CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

jesus Christ this is the most stacked team I've seen. Literally no weak player. I'm scared for the other teams. Rip

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To all those people through the entire time who thought Snipedown was going to Str8 he was just tweeting hints/pics to mess with everyone. He didn't want people officially knowing what was going to happen, so he can get a reaction like this. However, anyone who noticed who Eric just followed on twitter would have had a dead giveaway to the sponsor...

Very smart aha.

WOW...... I dont know what I am more excited for this new EG godsquad v2 or that legendary professional gaming organizations like EG are getting involved with Halo  :)  :weback:

I am starting to think Halo getting dropped from MLG was a necessary step for Halo to grow and branch out to new opportunities it couldn't of had before. I am going to make bold statement...this line-up has possibly the most slaying power in Halo history outside of 07' Final Boss. You are going to see matches against top 8 teams where this squad takes over map control, and just obliterates with both snipers and basically runs over the other team. 

As long as there is an opposing force at work against eg (hopefully clg) I'm good.. So it won't be a blow out every event which becomes predictable and boring after a while.

I am starting to think Halo getting dropped from MLG was a necessary step for Halo to grow and branch out to new opportunities it couldn't of had before. I will say this now...this line-up has possibly the most slaying power in Halo history outside of 07' Final Boss. You are going to see matches against top 8 teams where this squad takes over map control, and just obliterates with both snipers and basically runs over the other team. 

I think this was definitely huge. In the recent annoucement about dropping their COD squad, alex (owner and ceo of EG) does make mention of the rules and regulations that mlg tends to impose had an influence on them wanting to leave the COD scene. With HCS being more open to many different tournament organizers, that would seem to make the environment more conducive for a wide variety of big teams to take part because their individual interests (read: sponsors and exposure) can shine. You can see this by the fact that as soon as the squad is announced, they get front page of a twitch and everyone is tweeting about their twitch streams. Whereas in another mlg-centric scene (COD), mlg.tv reigns supreme and EG had issues with streaming league matches on twitch and etc. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not only that, but these guys have teamed with each other so many times before that I think they'll want to stick together unless they do really poorly

They are all good friends as well.

Curse Agency was rumoured. No idea if Faze wanted to actually pick up a full team.

I wonder if they're on salary or not.

Curse was a rumor for The Agency last time I checked, and FaZe I have not heard anything about. If I had to guess, Str8 would be a Faze type of team. T2 and Temperr have similar personalities.

As long as there is an opposing force at work against eg (hopefully clg) I'm good.. So it won't be a blow out every event which becomes predictable and boring after a while.

I'd be ok with the first events being blow outs and then something along the lines of Carbon coming. :gandhi:  :ghost:  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who else remembers when EG.Incontrol was making bashing halo on twitter and getting in twitter fights with pros? I think this was around halo reach-halo 4...2011-2012 

Now EG is picking up a halo team. Interesting how times change!

• Upvote (+1) 1

The thing about having 4 of the best players in the game on one team is that there's less and less talent to spread around to the other teams. Everything other than first is probably going to be a gongshow for a few events.

EG kind of had enough with COD, and are not interested into going back into that scene after all that went on at the end of the Ghosts era.

Luckily, Halo was right there to jump right on to it!

Not gonna lie a few pages back I saw this god squad forming in a dream or something other then lunchbox I thought it might be stuck with t2. But anyway I'm pumped for HCS! .........

One question though how long can a community stay pumped for halo with a broken game? #praying

Who else remembers when EG.Incontrol was making bashing halo on twitter and getting in twitter fights with pros? I think this was around halo reach-halo 4...2011-2012 

I vaguely remember Ryanoob challenging EG Incontrol to a Starcraft II match or something, I am pretty sure they actually streamed it as well. Not sure if he ever played Ryan in Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

can't remember off hand but i remember ryanoob playing a starcraft 2 pro for like a bo5 money matches in sc2.  think it happened from twitter fights.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've seen people talking about either Curse or Faze picking up a Halo team, what about Envy? Aren't they supposed to be like Optic's sister team? So, since there's Optic Halo could there be a Envy Halo?

OP forgot to put Mavenn as a F/A.

He's on team DRAGAYN SLAYA. They are exclusively doing DA: Inquisition tourneys.

• Upvote (+1) 2