CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hopefully they have just been waiting till season 2 to give out that "surprise" which is actually more maps, on top of the game being free.

Ugh, that would be so good. Would love an Ivory Tower or a Midship to go with this beaver creek.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My EG biased top 8 

1st - EG

2nd - Denial

3rd - CLG

4th - Noble Black

5th - Optic 

6th - C9

7h - Str8

8th - Elevate

My EG biased top 8 -

1st - EG

2nd - Denial

3rd - CLG

4th -Noble Black

5th -Optic 

6th - C9

7h - Str8

8th -Elevate

Mine too :P

Maybe CLG over Denial but Denial is on fire. Realistically I hope EG steps it up. W/ pistola I really thought they have had a solid chance to be #1. Now that the teams gelling w/ Lethul I'm anxious to see how well they do at G4G.

Predictions for top 8 @ G4G?

Denial

CLG

EG

Noble Black

Optic

Str8 Rippin

Cloud 9

Elevate

My top 8 of this an ill try to be as non biased as possible.

CLG - they have ogre 2, and clearly he's been doing stuff right since the beginning of halo, royal 2 and snakebite who kinda just clean up everything, then you have heinz who's kinda their do it all type of guy, so I see them winning this whole thing.

EG - I think these guys will come in a close second, I think they have too much slaying power and the reason I say this is cause it seems that they slay a ton but games sometimes last forever, not calling any of them stats it's just how their play style seems, I feel like Roy Snipedown and Lethul are just those type of players who JUST kill because of there play styles, with lunch in my eyes being like the heinz of the team.

Denial - I see them getting third, I think they're the undisputed third place team in my eyes, I don't see them losing to anyone but Eg or Clg, they have ryanoob who can really do whatever the team needs at that time whether it be pull attention away from the team slay and obj, Chig who is a neuscence to kill he's more of a slow player so he just LIVES, then cloud and Mikwen who I think are surprisingly sick and I've told both of them how much raw talent thy have

Optic - Id say optic in 4th in my eyes they don't really seem like they improved or got worse off the team change, I think contra is def a good player and proving it but I don't know if he's the player to get them a tournament win, other than that a decently well rounded team

Cloud 9/Elevate - with both these teams I feel like they could be both hit or miss, cloud 9 does have a lot of lan players "lansteria" or Cam but I think the ultimate factor in them doing better is ninja, I think he has the most the work on out of them all, if he plays good I see them doing good

Cloud 9/Elevate - Now elevate I'm not really that big of a fan of this team, but getting rid of shaffer I think was ultimately the right decision every team he's been on in the past it always seemed he kinda just held them back, I don't know why it seems like that and I'm not tryin to be a dick to him I just think he plays halo wrong, but there 4th from what I've been told is actually pretty good, I've never seen him play but I expect these guys to do better than their last tournament

Noble Black - now I've been watching them a lot and it seems like since the team change with Apg for contra they've gotten a whole lot worse, I honestly don't know why, cause I think Apg is a really good player most of them to be honest, I wanted to team with aries forever now and I've always thought maniac was good but they do just not seem to click so I def think the team change kinda screwed them.

Str8 - now str8 Rippin tons I could say about this, but I don't see this team making the top 8 as much as I love Str8 sick he's gotta lot to carry. Their first problem they don't practice EVER even when I was on the team, second problem I think Naded COULD be the best player in the game but like Str8 Sick I think he's such an emotional player and I think if something doesn't go his way or both these players way outside of the game or they're just not feeling it they are kinda average players, but vice versa I think if you see the "hyped Naded" or "happy str8 sick" those two alone are the best players in the game, then you have t2... Well he's doing yoga or meditating or some shit. No but honestly him or legit are the weak links on this team, tom just doesn't have it at least in my eyes and even after everythjng hope he proves me wrong. Now legit I don't think hes a bad player necessarily, but I def don't think he's great either, he's kinda just THERE he doesn't play hasn't really done well the past tournaments so I think more of the old friendships got him on the team. But hope these guys do well just cause of my relationship with Str8 Sick love that guy like a little brother :)

I know there's other possible teams but I didn't know them off the top of my head hence why I quoted this post.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Anybody who really thinks C9 or Str8 will place outside the top 8 are cray, Both teams will coast
through to qtrs, Assuming they dont have to play another top 8 team by them.

