CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I saw a post earlier about it, but don't want to go digging in order to quote it. What's the deal with only 9 gametypes? I'm not sure how they plan on running the HCS tournaments, but things definitely need to go back to best of 5 instead of 3, and only 9 gametypes would throw a wrench in extended series.

who has the hcs rules because the officially hsc gamertag is offline i cant access the file share right now.

This entire thread is giving me such nostalgia  :chiefdancing: .... like seriously everything about it from lastman making the thread to cyren checking up on it with a quick post every now & then # :weback:

this week of shitty MM will all be worth it if this patch really does what it says it will do

really hope lunchbox makes a return so I can see a Snip3Ola + RoyBox top 1

CLG doesn't make me comfortable I don't think they will last going off of og2's streams

I want Str8 to clean things up and for T2 to realize this aint '08 anymore

• Upvote (+1) 2

I saw a post earlier about it, but don't want to go digging in order to quote it. What's the deal with only 9 gametypes? I'm not sure how they plan on running the HCS tournaments, but things definitely need to go back to best of 5 instead of 3, and only 9 gametypes would throw a wrench in extended series.

The two ball variants are still being tested. They'll probably be out before the season starts

Sanc bomb is going to be the worst. Extremely boring to watch, even more so than lockout ts.

I really hope these sponsors don't force their names upon the teams. I'd hate to see Halo become full of Org names. Team Names gives each team a personality, and that adds to the fun of the scene. 

You mean like how every team in Halo Reach had it.

UOR Dynasty

Apex Revolution

cL Final Boss

Apex Str8 Rippin

Fnatic Classic

And that Snipe tweet came right after him tweeting a pic of the on screen message of him following the str8 twitch channel.

Lets hope for his sake he isn't joining T2. That team will be depressingly mediocre.

What? How would Tsquared, Legit, Naded and Snip3down be a mediocre squad? You have two ridiculous slayers, arguably one of the best / most skilled supporting players in the game in Legit and a Halo Legend in Tsquared that has been playing more than anyone so far. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well speaking of Snipedown, I have him as a guest on my radio show today. Let me know if you have any questions for him.

(Already been asked about 5 times about his roster, I'll see if if he is willing to reveal it there).

What does he think of H2A? Would he be interested in moving into a team house like some teams seem to be interested in?

Well speaking of Snipedown, I have him as a guest on my radio show today. Let me know if you have any questions for him.

(Already been asked about 5 times about his roster, I'll see if if he is willing to reveal it there).

Has he enjoyed H2A more so far than HR/H4? Maybe be a bit early with MM issues though but worth an ask I guess.

I'm very sick today, coughing up all sorts of crap, barfing, the entire works. 

I got the strength to get and say how proud I am to be a part of this community and Halo.

So glad we have a dedicated league and the community behind it. Let's ride this train right into Halo 5 fellas. We're going to have a great year!  

• Upvote (+1) 2

The out of the box weapons thing is going to be weird now that we haven't seen it this way in like 8 years. No one's still going to be picking up the Needler or the SMG, but ARs and shotty will see time. I am still surprised they didn't raise movement speed being that H2A feels so slow and that's the one thing that most people are in agreement about.

I still think one minute Hills should have been changed.

I'm on the fence about Touch return I have to see it played more

Bravo Tweeted that Lockout abd Warlock ball are still being tested. I hope they make it

Yo people are going to sleep on that AR but that shit is actually pretty good for a surprise attack! I can't wait!

Still no love for Destin, dude was probably the most underrated halo 3 player imo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

As awesome as original team names are, especially Halo's history of them. What would you rather have, cool team names that do nothing for the team other than show who they are, or big orgs who help the players grow thus helping Halo grow?

Some food for thought.

Oh, I definitely understand how much better it is for the scene that big orgs are taking larger roles in the scene, but the nostalgic in me is going to miss seeing things like Triggers Down versus Final Boss over Curse vs CLG. The older team names brought a better sense of community imo, but honestly yeah it is a lot better that big orgs are taking.  I would much rather see something like this:

UOR Dynasty

Apex Revolution

cL Final Boss

Apex Str8 Rippin

Fnatic Classic

Than have it become just Cloud 9 vs CLG vs cL vs EG vs FaZe, etc. But I definitely understand why it's better for the scene if the latter ends up happening, and I want nothing more than to see Halo grow. 

What? How would Tsquared, Legit, Naded and Snip3down be a mediocre squad? You have two ridiculous slayers, arguably one of the best / most skilled supporting players in the game in Legit and a Halo Legend in Tsquared that has been playing more than anyone so far. 

I would be surprised if that turned out to be the squad. snip3down and ola seemed to be a t02, so it would be t2, ola, snip3down and naded if anything. I thought I heard legit couldn't attend the next event

I agree with how much the orgs help, but everybody in the Halo scene is use to seeing these great team names (i.e. Final Boss, Triggers Down, etc etc) in the competitive scene but I do like how they use to do it with the org sponsoring them in front of their team name UoR Dynasty cL Final Boss Fnatic Classic etc. So something like CLG Shoot to Kill, OG Status Quo, etc

I like the sponsor in front of the team name as well. It probably doesn't give them the same exposure though, which is why they more than likely don't like it and have not continued to do that. MLG owned the Names to most of the Halo teams, so I'm sure that's why the organizations had to be OK with just being a part of the name. The only team that remotely has that clout is Str8 Rippin, and it's only because T2 owns the name.

Main problem with having the org names in front of the team name is that most commentators won't say "CLG Final Boss" or "Eon Instinct" they'll just say "final boss" or "instinct". So, just having the org name would be the better for the orgs.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why don't we put 343s forged Beaver Creek in the settings? Why isn't that in the game anyway?

Have you taken a good look at it? Cause if you did then you would know it sucks balls and would lagg like crazy.

I actually don't know where to find it haha.

Well I don't even think you can download it anywhere, but from the looks only in the vid you could tell it was pretty darn bad. :/

How does one register his team for the HCS

I think it's more for teams that are planning on competing in either the ESL online tournaments or one of the sanctioned events (Iron Gaming, UGC, etc)  There isn't an overall registration for the entire series, from what I understand.