 4s with this new roster beat them :o

ier9SHj.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

So are...

"We Back!"

or

"We Dad?"

Let's see how the Season finals play out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Both at the same time. 

We're Dad's back? Are you calling me hairy?

CLG yes, optic idk, but what about EG? I really like snakebite/royal 2/heinz, but a part of me would love to see ola return, vic/fis leave c9 and ogre2 join them for some more fb dominance. It will not happen, nor should it, snakebite/royal 2/heinz are amazing players. C9 to definitely split up, str8 no idea, noble black probably?, denial to stick i hope? idk anything about the other team/s.

I think the obvious happening is Pistola joining C9 in place of Ninja.

But not before Ninja gets his free HTC of course

• Upvote (+1) 1

This thread convinced me to watch the HCS finals rather than CoD regionals this weekend. Thanks beyond for the forum drama. 

:weback:

Any predictions? Mine:

EG 1st

CLG outside the top 3

Optic or C9 to overperform and get 2nd

Sudds outside the top 8

Idk, what would happen to the whole c9 sponsor thing?

They get their money from sponsors, and an event with a max concurrent viewer base of 10k makes no money. I'm honestly surprised CLG and Cloud 9 stuck around as long as they have, they have to be losing money at this point. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

They get their money from sponsors, and an event with a max concurrent viewer base of 10k makes no money. I'm honestly surprised CLG and Cloud 9 stuck around as long as they have, they have to be losing money at this point.

Perhaps they are more patient than you give them credit for. Do you think they expected instant profits from a league that has only just begun?

Perhaps they are more patient than you give them credit for. Do you think they expected instant profits from a league that has only just begun?

I could understand their patience if the league was growing. But it has been steadily declining in both player base and viewer base.