@ Proto...to say Royal 2 and Snake "kinda just clean up" I don't think is giving enough credit where it's do with out them I don't think clg would be anywhere near the position it's in......those to have been some of just the most up front nasty slayers since Halo:Reach....was not a fan of Royal to begin with but he has sure made me one the two of them when they are hot I would say are the best slaying duo I have seen in a long time they will put up crazy stats while the rest of the team just does sub par

Also the new beaver creek map looks pretty sweet and understood the game needs some new maps just to make it playable again but to be honest I am kind of getting sick of remakes every halo it just turns into the same shit.....people knock Reach a lot but that is one thing I will give it was it was refreshing to get some new maps that were competitative and exciting to play I would love to see some new designs coming out

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Also the new beaver creek map looks pretty sweet and understood the game needs some new maps just to make it playable again but to be honest I am kind of getting sick of remakes every halo it just turns into the same shit.....people knock Reach a lot but that is one thing I will give it was it was refreshing to get some new maps that were competitative and exciting to play I would love to see some new designs coming out

all those new maps sucked ass and we played on forge remakes...

• Downvote (-1) 1

C9 doesnt need to practice, Ninja sponsoring them with all that Family Feud Ca$h

@@LethuL wow man no Reality Check in your top 8? #Sleepers #HateonSuccess

• Upvote (+1) 1

Beaver Creek - Forge Remake Done - TS

Lockout - Ball - TS

Midship Forge Remake ??? - Ball - Bomb - CTF5 - TS

Sanctuary - CTF3 - TS

Warlock - CTF5 - TS

All we need is a Midship remake an we have are 11 Gametypes an more map variety.  Watching 3 maps are boring, hopefully season 2 they will add those.

My top 8 for G4G:

1. EG

2. Denial

3. CLG

4. Optic

5. Noble Black

6. Elevate

7. C9

8. Str8/RC(depending on who their 4th turns out to be)

Even though Optic hasn't practiced a whole lot I think they'll make up for it in the next couple weeks and still make top 4. Honestly though I think 5th-8th really comes down to the bracket. But as you can see I'm pulling for some Elevate/RC upsets because both C9 and Str8 seem very shaky.

all those new maps sucked ass and we played on forge remakes...

Zealot and countdown were quality competitive maps say what you want at least they were fresh instead of playing beaver creek for 10 years straight across multiple titles

• Upvote (+1) 1

Zealot and countdown were quality competitive maps say what you want at least they were fresh instead of playing beaver creek for 10 years straight across multiple titles

Zealot, a remake of midship. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Zealot, a remake of midship.

Just because it was purple does not mean it was a remake of midship symmetry wise it was similar yes but looked and played quite a bit differently

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just because it was purple does not mean it was a remake of midship symmetry wise it was similar yes but looked and played quite a bit differently

Still, you have less good maps that aren't forge remakes than Halo 2A. 

lol countdown and zealot only looked good because all the other halo reach maps were really bad.

coutndown adn zealot were just serviceable. both of those maps could be improved.

for countdown if there is ever a remake they should have the rocket ship gone , as if it has launched into space.

• Downvote (-1) 1

lol countdown and zealot only looked good because all the other halo reach maps were really bad.

coutndown adn zealot were just serviceable. both of those maps could be improved.

for countdown if there is ever a remake they should have the rocket ship gone , as if it has launched into space.

All I was getting at is that it would be nice to get some new scenery in this game instead of playing the same basic map structure from game to game I guess better example would be pit narrows and construct from h2 to h3 they were new designs that made for new competitive gameplay instead of watching the same old stuff from game to game so instead of seeing a remake of a map that has been carried over from 4 games I would rather see a new design that plays well

As long as legit wears the bandana, im cool with the pick up lol I have always like naded and legit's chemistry and i know t2 and legit go back, but i i hope that translates to good performances. It will be hard to do but im hoping for a top 4 finish.

