CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 1 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There are many routes that can be taken, I'm just waiting for the slowpokes to respond!

• Upvote (+1) 6

Is there a reason you have Curse as your personal status thing above your avatar? Also are you a To2 with the Goof or could you be the 4th for the Denial Halo team?

I thought it was a reference to always being dropped for APG... the Ryanoob curse.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I thought it was a reference to always being dropped for APG... the Ryanoob curse.

Totally makes sense lol. At first I thought it was a reference to the Curse brand lol.

I wonder where Ogre 1 might end up if he's still got it. Is Immunity still a thing?

Everyone would want to team with him. Is he ever coming back to the States?

I wonder where Ogre 1 might end up if he's still got it. Is Immunity still a thing?

The guy has a kid now and is all the way in Australia, I really doubt hes going to compete, especially since all the competition is in NA. 

Denial+reliable are playing CLG. Check either cloud or mikwen's stream. Would link but I'm using mobile.

Totally makes sense lol. At first I thought it was a reference to the Curse brand lol.

Throughout my career, not just for apg, I got dropped and then beat the team who dropped me at the next event. The name was given by Beyond admins because they thought it was funny.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Str8 looks like it's gonna drop to a top 6 team at best.

What makes you say that? They haven't even released their team yet.

What makes you say that? They haven't even released their team yet.

Ryanoob is gone and there's strong reason to believe Roy won't be sticking around on Str8, it seems. None of the free agents aside from Pistola/Snipedown are as good as Roy and Ryanoob collectively are. I like Tsquared but have doubts in his skill as the game moves foward.

Ryanoob is gone and there's strong reason to believe Roy won't be sticking around on Str8, it seems. None of the free agents aside from Pistola/Snipedown are as good as Roy and Ryanoob collectively are. I like Tsquared but have doubts in his skill as the game moves foward.

But there are free agents out there that would allow them to get better than top 6. T2, legit, Naded, and Snipedown could easily make top 3. Even if you replaced Snipedown with a player like Assault, goofy, or str8 sick I think they would manage better than top 6.

Using only 3 maps lol c'mon 343.

While I think they should've used Zenith, it's safe to say that some solid forge maps will make their way in. Either that or a hopeful DLC

Using only 3 maps lol c'mon 343.

We'll get more in forge eventually... I think they want to keep it to the on-disk maps for the first couple of events to keep everyone at the same pace and then slowly introduce new maps. 

Hopefully 30 second bomb reset time with sticky arming makes the objective easier to achieve, but it still seems possible that we'll have very low scoring games at the highest level.

And hopefully we'll get to see some forge maps and new official H2A maps get thrown into the pool by the time regular season starts, because while Lockout is my favorite map from all the Halo games, it's an oddball map and definitely not a team slayer map without weapon placement tweaking. There's a reason that Guardian TS was removed from the MLG gametypes in H3 and Guardian itself had a petition thread on the old forums.

I think Warlock Flag should not have instant return time. It should be 3 seconds like the old MLG 5Flag settings. Instant is annoying and slows the game down artificially. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

More importantly, what do we desire out of tournament format for a pool of nine gametypes? Bo5 with extended series still, Bo3 without extended series? Drop double-elim altogether?

I think that we should definitely stick with double-elim and extended series, but that leaves us with two gametypes not getting played if a Bo3 gets extended to game 7 or two gametypes needed to be replayed if a Bo5 gets extended to game 11.

In either case, I'd like a tournament format so that if teams enter into an extended series, the team that lost the previous series get to chose the first gametype of the extended series with the loser picking the next gametype for the remainder of the series. In essence, this makes it so that in a fully extended Bo3 the maps that don't get played are the gametypes the teams decided not to pick and in a fully extended Bo5 the two repeat gametypes are chosen by the teams themselves.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really wouldn't mind seeing some Forge maps in the rotation. Onslaught and Amp were some of the most fun maps. Especially with the different pallets I can't wait to see what the Forgers come up with.

I really wouldn't mind seeing some Forge maps in the rotation. Onslaught and Amp were some of the most fun maps. Especially with the different pallets I can't wait to see what the Forgers come up with.

I fully expect to see a Battle Creek and Midship Forge remakes in rotation sometime soon

• Upvote (+1) 1