My top 8 of this an ill try to be as non biased as possible.

CLG - they have ogre 2, and clearly he's been doing stuff right since the beginning of halo, royal 2 and snakebite who kinda just clean up everything, then you have heinz who's kinda their do it all type of guy, so I see them winning this whole thing.

EG - I think these guys will come in a close second, I think they have too much slaying power and the reason I say this is cause it seems that they slay a ton but games sometimes last forever, not calling any of them stats it's just how their play style seems, I feel like Roy Snipedown and Lethul are just those type of players who JUST kill because of there play styles, with lunch in my eyes being like the heinz of the team.

Denial - I see them getting third, I think they're the undisputed third place team in my eyes, I don't see them losing to anyone but Eg or Clg, they have ryanoob who can really do whatever the team needs at that time whether it be pull attention away from the team slay and obj, Chig who is a neuscence to kill he's more of a slow player so he just LIVES, then cloud and Mikwen who I think are surprisingly sick and I've told both of them how much raw talent thy have

Optic - Id say optic in 4th in my eyes they don't really seem like they improved or got worse off the team change, I think contra is def a good player and proving it but I don't know if he's the player to get them a tournament win, other than that a decently well rounded team

Cloud 9/Elevate - with both these teams I feel like they could be both hit or miss, cloud 9 does have a lot of lan players "lansteria" or Cam but I think the ultimate factor in them doing better is ninja, I think he has the most the work on out of them all, if he plays good I see them doing good

Cloud 9/Elevate - Now elevate I'm not really that big of a fan of this team, but getting rid of shaffer I think was ultimately the right decision every team he's been on in the past it always seemed he kinda just held them back, I don't know why it seems like that and I'm not tryin to be a dick to him I just think he plays halo wrong, but there 4th from what I've been told is actually pretty good, I've never seen him play but I expect these guys to do better than their last tournament

Noble Black - now I've been watching them a lot and it seems like since the team change with Apg for contra they've gotten a whole lot worse, I honestly don't know why, cause I think Apg is a really good player most of them to be honest, I wanted to team with aries forever now and I've always thought maniac was good but they do just not seem to click so I def think the team change kinda screwed them.

Str8 - now str8 Rippin tons I could say about this, but I don't see this team making the top 8 as much as I love Str8 sick he's gotta lot to carry. Their first problem they don't practice EVER even when I was on the team, second problem I think Naded COULD be the best player in the game but like Str8 Sick I think he's such an emotional player and I think if something doesn't go his way or both these players way outside of the game or they're just not feeling it they are kinda average players, but vice versa I think if you see the "hyped Naded" or "happy str8 sick" those two alone are the best players in the game, then you have t2... Well he's doing yoga or meditating or some shit. No but honestly him or legit are the weak links on this team, tom just doesn't have it at least in my eyes and even after everythjng hope he proves me wrong. Now legit I don't think hes a bad player necessarily, but I def don't think he's great either, he's kinda just THERE he doesn't play hasn't really done well the past tournaments so I think more of the old friendships got him on the team. But hope these guys do well just cause of my relationship with Str8 Sick love that guy like a little brother :)

I know there's other possible teams but I didn't know them off the top of my head hence why I quoted this post.

Looks like I'm team killing again, oh boy :/

10 years across multiple titles? What lol

Beaver Creek - Forge Remake Done - TS

Lockout - Ball - TS

Midship Forge Remake ??? - Ball - Bomb - CTF5 - TS

Sanctuary - CTF3 - TS

Warlock - CTF5 - TS

All we need is a Midship remake an we have are 11 Gametypes an more map variety.  Watching 3 maps are boring, hopefully season 2 they will add those.

Pleaseeee no lockout TS =\. Even if it meant 7 obj/4 ts gametypes, I'd much rather see ball over ts on lockout.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pleaseeee no lockout TS =\. Even if it meant 7 obj/4 ts gametypes, I'd much rather see ball over ts on lockout.

Duuude, that CLG vs Denial Lockout TS comeback was awesome though.

Yes it's slower; but it's different than other map TS' and is good to see the strategies of each team every once in a while.